• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. P

I have a crush on Mrs. Claws

Seeing as the TWI guys have made The Christmas Stalker (aka Mrs. Claws) look even more human-like and well proportioned than the original, I have decided to ask her to be my girlfriend. Do you think she'll say yes? -Joker
  2. P

Server Perks not enabled

Tried hosting a listen server on EvilSantasLair and Manor, and neither let me use perks. Perks worked fine a week ago when I hosted. How to fix? -Joker
  3. P

[Game] Miner Wars -- Descent style 6DoF MMO

Upcoming game! http://www.minerwars.com/?aid=3892 For those that enjoy vehicle shooters. It'll be an MMO, cooperative, and single player. Love it. -Joker
  4. P

Mutator Request: Dead spectators can "Use" doors

Really simple. A mutator that would allow players who have died able to perform the "Use" command. This would allow dead players to do something other than fly in circles and heckle live teammates, and it would be add a creepy feeling of ghosts flying around and messing with doors. -Joker
  5. P

dedicated medic dart gun

Could there be a medic dart gun separate from the medic gun, which would weigh only 1 block? The MP7 dart gun is a great idea, but it would be alot better to be able to choose something other than an SMG to fight with, or else be weighed down by too many guns. -Joker
  6. P

Auto-reload disable

Is there any way to disable auto-reload when I reach the end of my gun's magazine? I think that it's ridiculous in the first place that you can't change weapons after you start reloading, first of all. But not being able to choose when to reload is awful. -Joker
  7. P

Server KF/UT2004 Music adminmod?

Any sort of admin mod out there that will stream .mp3 audio to all players in my server? Or maybe just even a Pandora station? KF is great to play music to, and I'd really like to share my Electric Wizard soundtrack with my friends :-p More importantly, it's a ton easier to communicate when...
  8. P

Zombie spectator feature

This is a pretty typical feature request for zombie games, but I'm gonna throw it out there. Purely for relief of spectator boredom, and not for the sake of different gameplay, I suggest a really minimal zombie play feature. I figure, a one-shot respawn as a clot without extra health, speed...
  9. P

Discourse on overpoweredness

I was going to write this as part of an argument in I&S, but it applies well generally so I'd like to make it a separate discussion. Overpoweredness of weapons, of class strength, of any part of a shooter, is usually a notion reserved for deathmatch style games where the victim is usually the...
  10. P

Tactics What counts as headshot?

For leveling sharpshooter, what counts as HS? Does the head have to explode? does it have to kill them? Does it have to kill in one hit? -Joker
  11. P

Fix chainsaw nubs

Don't nerf the chainsaw's power, just make it require some skill. That is to say, any skill at all. Make the secondary attack--the finite swipe that has to be timed and aimed--the only kind of attack that the chainsaw has. Maybe replace the primary attack by a quick thrust with a downward motion...
  12. P

Command aliasing for writing scripts

I want to make a toggle script. The way this is done in other game engines (Half-Life) uses command aliasing, e.g. alias die "suicide | say blarg I am dead!"So the command "die" executes the whole command line in quotes. Is there something like this aliasing in Killing Floor's game engine? -Joker
  13. P

Health indicators

Right now the only way I have for knowing whether my healer works to heal a teammate is to watch the tiny charge indicator to see whether or not it decreases to 50. It'd be nice to have something more visible, like a simple animation on the sublect's health display, more than just the slow...
  14. P

Tactics Hitboxes

Does anyone know the technical details of zed hitboxes? Obviously headshots are nice, but what about chest and limbs? In games with detailed hitboxes like CounterStrike, it's good strategy to split shots between head and chest, because chest takes good damage too, but I dunno if that's the case...
  15. P

auto wield picked up weapons

It must be stopped. I usually play pistol-only, and whenever somebody dies next to me, I auto pick up their weapon, and I auto switch to it, and of course it's empty, oh, and guess what, there's a horde of zeds that just killed my buddy who are coming for me next! Help. Is there a way to...
  16. P

Make medic not useless

The Medic has sufficiently strong powers that serve almost no practical purpose. I suggest making self-heals an item the must be bought at the Trader, and limiting them to 2 carry max. AND decreasing non-medic teammate heals by maybe 30% . Right now, any semi-responsible team has no use for a...
  17. P

Calling all tweaks!

First, SUPER PRAISES to the Unreal game engine. It's pretty, and fast enough to render hoards of zeds and gore, yet variable enough to run KF on....get this... MOBILITY RADEON 7500 with a grand total of 32 MB VIDEO RAM at an average of 24 FPS! ..and this means I can play KF on my crappy old IBM...
  18. P

Voice questions

Hi! I'm a video game end-user whose brain has developed soaking in a vat of QuakeWorld, GoldSrc, and Source! In Half-Life and HL2 mods, the integrated VoIP had options (1) to loop back voice data so e.g. the client could hear themselves speak and (2) to input voice data from .wav file of a...
  19. P

Map Pack release

. . For the players of KF: http://www.lern2play.org/kf/map-pack/download-player.php http://killingfloormods.com/index.php?option=com_joomloads&view=package&Itemid=8&packageId=31 For the server hosters: http://www.lern2play.org/kf/map-pack/download-server.php...
  20. P

Hunting shotgun

I usually opt not to whine about particulars with good games like KF, but I have one suggestion. The hunting shotgun would be alot more enjoyable to use, or even useful at all, if its spread were not so absurdly wide. I realize that HS does loads of damage, but still it's worthless, and...