• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Any interest in a 'KF friendly fire players' Steam group?

I was thinking that there are players who like friendly fire all over the place, but it's hard to find servers and there's no real friendly fire community. I was thinking about starting a Steam group so that it's easier for people to find other friendly fire players and servers. Since playing...
  2. T

Noise/grain filter while playing

I'd really like to see an option for having a noise/grain filter while you're playing and not just after you're dead. Notice I said "an option", so if you don't like it, you can turn it off. There already is one when you're observing while dead, but I'd like to see it (albeit maybe less...
  3. T

Server Easiest/best way to ban someone after they leave?

I know you can add them manually into the KillingFloor.ini file and I know how to grep the log for their names and IDs, but is there an easier way to ban someone after they leave the server? Perhaps through WebAdmin? I see where you can create new bans under AccessPolicies, but I'm not sure...
  4. T

Light machinegun

I see a problem with the current tactics that are most often used in this game--players always seek out large outdoor areas and rarely go inside buildings. Door welding is thus an underused ability. Large portions of KF-Manor, KF-WestLondon, KF-Offices, and KF-Farm rarely see any action...
  5. T

No auto-pickup option

The subject is pretty self-explanatory. I often accidentally pick up 9mm or magnum handguns, machetes, etc when I don't mean to. I then have to switch to it and drop it or hang on to it until the shop is open so I can sell it. Sometimes I accidentally run over armor when my own is at 90, but...
  6. T

Increased realism

First and foremost, if you're going to post something like "realism in a zombie game? lolz!" or "yeah, I see fleshpounds every day in real life! lolz!" or anything like that, don't bother posting. What I'm discussing is realism in regards mainly to firearm mechanics and making them more...
  7. T

Level Design Getting specimens to drop/jump down?

I don't understand why this is so damn hard. I've studied the official maps and as far as I can tell, done it just like them, yet it doesn't work in my map. I'm currently trying to get them to drop/jump through a window. I've got a blocking volume ramp so they can get into the window no...
  8. T

Server Server stopped showing up on browser?

I've been running a dedicated server on a linux machine for a while and it suddenly has stopped showing up on the in-game browser. It shows up under the "LAN" tab, but no in the internet tab. It was showing up there before. The proper ports are still forwarded. I haven't changed anything as...
  9. T

Realistic magazine/ammo mechanics

I'm disappointed that this game lacks the realistic magazine mechanics of Red Orchestra. You can keep reloading removeable-magazine weapons and you'll keep getting magically full mags. This leads to the unrealistic FPS cliche of reloading every 2-3 seconds, which in Red Orchestra, will result...
  10. T

Level Design Long pauses while testing a map?

Whenever I run my map from the editor, I get a long (10-20 second) pause where the game just stops responding when I click 'ready' to start the game and then at the beginning of each wave thereafter (when 00:01 seconds are on the clock). If I start the game in solo mode and load the map...
  11. T

Level Design England reference?

I don't live in England and I haven't been there in over ten years, but I'd like my maps to look properly English, since that is the setting of this game. I'm mainly concerned about urban areas, since the North American style of cities that I'm familiar with is rather different from...
  12. T

Level Design Prefabs?

Is there a way to save the whole trader setup (static meshes, volumes, etc) as a prefab and just import it or do I really need to open TraderExample or the official maps and select them all and copy/paste them each time I want to use them? Setting up the mechanics of the volume, the door and...