• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Wolfdust

Katana vs Claymore sword

Ah, my bad. Missed that. Psssst. He was referencing a meme. :p Replace "hatchet" with "Machetes" and do nothing about damage and this would have my vote. Dual machetes with crazy swing speed would be hilarious.
  2. Wolfdust

Katana vs Claymore sword

The Claymore's use in Kf is freeing up space. It can kind of sort of do the job of both the 'tana and the axe. Primary fire kills trash, secondary does the axe's job. It's just a bit slow enough that you can't do "W+M1" like the katana, though, and there's nothing really in a zerk's loadout...
  3. Wolfdust

I am trying to like..........

Take it from a horror movie survivor and pro space marine: Hicks: Remember, short controlled bursts. - YouTube You don't FA the Mac at anything more than close range. You use semi and aim for the head or short bursts and aim for the head/neck. Recoil? You push the mouse opposite to the recoil...
  4. Wolfdust

whats wrong with you :o

Are you guys seriously thinking there's some conspiracy over a DLC character. Seriously. Can we take a step back and think about this rationally? TWI set a deal with iceburg - iceberg distributes their gold edition, gets a cut of the profit, and in return helps TWI develop a female...
  5. Wolfdust

M4 My Fav. Weapon

The M4's pretty fun, I like it myself. Even if the RoF makes it a bit impractical to use in FA, it's fun to flip that switch and rock 'n roll from time to time. As for my favorite commando rifle - easily the AK. It's just a great all-around weapon, and I like the way it looks and sounds. My...
  6. Wolfdust

Fav Weapons

LAR - The LAR is perhaps once of the best guns in the damn game. Even off-perk it is dirt cheap and exceptionally effective. In the hands of a skilled level six sharp you can demolish even powerful specimens under the right circumstances. Plus it is just goddamn amazing looking in action. The...
  7. Wolfdust

[Poll] New type of enemy

I wouldn't mind seeing more EWSB (or "enemies who shoot back") personally. Much as the husk is often the bane of my existance (well, after sirens and crawlers, heh) I do like that both he and the Patriarch give me reason to dive into cover and manage to be threatening from any distance unlike...
  8. Wolfdust

Good Weapon Combinations?

Good to know the M14's irons are just as obnoxious IRL as they are in game. :p
  9. Wolfdust

Tactics Weapons from most recent update.

This came out waaaaay longer than I thought it would, so I put everything in spoiler text to reduce the post length, with a general opinion summarizing the text. Let's see: Husk Gun In Short: Eh. M4 In Short: Good! (if you use it right) The M4 M203 In short: No Bloody Way (Demo)...
  10. Wolfdust

Your favourite perk?

Commando. I have an inordinate love of rapid fire weapons, and Commando is all about weapons just like that - and lets you run around with a pair of assault rifles chewing trash to bits. It's just great fun.
  11. Wolfdust

Your opinion on kiting

Generally I only like it if the whole team is doing it - it keeps up the pressure and can be quite fun. I did it on Suicidal WestLondon with a good team once and that was a blast. We had guys covering the outside (myself included) with a 'zerker in the middle who'd run out and kite FPs into the...
  12. Wolfdust

What 'type' of map do you enjoy most?

And camping can be more than left-clicking a doorway. You're holding the line, FPs and Scrakes rushing you like siegebreakers, trying to crack that line and let the mob rush in. Commandos and other trash sweepers, desperately trying to hold off the horde and keep you from being overrun. Etc...
  13. Wolfdust

What 'type' of map do you enjoy most?

I like them all in their own ways, mostly, aside from overly dark maps - they're kind of asshole things to play for any class that isn't a support (flashlight!), Commando (dem lifebars) or zerk (I don't need to see I have a sword!). Slight preference for "day" time maps, though. Something about...
  14. Wolfdust

DIfficulty restrictions

I have to disagree with this restriction. What if I buy a bunch of friends KF and decide "hey guys let's play hard, we'll get wiped but it'll be fun" - they're not going to have very good impressions of the game when they get immediately kicked from my listen server for being level 0/1 perks...
  15. Wolfdust

We've got all this dosh... but what shall we spend it on?

British weapons, historical or modern (including foreign-made ones used by the UK's military), would be my main vote (though I put in Modern in the poll, heh), followed by Historical Eastern Front weapons and Makeshift weapons. Bren gun's been mentioned a few times and that'd be a sight to...
  16. Wolfdust

Steam sale: A Newbie's adventures

Great read, you have a real knack for taking your experiences and summing them up in an amusing manner. Hopefully we'll see more.
  17. Wolfdust

Friendly Fire

Well that's like... your opinion, man. :p Seriously though, I like FF myself, and I like noFF. They're both fun. FF forces you to think before you shoot and employ a lot of tactics into weapons use rather than doing stuff like spraying fire all over your teammates to kill crawlers on them.
  18. Wolfdust

M-14 ebr is full-auto or semi-auto

What. 1. Snipers work in small, secluded teams typically ong recon/survelliance, target marking for air-strikes, counter-sniper, killing enemy commanders, selecting targets of opportunity, or destruction of military equipment. The Sharpshooter lacks a spotter, do pretty much none of these...
  19. Wolfdust

Mods to Retail?

I'd love to see weapon melee implemented. It's fun and it's one of those things that goes a way towards giving the feeling of playing a character rather than a roving turret that shoots bullets, dosh and highly accented insults. :p That and well, the ability to use the LAW as a melee weapon also...
  20. Wolfdust

Seeing and hearing the capsules of the bullets falling to the ground

I'd love that, it's really add to the atmosphere and satisfaction of shooting the **** out of everything. Some addenums I'd like to see: a lot of the reload animations should be reworked to actually have mags removed and replaced (I think ...Yomassis? or someone else already has animations...