• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. N

Are TWI going to host official servers?

Something I've been wondering about for a while. Are TWI going to host several official servers for Red Orchestra HoS, most likely in various places to allow everyone to play with a good ping. For me, RO OST only finds 4 servers under 200 ping; custom maps aren't something I've bothered with...
  2. N

Level Design Detail Textures

Does anybody use these Detail Textures? They act as an overlay, that appears over the texture it is applied to. I recently started experimenting with these and I have to say, they can greatly improve the detail and 'grittyness' or surfaces. Downside is, AFAIK they can't be added from placed...
  3. N

Level Design Error on mapload

Everytime I try to open my WIP map, I get the following error: Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48] OS: Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7600) CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3195 MHz with 2047MB RAM Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (9062) General protection fault! History: CheckTag <-...
  4. N

Golden AA12 Reskin

Just a quick reskin I did for the AA12. Not offering it for download becuase of the whole 'can't play online with modified texture files because the engine checks for every single file to be the same as the servers' thing.
  5. N

Tons of crashes

Get tons of crashes throughout playing this game, since I bought it. Never bothered to post them, until now. Just got this one on offices, just about to finish the patty off Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3196 MHz...
  6. N

Stop the flashlights sharing power.

Most of you have probably noticed this, but the shotgun and 9mm share Flashlight power. Ofcourse they shouldn't. Not sure if this is intended however but I suggest it be changed.
  7. N

Compiling a mutator for DA2?

How would I go about compiling a mutator for DA2? Ofcourse, the UCC files aren't in the DA2 directory, neither are all the other files. What do I need to do to be able to compile a mut for Da2.
  8. N

The KF2.0 loading screens.

I was bored and played a lil Kf2.0. Found out it was incredibly hard as 2-3 shotgun blasts were needed to kill a clot on normal. Same with winchester. So I scrolled through the editor. found a fully textured version of the 50.cal machine gun, and loading the animations from Kf retail, to have it...
  9. N

Level Design Triggering Emitters?

Hey, I was wondering if it's possible to trigger Emitters ingame. I have a mesh (A mover actually that doesn't move) That triggers an event when shot. When shot, the event triggers, I know this, but I can't work out how i can have the emitter (Xemitters > KFBotSparks) start Disabled, then...
  10. N

Custom binds.

Does anyone play with Custom commands set to keys and stuff like that? I just set my Mouse4 key to Pull out my knife, attack, and when I release it to pull out my last weapon. Pretty powerful stuff if you get the right ones.
  11. N

{REQUEST} Decal and Blood / Gib stay?

Is there a mutator out there for KF that makes Decals and Blood splatter stay? Even better if it had Ejected shells staying on the floor too. In terms of lag, this could reset every wave or something like that.
  12. N

Idea for a new character

Can we have this guy As a playable character? I would honestly pay
  13. N

Memory leak?

Well, ever since I bought this game a few days ago, after playing through a few waves or so, it starts to lag to an unplayable level, around 5-10FPS. I heard this was due to a memory leak, which was fixed in a patch. My versions updated, since the other features listed in the patch are there...
  14. N

Crouching and not falling off edges.

I think this should be removed. AFAIK, you could still fall off edges in KF2.5, but you can't in the retail version while crouched. A few times I have got stuck in wierd places (Like jumping into a window gap to get stuck :P) and not able to get out. Besides, this would add to the realism...