• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Falidell

Level Design Falidell signing out.....

hey guys! i'll be honest i've been lazy lol even tho my lovey gal enjoys critiquing my work and watching me program( odd i know ) i havn't done anything sense my last post here on the forums maybe a little bit here and there.... but eh..... anyways the reason for my post now is per'request of a...
  2. Falidell

Level Design Fall_TriggerPack_V2

This is a new thread continued over from the first TriggerPack. as i continue on the pack ill be updating this thread to keep you in the loop. eventually ill turn this First Post into a List of Triggers, their descriptions, how to use em, etc. but im still working out the bugs and stuff and...
  3. Falidell

I found this Interesting Article Open GL

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/directx-vs-opengl-apple/337665 now i myself don't know much about open gl however i found it to be rather educational and interesting
  4. Falidell

Code Replication...

can anyone point me toward a practical tutorial for replication of scripts like triggers and such.. i've read a few and they tend to just be about explaining the workings of replication but have no actual practical examples or information to show me wtf they are talking about lol atm i think...
  5. Falidell

Level Design Experimental Concept/new map in the workings

Sup guys sense the completion of my triggerpack i've decided to make a new map. so far my thoughts are so *unlike most maps i want the husk to be the main enemy. im thinking maybe 7-10(for 1-2 people) 10-15(for 3-5 people) and 16-20(for 6+ people) husks coming at you at a time. plus of course...
  6. Falidell

Code having an issue adding spread to projectile spawner

this is my current piece of code related for adding spread.. i know it might be rather dirty. var() float Accuracyspread; function rotator randRot() { local rotator NewRot; NewRot.Yaw=self.rotation.yaw+(((Frand()*1000)-(Frand()*1000))*AccuracySpread)...
  7. Falidell

Level Design the reason i make levels =D

i was watching some youtube video's this mornin' and i found a kf vid of an old old level that everyone knows about. i think it's an amazing video =D YouTube - 28 weeks of Killing Floor Defence so after that video i decided if i could find anymore video's of levels i've made cuz it pleases me...
  8. Falidell

Code How does one Embedd files in .u package?

i have a set of textures that i'll be using as icons for my custom Triggers but i want them to be in the same package instead of being a .UTX and a seperate .u i just want em in the .u file how do i do that?
  9. Falidell

Level Design [DownLoad] Falidell's TriggerPack

Falidell's TriggerPack UPDATE 5 NOW WHITELISTED As if April 1,2011 Update 5(January 28, 2011) *FA_AutoTrigger - added StartonHumanSpawn when true it will automatically fire it's EventToFire when a player spawns(after the readyscreen ) if false it'll fire the EventToFire Immediatly when the...
  10. Falidell

Code Removing that ugly Film Grain???

i know is has something to do with the HUD but i've looked in Hud, HudKilling floor, KFGameType, KfPlayerController, PlayerController, and a number of replications for those, etc. and i still can't seem to find it. infact i can't even find where it's even instigated from or how... so anyone...
  11. Falidell

Code Possible to Hide Var unless bool=true???

is it possible to put in a struct or set of var's that will only show up in the editor if a certain bool is true? this is mainly a question of curiosity, and if it's possible i can make add more editable vars without cluttering up and making my actor properties look messy in the editor also is...
  12. Falidell

Code methods of spawning....

i know that spawn(blah) works for spawning and such. however when i look at some code for say the actorfactory and spawnpoints in Unreal2k4 and U2 i notice that they never directly put Spawn. they'll put something like newactor=spawn(blah); newactor.event=blah; now my theory is that as soon...
  13. Falidell

Code Forcing a forloop to wait for amount of time....

How do i go about making a for-loop Pause it's proccess while a timer such as settimer() or something like that? atm it just skips right past it but i want it to wait a certain amount of time. and this can't be in a "State" so i can't use sleep() which from what i understand of Sleep() i prob...
  14. Falidell

Code Calculating True Variance issue...

ok here is my problem. i want to calculate true variance. my current equation is this: RP is the RandomPause result RP=rand(PauseTime)+((rand(Variance)+1)-rand(Variance)) i added the +1 becuase say i had a variance of 5 without the +1 it would be -5/+4/variance however now it's -4/+5...
  15. Falidell

Level Design Download:Custom KFDoorMover

UPDATE 2 there has been a few questions about the kfdoormover's how do i keep them from respawning? howdo i keep them from being unwelded. unfortunetly this all has to be done via code. Well Fear not for i have done it for you =D i present: KFDoorMoverPlus linky link->...
  16. Falidell

Level Design Download:custom Trigger

Final: final update 3: i have made it so this trigger can be triggered over and over again as many times as you want i have made a neat little trigger. a Random trigger with weights you may ask "But WHY???" well my silly little friend, there are a number of reasons WHY. just having a random...
  17. Falidell

Code Download: Custom Trigger

OOPS wrong Section Moderator Please delete this thread/post thingy i ment to have it in the level design forum. i had already posted there after thisone. thankyou and sorry i have made a neat little trigger. a Random trigger with weights you may ask "But WHY???" well my silly little friend...
  18. Falidell

3D & Animation i'm bored anyone need some props made?

just as the title says anyone need some props made? i'm what you call "vacation" a paid vacation but i'm too much of a worker bee. i don't feel relaxed until i get something done, and my familiy and friends are getting annoyed at me because i want to go out and do something other then sitting...
  19. Falidell

3D & Animation psa/psk expoter for blender????

does anyone know of a good one or anything i should know about exporting psa/psk animations/meshs from blender. i have found one:MOD_Opti_PSK_Dump but it's no good. the animation looks fine in blender but after import into the sdk the bones get all messed up and scrambled, it'll offset the...
  20. Falidell

3D & Animation my first actual model:gun

i've been learning how to render properly and with my new found skills i too can make supa sexy shots :P i kinda like the blue tinted render setting better. also i might add a bit to the clip. and the cocking chamber needs to be bigger(wider) me thinks. hmmm i think i'll making the barrel longer...