• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Lucan946

Some feedback from a Rooster.

I would say I agree with everything on this list. Recon planes don't really bother me, but I wouldn't miss them if they were to go eithier.
  2. Lucan946

Remove Elite Assault from Classic?

I was just thinking the same thing, but slightly different: rather than removing elite assault classes from the classic mode entirley, how about elite assaults on both teams can choose between MP-40s and PPSh-41s, and forget the AVTs and MKBs? That's perfectly historically accurate, as captured...
  3. Lucan946

I honestly think it's the maps.

I agree with everything except for the bit about commisar's house. That map can die in a hole.
  4. Lucan946

Napoleonic Mod

I don't think it would work too well just because of the reload time on the guns, although that by no means makes it impossible for the mod to be fun; it'd just be harder to do. There was certainly plenty of urban fighting in the Napoleonic wars. I bet the fights for the suburbs and the...
  5. Lucan946

Western mod

That's not necessarily true. Certainly the rifles were quite accurate, the Sharpe's being accurate to out to 1000m. Really the only ones which would be inaccurate would be the pistols and shotguns, which aren't meant for long range work anyways.
  6. Lucan946

Playing Dead

I think it's a bad idea. Obviously people do this in certain situations IRL, but in RO2 I don't think it'd fit in all that well.
  7. Lucan946

What would it take for YOU to start playing RO2 again?

I still do play, but I'd really like to see CQB go back to how it was in RO1, which is to say desperate and very impromptu. Bringing up any weapon other than a pistol to ADS got you killed, and I really liked that feeling. I don't like how the CQB is now about snapping into ironsights with...
  8. Lucan946

[Crash] Game occasionally crashes when throwing smoke grenade and sprinting

The title pretty much says it all. It's only happened to me a couple times, and I think only on Pavlov's house. (To clarify: I mean it crashes sometimes when I am doing those two things at the same time)
  9. Lucan946

Maybe you just don't like Stalingrad

Because that's exactly what he was implying.
  10. Lucan946

[Error] Stats not saving

Thanks. I'll give it a go. EDIT: I don't think it was. It was already at zero. EDIT2: Actually it is working now. Not sure if it was because of that or not, but thank you.
  11. Lucan946

Granatbusche Modell 39

Nothing. It wouldn't be that huge of a deal.
  12. Lucan946

[Error] Stats not saving

(before anyone says anything: I KNOW YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE ROUND TO END FOR STATS TO SAVE. I have played through many rounds to the end.) My stats are not saving. As soon as the match I am in ends, they all vanish. This has been going on since the stat reset.
  13. Lucan946

9 losses in a row

I usually play Russian, and I will admit that I'm noticing the Russian team looses a lot now. In the beta i found it to be pretty even. I think it's really just because more people like the German army (they do look pretty damn cool I must admit, but I still prefer the Russian side) so they get...
  14. Lucan946

Having access to the opposite team's weapons - Bad thing?

I agree completely, with a possible exception being German heroes being able to spawn with PPSh-41s with drum mags. I'm not sure whether or not Russians ever really ditched their PPShs in favor of the MP-40, but if they did, it could be the same thing for the Russians. Except they'd have a...
  15. Lucan946

Suggestion= RO2 Operation tannenbaum

I think this sounds really interesting. I'm wondering how many people would play it, but I'd definitley like to see it get made.
  16. Lucan946

Mod's you'd like to see

Really don't think those would work (the ones in bold), especially not the second one. The warfare of those eras depends on massed volleys delivered from hundreds of troops at a time, as well as neat, very orderly formations. That and the fact that it would be virtually impossible to represent...
  17. Lucan946

Red Orchestra 2: Ostfront '41 - '45

IMO the zoom is good. At least the first level. I could understand why you might want to remove the second level of zoom, but IMO it would be better to keep it while turning it down somewhat.
  18. Lucan946

A HUGE idea list extravaganza!

Flamethrower tanks actually don't explode very often at all. Sure, I wouldn't want to be next to a guy with one on when he got shot but that's more because it means I'm probably gonna get shot too than because I'm worried that his tanks will explode.
  19. Lucan946

RO2 is a true successor to the mod

1. ...What? 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chance? Huh? 2. Shoot them. They will then die instantly like everyone else.
  20. Lucan946

A list of vital alterations to infantry mechanics. (Lots of Pics and Scheming)

I agree with most of the things mentioned here, except for the idea to remove zoom. It's meant to compensate for the fact that your eye is much more efficient than a computer monitor. While obviously it's not perfect, it's better than just having it stay completely untouched.