• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Code Trying to make a Bullpup mod, but compile gets a bunch of wee errors.

Are you spawning a BullpupSR in game / giving it to players via mutator? Otherwise, you're being given the standard Bullpup.
  2. T

Is there a way to make all the zombies spawn at once?

Ummm, your problem is that MaxZombiesOnce doesn't do what you think it does. That variable sets an "upper limit" on the number of zombies that can possibly be spawned at once. It has nothing to do with how many actually spawn. The number of zombies that will spawn at any given time is...
  3. T

Code Sound-Swap Mutator?

Resident Evil 4 Merchant SFX are, simply put, hard to do. You see, there is no "trader" in the code. The entity standing in the store isn't any different than a barrel or a car (just a static mesh, I think). The trader is nothing more than a combination of scripted comments based on the...
  4. T

Code Mutator - CheckReplacement Functionality

Tossing the weapon seems like an odd requirement. I would assume that the replacement would occur as soon as the game initiates, especially if you replace the pickup and the weapon itself (leaving no way for the weapon to make it into the game without being "checked"). Still, your way should...
  5. T

Sound Patriarch Battle Music

Did someone say fictional animated comedy death metal bands? First 50 seconds of this would work, too. YouTube - Detroit Metal City soundtrack - 7 Mad Monster Sheesh, it's hard to find a song / clip that'd get past the "no swearing, profanity, obscene images, etc." requirement here.
  6. T

Code Trying to make a Bullpup mod, but compile gets a bunch of wee errors.

I can't say for certain without seeing the code (or at least, each of the first line class declarations), but it looks like either a goofed up subclass (say, (your) BullpupBurstFire extends (your) BullpupBurstFire) or the compiler being grumpy and not "understanding" two classes with identical...
  7. T

Code Mutator - CheckReplacement Functionality

I know this was posted in another thread, but I'm hoping to call more attention to the issue and simultaneously avoid derailing the other thread further. Brief summary of the issue: I've tried, and failed, to replace the 9MM hand gun a player spawns with using a mutator and the CheckReplacement...
  8. T

Need coding help - Failed loading package: Can't find file 'Axis_Kar98_1st.ukx'

OH Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. I know what your problem is now! KFEd won't open because your ROWeapons.u file (which it expects to be present due to Editor.Engine) isn't available. Edit that EditPackage=ROWeapon line out momentarily to solve that problem. The animations have built in sound effects. The...
  9. T

Code Is subclassing required to change alt-fire behavior?

Things are getting stranger and stranger. I remembered seeing a "SAS Throwing Knives" mod in the General section, so I grabbed it to see how that person got things working. They did so through ModifyPlayer(), simply gifting the player the new weapon when they spawn. I tried adding this code to...
  10. T

function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other, out byte bSuperRelevant ) { if( WeaponPickup(Other) != None ) { if (string(Other.Class) ~= "KFMod.BullpupPickup") { ReplaceWith(Other, "TDMods.BOOMPickup"); return false; }...
  11. T

Need coding help - Failed loading package: Can't find file 'Axis_Kar98_1st.ukx'

Have you added EditPackages=ROWeapons under [Editor.EditorEngine] to your KillingFloor.ini? I'm guessing so if the rest of your code is compiling. I think I had a similar problem, but my only solution was weird: Open up the .ukx in KFed, then save it under a new name / reference the new name...
  12. T

Well, I'm confused. It's "easy" to get a modified fire mode in game crudely. You create a "new" gun, pickup, and fire mode. You then place the pickup on a map somewhere, and voila. This applies if you are extending a previously existing weapon only, but on the other hand the gun / pickup...
  13. T

Well, you might be able to write a mutator that "only" replaces SingleAltFire with a .uc of your choosing. I don't see why that wouldn't work... Since it seems like the weapon mutator in that tutorial just performs a find/replace on classes? Edit: Not as simple as I thought. You can't directly...
  14. T

Replacing SingleALTFire and recompiling would mean you will no longer be able to play online, since your "base" game would be different than any other server's version (besides your own, if you have one). I think your best bet is to subclass. Well, extend SingleAltFire, Single, SinglePickup...
  15. T

Code Fixed Perks mutator

It's a good idea, but I wonder if it'd be easier (or feasible) to use the preexisting GUI for perk selection? I haven't studied that portion of the code deeply, but it seems like you could just replace the "links" from the perk selection HUD with ones to your modified code. Ok, that's...
  16. T

Level Design Easy Level Up Map

The real question is why you'd bother making or playing a "Perk leveling" map when, if you're going to cheese it, you could just set all of your Perks to max via 3rd party software and save yourself the trouble? Either way, you're ruining the game for yourself. Trust me, even level 3 perks...
  17. T

Rank Mut

I think he's asking for what CS and a few other games have: Server based stat tracking with built-in leader board functionality. So, you join the server for the first time, and type /rank. You get back a message from the server "You are rank 232/235", meaning statistically only three people who...
  18. T

Here's what you wanted (Upped playerlimit)

I know nothing of the engine, but think of it this way: RO can hold 50 players on a decent server plus 2-4 spectators. These players are moving, hurling massive quantities of grenades, calling artillery strikes, driving around in tanks, firing 900/1200RPM projectile spam, and playing on what are...
  19. T

Code Unresolved Reference Shenanigans.

Nah, I didn't port or modify the RO gun code. I used the Bullpup as a base for a "quick and dirty" switch over. Now that you mention it, though... maybe every gun DOES fire from the center of the screen. I was a little confused because PlayerViewOffset in the _Weapon_.uc file allows you to...
  20. T

Here's what you wanted (Upped playerlimit)

I'm just waiting for servers to start upping the maximum number of zombies in a wave. 6 player / 32 zombies max is fun and all, but 10 player / 100 zombies max would be BRUTAL. Heck, 6 player / 48 or 64 would be more challenging (and certainly possible without taxing servers too much). It's...