• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Frustrations of a Firebug

I think the problem is the players. To many people are concerned more with kills than with helping the team survive. I think the firebug is a great perk and it can be very helpful to the team, but it can be very hard to use in a public server with random people who just try to run around by...
  2. T

I have tried to play with no HUD

Please, please, please someone make a "realism" or "hardcore" mod.
  3. T

Your brightness/gamma/contrast?

Yeah, it'll vary on different monitors. I keep gamma on 1 and contrast on default and tweak darkness until it looks "right", based on the preview picture and the color bars. It should look dark, but not too dark. I don't turn it up bright because it looks bad and it's supposed to be dark.
  4. T

No crosshairs?

I agree. I was expecting the firearm mechanics of RO in KF, but there is no freeaim, there's no realistic magazine handling (ie: you can reload after shooting a few rounds and always have a full mag), etc. I'm disappointed, but it's still a very fun game.
  5. T

No crosshairs?

If you don't like it, go play another game.
  6. T

The katana and AK feedback and questions thread.

1) Bind "last weapon" to a key 2) Push that key 3) ??? 4) Profit
  7. T

Scrake exhaust?

Everyone who has read the patch notes, yeah.
  8. T

100 reasons why Killing Floor owns/I love Killing Floor

It's just the German term for first-person shooter. Maybe he didn't know what the term for it was in English. You're looking way too far into it.
  9. T

the AK47 recoil vs Thrash242's AK recoil thread

Yup. Assault rifles are not designed to be accurate with sustained fire. Firing in short bursts conserves ammo and makes you more accurate.
  10. T

the AK47 recoil vs Thrash242's AK recoil thread

Have you ever fired one? I have. I own one. They don't have much recoil. More than an M16, yeah--but less than a battle rifle or hunting rifle or shotgun by a significant margin. In reply to gusone, I never started a thread about AK recoil. You said something like AKs kicking like a mule...
  11. T

The katana and AK feedback and questions thread.

It's "intents and purposes". You notice how "intensive purposes" makes no sense? That's because it's a nonsense malapropism started by people that didn't hear the phrase correctly, which is then copied by people who don't know any better. Again, the correct phrase is "intents and purposes"...
  12. T

Foundry

Good--this game needs more hard maps. Most stock maps end up being mindless shooting galleries once a few map-specific "tricks" are learned. From my brief time playing it, I really like it thus far.
  13. T

Ak-47 appearance

This is true, but it shouldn't be called "AK47", since it's clearly not an actual AK47--it's an AK variation. There was a whole thread about this and now that it's out, we can see that it's obvious that it's not an AK47.
  14. T

[No title]

Ok, this was officially announced too early. I don't mind it taking so long if it needs to take this long to make sure it's a good release, but it's been almost a month since it was announced--that's not "soon".:( Hopefully next time they won't announce things until it's pretty much ready to...
  15. T

Tripwire publishing Killing Floor in North American retail

When I bought Red Orchestra in the store, it was still on Steam (same with Half Life 2). It was installable from the discs, but you had a Steam activation key. You get the best of both worlds that way. I would imagine that Killing Floor would be the same way.
  16. T

Internal Sacks

Well, it looks like their crotches were sutured up, which they probably didn't do themselves. However, almost anything is more plausible than whatever bizarre theory the OP is rambling about. He has an unhealthy obsession with male genitalia, IMO.
  17. T

Internal Sacks

...and the clots, becuase you can clearly see that they have no genitals. I mean, they have big nasty scars down there. The gorefasts clearly lack genitals also. They were probably removed so there would be no breeding in "the wild", and they could only be created in a lab.
  18. T

Add flashlight on every weapon possible.

I'm glad someone gets it.
  19. T

Laser weapon

Lasers! Pew pew!
  20. T

Perk Suggestions

I'm not opposed to the idea of further specialization within classes/perks, but I'm not sure about the examples given. There shouldn't be a class that can catch things on fire with any weapon, for instance, as it makes no sense. Also, I don't like the "defender" berzerker as it seems too much...