• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

For the tread-heads: tanks explained?

I've thought a cool idea for games in general was if old tanks like the T-26 could only be operated by keyboard input while newer tanks with electric turret motors and stick controls could be operated by mouse input because they're more sophisticated.
  2. C

For the tread-heads: tanks explained?

TBH I think the gist of the OP was to explain that with all the factor and variables thrown in, tank combat is made less predictable and not more predictable. Which is actually much closer to reality than many of the encyclopedias and arm chair generals would have you believe. If you look at...
  3. C

The rifles and balancing?

I think a problem people are just going to have to accept if they want accuracy is that Japanese squad-level firepower just sucked during the war. You could design the maps around these deficiencies to minimize them, but the reality is in a stand up fight an American squad can and just will put...
  4. C

Ostfront mode PLZ TWI!!!

Yaaaaay! Someone posted the Call of Orchestra video again thinking it makes the game look bad!
  5. C

Yet more suggestions to fix up weapon handling

Well obviously, or you wouldn't be making comparisons like this in the first place. VBS1 is a milsim, RO is a shooter. Mkay?
  6. C

This is like comparing apples to oranges. You might as well be asking if NASA should take lessons on rocket development from Hamas.
  7. C

Do you miss this?

Another thread of nostalgic wanking to older mods in the series? Wow, it even comes with subjective analysis! We've never seen this before Batman!
  8. C

All rational conversation has ceased the moment someone brings VBS1 into topics about Red Orchestra 2.
  9. C

Accuracy needs to be reduced on ALL the weapons ingame

I'd pay money for people to understand the difference between analyzing and complaining about actual problems vs. being frustrated the game isn't exactly how *you* want it.
  10. C

Are grenades underpowered ?

Defensive grenades are intended to be thrown *out* of trenches and covered positions. Primarily to deter attackers from getting too close. Sticks are still used in a number of anti tank grenade designs because they give the grenade a sense of direction after its thrown. Very important for a...
  11. C

This is also true. Offensive grenades are designed to be thrown in clusters by attackers who will not be very far from the weapon when it goes off.
  12. C

No they're not. Yet again we're confusing paper fact for reality of practice here folks. The effective range of a grenade or any HE device in the field as stated only takes into account ideal conditions. It assumes that the grenade has been properly stored, is fresh off the assembly line, lands...
  13. C

Is anyone still talking about the T34?

The thing is, if the devs balanced the tanks based on kill/death counts vs. other tanks, then the type of shell being used basically doesn't matter. Soviet APHE was notorious for failing outright before penetration which would mean the T-34's main armament was not as strong in practice as on paper.
  14. C

Can a dev clarify some things about the tanks.

The optics for both tanks are actually very generous. Real life gun optics are much more claustrophobic, and the overall image is smaller. Since any computer screen is going to expand the size of the image making individual details easier to spot.
  15. C

RO1 vs RO2

I'm seeing a lot of the same problem Monk. All of these people are referring to how much "harder" RO1 was and how the mechanics were so much more realistic. They pretty clearly aren't referring to the Ostfront we know. But trying to argue that point is like arguing with a kitchen sink.
  16. C

RO1 vs RO2

No it wasn't. Their has been nothing conclusive to warrant serious changes to the gameplay design. I saw that thread, as usual, everyone just posted what they thought and walked away from that thread thinking they "won" the argument. Still totally oblivious to what they were even arguing about.
  17. C

Tanks, Quantity or Realism?

With no explanation as to *how* it takes away from team tanking. I hate buzzwords, and "immersion" is a buzzword. You can't measure it, and it's totally subjective so you can't design a game around it. What's "immersive" to you is not to someone else. DH's tank design has one thing over RO2...
  18. C

Remove tank ai gunners

Resistance is futile.
  19. C

Your verdict on Red Orchestra 2.

Technical problems annoy me but what do you want from an indie developer? The design decisions I have no problem with at all. They encompass both attention to detail in historic accuracy and understanding of good game design.
  20. C

Remove tank ai gunners

Which wouldn't be a problem if the position had some real benefit. All tanks have weakpoints in their armor that are usually occupied by optics, radio ports, sensors, etc. You simply have to do this if you want your tank to perform its job effectively. The Germans and French tried very hard to...