• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. omarfw

Help stop hacking at the source

http://www.stop-cheats.com Sign the petition (bottom of the page) and get developers to do what they SHOULD have been doing for years now. Suing people who make and sell hacks. and they can easily, since making hacks is illegal according to what you agree to when you purchase and play a game...
  2. omarfw

What's up with my video quality

Here's a screenshot from a recent KF testing session. as you can see the color blending looks more like something you would see from a 16 bit color mode, not a 32 bit. This doesn't happen just in KF, but this is where it is the most noticeable. 16 bit textures and 16 bit mode in the KF...
  3. omarfw

Disable Weapons While Climbing Ladders

On almost all maps with ladders, the specimens are not able to climb the ladders but you are. This lets you just sit on the ladder easily headshotting and nading the specimens gathering below. Weapons need to be disabled while you are climbing a ladder. I'd hate to have to see numerous great...
  4. omarfw

KEPT recruiting

so as most of you know, the Killingfloor Exploit Prevention Team was formed a while ago to help reform the whitelist and how the testing process of maps awaiting whitelisting approval would work. as well as basically just to take some of the work load off of TWI. we've done so fairly...
  5. omarfw

Unlock KF's full gore potential

In KF the default settings in the ini for gore are as follows: lowgore:false gorelevel:2 Obviously when you set this to 0, you get the broken neck effect. I tweaked around and typed in 100, but found that the max value for gorelevel is 10 in the in-game console preferences. In my INI it says...
  6. omarfw

Level Design question

I've only bastardized one ue2.5 map together in my life for ut2k4 so i don't know much about it, but what are the prospects of having all 6 players paratroop into a map as it begins? this would be a great opening for a map
  7. omarfw

Charged up melee attack system for certain weapons like in RO

Which weapons this would apply to I haven't thought through yet but I would love to see at the very least a mod port of the melee attack you can charge up for a bigger blow that's featured in RO. I dunno about you but I think it would add some more tactical use to the katana or make the machete...
  8. omarfw

Caffeine ahoy!

Pointless thread but I'm bored. :D What's your favorite energy drink/caffeine source and what's the most caffeine you've ever ingested in one sitting? My favorite is NoS. (i'm drinking that right now actually) Mostly because it's effective and it doesn't taste like caffeine (which is what...
  9. omarfw

Static bodies

I'm making this poll for the people in the other thread. How do people like the idea of having bodies that stay but turn into static objects after a while and don't just stay ragdolls (the ragdolls are what lag the server after a while with the ineedbodies mut) if done right, you wouldn't be...
  10. omarfw

Corrupted files on steam servers. Fixed anytime soon?

I just wanted to inquire as to whether or not something is being done to fix the steam servers hosting corrupted KF files (the ones causing 80% of all KF crashes and problems right now) I would like to hope that this isn't just being allowed to not be fixed, that would be asinine if it was...
  11. omarfw

servers won't ping

I can get a full list of servers to show up but none of them will ping until I select one. they all just have question marks next to them and never go to N/A tried the steam master server file fix, didn't work. please help, this is really annoying.
  12. omarfw

Default max specimens needs a serious boost

Title says it all. Here are the facts: The default max runtime specimens (max specimens allowed to be spawned at one time) is 32. The only way to raise this to a higher number is to either use sandbox mode which disables perks entirely or use a mutator which disables perk leveling. Some...
  13. omarfw

TWI+community whitelist testing team

I'll make this post short and simple. Problem: There are a ton of crappy/way too easy maps that make it on the whitelist and this needs to stop. The whitelist system currently works in theory but it needs to be more uniform and thorough. Proposition: Form a whitelisting team of chosen...
  14. omarfw

Poundamonium leveling

I've noticed a MASSIVE surge of servers running beginner difficulty poundamonium. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=540023#post540023 While these servers are indeed fun to play, they are being used by medics and berserkers to power level. they use the "300 technique" in...
  15. omarfw

Bloom

How do you turn off the HDR bloom in DX9 mode? I don't need it on and it's taxing my card and lowering my fps but I want to stay in DX9 mode because the loading times are miles faster.
  16. omarfw

KF ideas that will never be

party poppers ammo boxes containing mountain dew ammo pickups/thirst quencher using your teammates as meat shields Kamehameha flushpound, friendpounds, flushpounders, funpounds and fleshlights pillow fights someone who survives getting hit by the car in arcade station a nuke stallion...
  17. omarfw

Defend/Control the Area/Objective Gamemode

There have been defend the vip gamemode ideas tossed around but I don't think those have ever been successful. There have also been assault or objective based gamemode ideas thrown around but those would need entirely new maps to get off the ground. so I thought of this. While I was playing KF...
  18. omarfw

It has to be said...

I want the sirens red crap to be gone forever. It is unrealistic, laggy as hell and completely unnecessary. You don't have to be a rocket scientest to know that you shouldn't stand next to a siren. We don't need a red cluster of polygons lagging our screen to let us know we shouldn't go by...
  19. omarfw

The 3 biggest issues of KF right now

I'll keep this short and simple. These have all been reported and discussed about before, i just want to know if you all agree with this list. 1. The max amount of specimens able to be spawned at one time needs a significant boost. There are many modded servers that prove everyday that this is...
  20. omarfw

Dedicated servers modded into MW2

We all saw this coming eventually. I didn't know someone would make this so soon though. YouTube - Dedicated Servers in MW2 To quote the PCZone reviewer, stick that up your ****ter IW.