• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

First handgun!

Yeah, everything's shall-issue. The pistol permits system is a Jim Crow dinosaur.
  2. C

First handgun!

Kind of. We have to get handgun purchase permits in NC (unless we have concealed carry permits); I got stalled getting my permits, so the gun arrived before I'd finished all the crap involved.
  3. C

First handgun!

Finally brought it home.
  4. C

First handgun!

My next handgun might well be a S&W 617. Yeah that's right, a full-size .22LR revolver. :D
  5. C

Your perfect Red Orchestra

Reflex optics and scout scopes for EVERYONE
  6. C

First handgun!

Chamber check on revolver: swing cylinder out partway, put it back in. Chamber check on autoloader: press slide back, eyeball chamber. It's a training problem, and police are far from good role models for firearms procedures. Point still remains: all of this would be moot if people would...
  7. C

First handgun!

I dunno about all this "HIDDEN ROUND OMG" BS. I just check chamber every time I pick up a gun. Geez. Kahrs also require you to pull the trigger to disassemble, but I don't hear people b****about Kahrs all the time. I have heard a few stories of people going "OMG WTF" when they're starting to...
  8. C

First handgun!

Depends on whom you ask, really. The 1911 dates back to (durr) 1911, and has a button release. Lots of European pistols had/ha ve heel releases. Whatever.
  9. C

First handgun!

He has, he was just having "issues" today. As for speedloaders, do you mean sidesaddles and the like? Not particularly, I'm not a shotgunner in any sporting sense
  10. C

First handgun!

My very first pistol! Military surplus, of course. :D CZ-82. 9x18 Makarov, DA/SA, and a proper manual safety. Yay C&L carry (once I get my concealed carry permit). *** From shooting today (I was on Range 2 at PDHSC)... Roommate modeling the CZ82: Me shooting the CZ82: video...
  11. C

Realistic Weapon Switching

Regarding pistols, you could probably draw them one-handed, and all the two-handed pistol stances are a relatively new thing (around the '60s, I think). If anything, there should be a "draw sidearm" key. Grenades...meh. I just wish your character wouldn't fish out a second one after throwing...
  12. C

Tactics Bayonet or shoot?

When using bolt, I'll generally go for a stab when possible, simply because I want to avoid emptying my magazine. I also do a lot of sneaking around, so I prefer to keep my position (relatively) secret.
  13. C

8mm Mauser help

They did. They're loaded pretty hot, and have a tendency to hangfire. If you pull the trigger and it doesn't go off, MAINTAIN STANCE (stock snugged in, sight picture, etc.) for at least 10 seconds.
  14. C

New Toy: Mossberg 590

hahahhaha WTF the ejection port's on the left :mad:
  15. C

You could always just get some sandpaper and round off that outside corner, you know. I was worried that I would have to, but it was fine when I got mine. :)
  16. C

Oh come on, on a shotgun, you're not really going for "accuracy" in any normal sense anyway. The pattern's going to be bigger than the front sight post/blade at any distance.
  17. C

Oh. I'll check when I get back to my apt, then. (At the parents' for Giftmas.) Thanks for the heads up. :)
  18. C

Your sister. In the face. With my hot load.
  19. C

More ammo is never a bad thing. Besides, at close enough ranges, it's not terribly difficult to miss with a shotgun; check out the patterns on that target, at ten yards it's only going to be about half the width of a man's chest. (At least on my particular 590.)