• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. R

PC Hard crash (BugSplat) when Cache size is set to specific values

Increasing the UT3 cache folder size is pretty mandatory for playing custom maps so they aren't repeatedly redownloaded. The game seems fine with MaxStaleCacheSize,MaxOverallCacheSize set to large values like 1000,3000 MB (defaults are 10,30) in KFEngine.ini. However with the following values...
  2. R

OGGs don't download from servers

(Yes the perennial "please add OGG download support" thread that's been going around since UT2003) I think one of the key selling points of KF over the competition is the way a wealth of add-on content is available to new players simply by double-clicking in the server browser. I can load up a...
  3. R

Server Launching KF from a URL

There does not appear to be a satisfactory way to launch KF from a URL (i.e. webpage hyperlink) and connect to a server specified. Discovered this when attempting to add such links on our website, which are possible and work well for many other games. Methods I know of...
  4. R

Server Linux Auto-Restart Script

Just posting this bash script in the hope it will help someone else, since I didn't find anything that does this in the Linux server sticky. Following script will automatically restart the server if it terminates and has served me well for a while. If the server bails on map change players will...
  5. R

Someone Impersonating Tripwire on Facebook

Just a heads up that there is someone running a commercial Facebook page pretending to be an official source: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Killing-Floor/107329384814 Fan groups are one thing but Facebook pages are designed to be (a very effective) commercial PR tool, the official presence of...
  6. R

Level Design Zombie Repel Volume

In my map there are hazards that can kill zombies as well as players. Despite making sure no paths go anywhere near them zombies can still be lead onto them by following (suiciding) players. Is there such a thing as a Zombie Repelling volume (like a DoNotEnter brush in Q3) or has someone...
  7. R

KF DS Package Regression

The latest patch removed 2K4Menus.utx server side; however plenty of people have written mutators that launch menus using textures from this to keep with the KF menu theme and therefore require this package server-side. Re-upping the package from a fully patched client solves this issue however...
  8. R

Level Design Fix Misaligned Brushes

After working on my map for sometime I found that brushes had become misaligned / slightly rotated by infinitesimal amounts, in fact the build log was full of "Infinitesimal Polygon" and "Reduced Sliver" errors. I am not sure of the underlying cause other than bugs in UnrealEd nor if there is a...
  9. R

Better approach than whitelisting

I think the map and mutator whitelists are ideas with very good intentions, which I am assuming is predominantly to protect the legitimacy of perk progression and achievements. However in practice they do not work. There will always be someone in the nether regions of the internet with a...
  10. R

Engine support for in-game Web Browser

It would be great if the KF engine could support in-game Internet Explorer instances ala Source Engine. It's not just about keeping up with the Joneses (Valve), this one feature has opened the door to loads of very original, functional and creative mods that help bolster the community of a tf2...
  11. R

Code Accessing player's SteamID from script

(1) Is there any way of retrieving a player's SteamID within script in the same way PlayerController.GetPlayerIDHash() returns the mysterious player global ID? (2) Or is there a built in way of exporting live player name / steamID tuples out of a running server for passing to a secondary...