• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. SpurryMoses

Why apparently verified Killing Floor Servers don't give achievements

Hi, I'm wondering why some Killing Floor servers, fail to give any achievements at all, while others do. I can appreciate whitelisted maps and perks-enabled etc, but this happens on a server by server basis - and I have all the "perk-enabled", "anti-cheat" etc options enabled, in the...
  2. SpurryMoses

How to buy off-perk weapons?

Wow, thank you. I can't believe that I've been playing the last 400 hrs or so, not even knowing I could buy off-perk weapons. What an idiot I am.
  3. SpurryMoses

Random Screen Pauses During Gameplay - Work Around

I get pauses that last 20 sec (exactly, I think) all the time (I'm playing Killing Flor on Mac now) Often when I start the game, it'll pause and I'll start of with the trader clock at 40 sec (20 gone) About 30% of the time when I click any option in the game browser it pauses for 20 seconds...
  4. SpurryMoses

How to buy off-perk weapons?

I thought the only way to get off-perk weapons was to have someone else buy them or to pick them up by chance. But I was watching a YouTube video the other day and this player had all weapons available in his trader list - but I only have perk weapons in my list. Can anyone explain why this is?
  5. SpurryMoses

Mac KF Multiplayer Not Working?

This happens to me. But not quite as bad unless I do something stupid, like leave a VPN connection on. For me, many clicks in the UI freezes the whole game for about 30-60 seconds.
  6. SpurryMoses

Quick Iron Sights won't allow me to fire primary

I changed Quick Iron Sight to "Shift" key and it works now. Just can't use "cmd"
  7. SpurryMoses

Quick Iron Sights won't allow me to fire primary

Hi, I mapped Quick Iron Sights to Cmd key on my Mac (moving from Windows) BUT when I hold it, and press "Fire" it toggles automatic weapon mode and doesn't fire! It's not supposed to work like this is it? It just means I can't use "Quick Iron Sights" at all because I can't fire anything while...
  8. SpurryMoses

An idea for nerfing pipebombs

We've come full circle, which is actually good. The situation you've described here is actually the reason I believe the pipebomb needs to be nerfed ;-) If it's so easy to use that you don't even care about being careful, or being skillful, or how much you spend on them... then it's too easy...
  9. SpurryMoses

Hi HateMe My small, sharp remarks, I thought, would immediately alert you to the fault in your argument. But then I just realised, what do I know, you could be 12 years old and I'm expecting way too much. Let's try this: I did not say that I threw pipebombs onto enemies. Here you are saying...
  10. SpurryMoses

Suggestions to fix the smokescreen caused by demomen.

I had to edit this because I realized the video posted above proves that you are wrong. How does that desk feel? Such arrogance and ignorance combined just needs a dose of evidence to settle it.
  11. SpurryMoses

What's even more silly, is that I never said that. I guess there's a reason there, but you just don't have time to tell us. How about I reply in the same way: Actually, I'm right, sorry.
  12. SpurryMoses

Frustrations of a Firebug

I did. The way the pipebombs work now definitely needs to be nerfed. BTW I've raised a suggestion for that here - http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=38979
  13. SpurryMoses

I hope the Firebug laughs right back at you, because you're wrong. The flamethrower does inflict more damage as you project it. Try setting a scrake on fire while playing solo, vs flaming him down (ie empty the canister) & compare how long he takes to die.
  14. SpurryMoses

I have another one: 5) Get over it and learn to throw grenades in a way that doesn't disadvantage your team (WARNING: this may require thinking while playing)
  15. SpurryMoses

Lack of Competetive play = complacent playstyles?

This is true, and I just realised that I'm guilty of complacency myself. One tempting thing to do is, when you want to play Demolition perk, just grab an M79 as soon as you have enough money. Don't worry if you can't fill all the ammo, or get pipebombs & don't bother with a side-weapon - just...
  16. SpurryMoses

It's wrong to presume there is a static, expected use. You cannot say it's not supposed to be used in a certain way, if that use is effective and successful. Otherwise I could say that the piano is not supposed to be used in the way that Elton John plays it. In any case, how do you know what...
  17. SpurryMoses

That's how I use it all the time! ;-)
  18. SpurryMoses

I like this idea - I'm still thinking on the best way to make them blow up. 1) Whether the game prevents you from placing it (and somehow intuitively lets you know there's another one nearby) 2) It just blows up (after a warning 5 beeps) and Demo has to be more careful
  19. SpurryMoses

Implementing a timeout on pipebombs would stop them from being an easy Patriarch molester. Even after the fix to stop Pat dying of pipebomb overdose - spamming still makes it easy. Actually, the ease and availability of pipebombs makes the whole game too easy - for Demoman & the team. To make...
  20. SpurryMoses

The pipebomb blows up after the timeout - making a few heavy beeps (like a camera timer nearing shoot-time) to warn you.