• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. chewmyheadoff

3D & Animation Sell your 3d models, animations, textures

At the moment I am building an online store for 3d, texture and animation artists to sell their work. I'v been selling my models on Turbosquid for a while now, but as a European, I have to pay extra tax which means the profit is very low, under 30%. So I'v decided to create my own website...
  2. chewmyheadoff

NEW game review site

Hi I'v been making a game review site from scratch, and was wandering what people thought. It's kinda different to your typical Gamespot or IGN, because reviews are all written by the players such as yourself. You earn points for writing reviews, and bonus points for submitting the first review...
  3. chewmyheadoff

Beta Map KF-HarvestOfSorrow

From the makers of SawnOfTheDead, may I present to you Harvest of Sorrow. I havn't seen or played any real horror maps in Killing Floor, and after all isn't what this game is about? A "Co-op Survival Horror FPS" as stated by Steam. Well here's my offering to you anyway. The story: The drought...
  4. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Randomize an event?

Is there a trigger that will trigger a random event after a random amount of time?
  5. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Making skybox look more realistic?

This is the first time that I'm using a proper skybox with a skyzoneinfo thing, and it looks terrible compared to my original static mesh skybox. Here's the problem. I'v set it so that the skybox is unlit and its a fake backdrop. But why is that moon so bright and glowy? The original texture...
  6. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Letting light pass through zones

I have a room, which the sunlight outside casts a very nice shadow of the window inside. But I zoned the room off, and now the shadow is no longer cast. I'm getting the feeling that light does not pass through different zones. Is there a way to make light do this?
  7. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Rotating the pivot of a door?

I'v got a cellar door which has been rotated at about a 30 degree angle, which should swing open like a door (at an angle). But when the door opens, it doesn't swing open at the right angle. So is there a way of rotating the pivot?
  8. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Haunted farmhouse

I'm working on a haunted farmhouse, please give me any ideas for a name (of the farm house). It has to be subtle. Here's the story: In 1976, a disease hit a large percentage of the farms in England. On the outskirts of Yorkshire, one farmer found himself struggling to survive as the yields of...
  9. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Tripwire Interactive Offices

I'm thinking of recreating the TWI offices for a Killing Floor shootout. But all I can get on the office block is the blurry outside picture on Google Street View. If you tripwire staff out there think that this is a good idea, please send me some pictures. It would really help. Thanks in advance.
  10. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Making zombies spawn when you are in the room and opening up specific traders?

I think I'v seen this question before but I can't seem to find it. Is it possible to make like a linear level, where if you reach a specific room, zombies spawn only in that room. And the trader for that room opens after that wave. Also is there a kill trigger? say if you killed a certain...
  11. chewmyheadoff

Level Design KF-Plane

I have started working on a project where players are onboard a passenger plane, in the middle of a storm. The passengers and pilot have turned into zombies, and you will have to fight your way through them. I'll let you know more as I make it. Also I'm looking for an experienced mapper...
  12. chewmyheadoff

Sound Attach sound to mover?

Is it possible to attach a triggerable sound to a mover? Or just attach a normal ambient sound to a mover?
  13. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Enjoying mapping more than playing?

I think this happened to me, as soon as I started making maps. There may be a dangerous situation, where you actually enjoy making the map more than playing it. Everytime I start the game, I feel empty all over. It just doesn't feel like a game I can easily pick up and play anymore. I think...
  14. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Did you find all 3 secrets in KF-SawnOfTheDead?

I was just wondering how many players found all 3 secrets in my Sawn of the Dead map. Please do NOT discuss anything on where the secrets were or what they were! Here are some hints. 1. Cellar 2. Garage 3. Deep inside sewer
  15. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Zombiezonevolume bug?

When I create a zombiezonevolume (whateva they are called these days) to block out players only, they sometimes don't work and players walk straight through. This is mainly a problem when I duplicate volumes and place somewhere else. Has anyone had it?
  16. chewmyheadoff

Final Map KF-SawnOfTheDead

No, I didn't spell it wrong, the name has been changed to "Sawn Of The Dead" due to copyright issues. Anyway, the map is the same but better than beta. After a very hectic last minute upload to enter the contest, leaving my hands trembling, the final release is now here. Thanks to everyone who...
  17. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Disable flashlights?

Is there a way to disable the use of flashlights in a room? E.g. maybe set a bsp to not allow flash lights?
  18. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Scripted trigger will not trigger

I have a trigger that sets off a scripted trigger when you enter the trigger's proximity. But the scripted trigger will not trigger, I'v tested the normal player proximity trigger and it works, but it won't seem seem to trigger the scripted trigger. I'm guessing that the scripted trigger will...
  19. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Editing KF static meshes

How would I go about taking the siren model from the kfenginetest pacakge and put it in a sitting position. I tried exporting as stl into 3ds max but it loses all of it's texture. And I don't have time to go about re mapping the whole model. Is there another way of achieving this?
  20. chewmyheadoff

Level Design Make zombies spawn even in view?

How do you make zombies spawn even if you are looking right at it?