• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. chicxulub

Zed time extensions for Sharpies

If, say, 2 or 3 head shots in a row don't deserve a ZTE, I don't know what does. Ditto for, say, 4/5 skewered by an xbow bolt. Numbers, of course, are open to debate. cx
  2. chicxulub

Loading screen images...

How about matching the image to the critter being described by the text? 1) Just makes sense 2) Helps beginners. cx
  3. chicxulub

Server Convoluted HTTP redirect question on Linux dedicated server

I'm running a Linux dedicated server behind a NAT'ing and firewall router. Like any DSL connection. Players access this thru the appropriate holes poked in the firewall and in /etc/hosts.allow using my external, NAT'ed IP. What I'd like to do is use my dedicated server to provide HTTP...
  4. chicxulub

Easier (for admins) whitelist implementation idea...

I think that server admins always having to consult the W/L for all new maps is a bit of a pain and burden on admins and error is prone wrt messing up perk advancement. However, if you, after blessing a map, make a hash/digest of the map (say MD5) and update the master server with the new W/L...
  5. chicxulub

Questions for UT2k4/Killing Floor SDK users.

Why are the KF mods so non-existent? The only thing that we've seen from the typically excellent and prolific mod community are maps. Has the SDK been neutered in some way or am I just too naive to know how long it takes to make these things? Shouldn't a lot of the existing models, skins, etc...
  6. chicxulub

Too many suggestions...

1) In sandbox mode, have a lower limit equal to beginner so people can increase the difficulty of any level by smaller increments and still increase perks and get achievements. This prevents making the game `too easy' since it can never be made easier than beginner. So you can choose the...
  7. chicxulub

Team Killings

There is another type of team killing: When idiots don't keep their heads down despite repeated warnings. And, to a lesser degree, careless strafers. I've sat idle for long times waiting for the empty heads to lessen their distance to the ground. After a number of warnings, I begin going for...
  8. chicxulub

Whitelist improvement

I think that always having to consult the WL for all new maps is a bit of a pain and can also inadvertently cause a game to end up not increasing anyone's scores. However, if you, after blessing a map, make a hash/digest of said map and update the master server, said hash can be used to validate...
  9. chicxulub

Server Why would my server stop counting, e.g. headshots?

It happens on my server, even on T/W official maps. It does not happen on other servers. regards, cx
  10. chicxulub

Server Does anyone have a Linux Dedicated Server running?

SOLVED: I had to remove the stealth directory ~/.steam After the early July update? I've tried tons of things. Updating, reinstalling, installing from scratch. Nothing works. Everything ends up in the exact same, broken, state. If someone has one running, could you tar it up for me? I can...