• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

Ion Thruster = Headshots/Crits?

Someone had the new Rhinos and the Ion Thruster so I could try them this weekend. Rhinos were cool, I feel like sometimes they compensate for bad aim with the ricochets still headshotting luckily, but that's ok maybe, whatever - they don't feel too powerful so that's probably fine, if not even...
  2. H

PC Annoying "grabbed whine" keeps playing forever unless game is restarted completely.

Annoying "grabbed whine" keeps playing forever unless game is restarted completely. Finally captured this annoying and infrequent issue on video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEE23diwDB8 Watch 2:09:00 and onwards. The exact effect happens at 2:09:57 . Reproducible: Not sure, but...
  3. H

Gamey Reloading (Cancellation + Speed Bonuses)

Reloading is weird in this game. It's quirky and gamey, and IMO it shouldn't be this way, especially since it's such an important aspect of core gameplay. It feels inconsistent/unfinished/buggy. 2 "topics": 1 - Reload "canceling." For those who aren't familiar, most (if not all?) guns' ammo...
  4. H

Headshot FX - Crates and Options

Hi, A couple of things: 1 - Are Headshot FX going to be "split" in the future, or be in crates or something (therefore on the market)? I like exactly 2 of the 10 headshot FX and I don't mind paying $2 or something like that to get the exact headshot effect I want, rather than $7.50 for one...
  5. H

PC M-16/M203 Grenade Not Reloading

This is an unfortunate side effect of the change that the M203 under-rifle grenade launcher "doesn't attempt to constantly reload itself all the time." Well, now there's the situation that if you cancel the reload if the M203 by firing, you cannot reload unless you attempt to fire!!! So...
  6. H

Helios rifle - questionable decisions

I really like the new map, although it has an obvious OP perfect holding spot on the "pill" wooden platform in the center of the map where no zeds drop nearby and there's a nice clean choke point with plenty of space and an easy escape. I also like the weapons and the changes, especially fixing...
  7. H

My Biggest KF2 Pet Peeves + Dreams

This might be a long post, but I'll post everything in one instead of splitting it in several different posts. I love KF2. I loved KF1 even more, but that's a different post :-) . This is just a list in no particular order of practical things which, if changed, I would feel is an improvement...
  8. H

"Balloon" Weekly - stupid boss design

The typical patriarch fight today: https://youtu.be/HsrG__20vu4?t=1h13m4s This is broken. The team was not all 25s and damage oriented, but it was a pretty damn good team. Once patty heals (your only hope is to kill him before he does, which is certainly possible, just extremely hard while...
  9. H

PC "God rays" bullet shadows.

I almost forgot about this... not sure if it's classified as a "bug" because it's not really, it's just horrible (IMO) design and really really tacky. Buy flame shotgun, point to sun on outpost and shoot a few shots. The burning pellet tracers leave... really hard god ray shadows. I mean...
  10. H

PC Perked Up

I have all perks at level 25, achievement isn't unlocking. Unless it's going to unlock when dragon, swat, and SS are in.
  11. H

PC No "drops" - offline/solo only?!

So I've been playing the entire week since gunslinger got released. Not sure if I'm in "bug" territory yet, but I've noticed people saying things about "drops" they've received, some even on the very first day. I also heard that some never received drops until they played a solo game and they...
  12. H

So... "timbosperktraining"

I log in today trying to find a good group to HOE with and... what do you know, a screenful of servers running "timbosperktraining" map full, and NOBODY playing official maps in the US or Europe it seems. It has begun? Maybe I should take a couple of weeks off while people: - Level up to 25 -...
  13. H

PC Can't type remapped "voice activate" key during game start chat

Simple bug. I have my voice chat key remapped to "k" because reasons. It's push to talk. I cannot type "k" during the pre-game or post-game chat in the "lobby type" screen. It's fine in-game (I can type k). To reproduce, I imagine all you have to do is remap your voice key to "k" and enter...
  14. H

Show score on hud option - does it do anything?

The new update/specimen kill messages mod being integrated into the game has turned my attention to the option "show score on hud." Does this option actually do anything? Enabling/disabling doesn't seem to do anything at all. Is it a leftover/placeholder from Unreal 2004 that does nothing?
  15. H

Cancelable reload animation on M-something (rapid fire) nade launcher.

There needs to be a way to cancel the rapid-fire, 6-shot drum nade launcher animation in the middle of reloading. It doesn't make sense that you have to insert ALL 6 shells for you to use it again. Currently, the only way I've found to "cancel" the reload is to switch to another gun/tool. It...
  16. H

Laser sight on the M14.

M14 owns. HOWEVER, it's really annoying that every time you pull it out, the laser sight is off, so you have to turn it on again - even after you quick-heal I think (not sure)... and for sure, after you heal a teammate. It just gets a bit old to heal someone, pull out the M14 and have to turn...
  17. H

Server [ACM] Auto Change Maps 1.03 Mutator - Help w/ set-up

K, so this ACM mutator (Auto Change Maps) is supposed to change the map to a random map from a list of predefined maps if the server becomes empty, if I'm understanding correctly, which is exactly what I want for my server. I understand what I have to do to install it - I'm just having trouble...
  18. H

Perk progress bar increasing past level 5?! o_0

Has anyone noticed that the progress bar for perks keeps increasing (from "0" or leftmost) after level 5, as if there's more levels?! o_0 I know there are no more levels past 5, but maybe if I get the progress bar filled again (it's almost full on medic and support on my account, after level...
  19. H

Squad -|TBG|- True Born Gaming - Mature (18+ Required) Gaming Community

Hi KF players, This is HeatSurge from True Born Gaming, tag -|TBG|-. We are an 18+ gaming community (this is REQUIRED, so if you're under 18, you're out of luck for membership). We mostly play Battlefield 2142 regularly at this point, but we do have COD:WAW, COD4, and ARMA II servers...