• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. R

Server Linux server support information

Feature Request Feature Request While the devs are working on the Linux dedicated server, I'd like to make the following feature request: Please implement a -fork option similar to the srcds (left4dead2) linux dedicated server. This allows a significant space and performance saving in memory...
  2. R

[QUOTE=
  3. R

[QUOTE=
  4. R

The lack of a linux build might have a lot to do with the apparent lack of decently performing lag-free servers in the browser at the moment (at least where I live). What we do have is plenty of overloaded windows OVH boxes sometimes creating pretty mediocre in-game experiences for players...
  5. R

Level Design Stop adding destructible lights everywhere on your map

Awesome. The devs themselves commented on their intentions with destructible lighting and it's exactly to encourage this sort of gameplay. Also destructible lights are FUN! I like shooting them all out. In fact a plugin that randomly destroys 10% of them each round might be in order... :D
  6. R

PC Hard crash (BugSplat) when Cache size is set to specific values

Increasing the UT3 cache folder size is pretty mandatory for playing custom maps so they aren't repeatedly redownloaded. The game seems fine with MaxStaleCacheSize,MaxOverallCacheSize set to large values like 1000,3000 MB (defaults are 10,30) in KFEngine.ini. However with the following values...
  7. R

Fix for BT HomeHub / Thomson / BeBox etc routers disconnecting - walking into walls

Tbh these boxes are undocumented plastic PoS - just getting them to do proper Full Cone NAT (for hosting UE3 based games) involved so much messing about with debug commands and beta firmware (nearly bricking it in the process) that I've resorted to using mine as a glorified modem instead and...
  8. R

Fix for BT HomeHub / Thomson / BeBox etc routers disconnecting - walking into walls

What exactly is the problematic rule in the default Thompson config responsible for this? As a Bebox user running a custom config I've not had these issues. We could advise people how to fix their router config directly and notify the ISPs since this sounds like a more general router problem.
  9. R

OGGs don't download from servers

I'm sure they get enough to their personal inboxes as it is and it would be courteous of you to stop spamming them if that's what you do. A post here is communication with Tripwire in their own venue that they created entirely for it and I trust they will get round to reading this discussion in...
  10. R

OGGs don't download from servers

* bump * This seems a comparatively straightforward feature to implement - is it likely to be?
  11. R

Hosting a Mayhem Event

Sounds like you guys had terrific fun! :D We tried our hand at the 128-slot madness a while back but basically the limit of KF stability is around 32 slots, so if you want a similarly crazy server that runs 24/7 and is full most the time check us out. We've a Hard server too. We're in Europe...
  12. R

Server Server Admins. Let

That's pretty much how your actions are interpreted when you start blocking entire continents with such a justification. When you start pre-emptively banning groups of people where does it end? It's a dangerous and controversial route to start going down. The openness of our servers that gusone...
  13. R

And characterizing all Americans as uneducated foul-mouths isn't xenophobic?
  14. R

It was you who characterized the OP as "disturbing" so if anyone here's finger-pointing it's noone but yourself :rolleyes: Mine was a general reassurance that the things you were worried about are unheard of, accusing nobody of anything. Of course your misplaced anger and vitriol shows it to...
  15. R

Barring some hitherto undiscovered vulnerability in the Unrealscript sandboxing I think I'm right in saying that all custom code downloaded and loaded from a server is entirely cleared from memory upon map change / disconnect and certainly on game restart. Malicious unrealscript does have the...
  16. R

ServerExt chat filter is a technical solution to a social problem and unfortunately therefore is basically ineffective. As Floyd said it's easily circumvented and for one thing the presence of a chat filter tends to provoke further bouts of foul language to "test" it / out of sheer...
  17. R

Update on map exploits and memory usage

Just wanted to say thanks for the early warning on the mailing list this time around, really made this update go smoothly for us! :D
  18. R

Server uploaded redirect map files

But if like me you think OGGs _should_ automatically download like everything else does you might be interested in commenting in this thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36951
  19. R

Server Linux Auto-Restart Script

Well this error is meaningless unless you post your modified version of the script too... Furthermore: The nohomedir option is there. But IMO if you are running multiple servers under Linux and you're using it then you're not doing things right. Many things work a lot better with a separate...
  20. R

Remove perk leveling and auto assign level according to the server difficulty.

Forum necromancy I know but... I beg to differ: experimental.rallfo.com:7707 Everything will download on connect and it is usually full of players running unmodified copies of the game. One of my ambitions is to make it possible to auto-download all mods and maps without requiring manual...