• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Rrralphster

Lecture by David M Glantz: Soviet German war, Myths and Realities

The Soviet-German War, 1941-1945: Myths and Realities - YouTube Enjoy!
  2. Rrralphster

Level Design Inspiration, detailed pictures of central Stalingrad

I wanted to find a couple of buildings in Central Stalingrad (just for fun). But I might as well post what I found, it might give someone inspiration for a map. 2 buildings I wanted to find: I found them just south of the NKVD HQ (which is just next to Pavlov's and the Mill) all these...
  3. Rrralphster

[Question] Fixed AI firing through smoke?

It is supposed to be fixed for tank AI. Now the rest of the AI should be fixed as well. I'm trying to finish the last mission in the Russian campaign, but I never managed to get past the 3rd objective because smoke doesn't work. There is not enough cover on the map to finish this without...
  4. Rrralphster

Amount of SMG's/Semi-auto's (reallism v gameplay)

I'm still confused about why people would like to see less SMG's/Semi-auto's.
  5. Rrralphster

Tactics Red Oktober: Saper targets

I marked this screenshot with targets for Sapers ( Russian Engineer) that make life for the German Army a lot harder on this map. I can't remember the names of the capzones (... yeah, the welding shed...) Maybe someone can help out naming them.
  6. Rrralphster

Stalingrad: and the Evolution of Soviet Urban Warfare

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/13518040902918089 Stalingrad and the Evolution of Soviet Urban Warfare David R. Stone Kansas State University, Examining Soviet urban warfare at Stalingrad, particularly in comparison to pre-war Soviet doctrine on combat in cities, suggests a number...
  7. Rrralphster

Scoring:Saper/pionier and AT-class

I was wondering how people feel about the scores/points they receive when blowing up obstacles (Saper/Pioniere) and taking out tanks. I've been playing "engineer" on a couple of maps and I'm getting to know some of the obstacles that, when blown up, can give a real advantage to the attacking...
  8. Rrralphster

[Error] Keyboard unresponsive while on the radio

My keyboard doesn't respond sometimes when on the radio, as a commander that is. Happened on Barracks in 2 consecutive rounds. Happened about 4 times. And aiming/marking artillery with binocs doesn't work because of debris but not directly in line with the middle of the binocs...
  9. Rrralphster

Requesting an official guide (by TWI)

Please write a guide that explains how the scoringsystem and commandsystem works, TWI. Less frustration for everyone, new and old.
  10. Rrralphster

[Tuning] Ruins south of Univermag

The ruins south of the back road near Univermag have a gap which you can look through (not a bug or glitch) but you can't shoot through the same gap. Going to post some actual screenshots later. Havn't played since yesterday.
  11. Rrralphster

ANZAC: Silly question of the day...

I'm looking forward to your mod as is. But is there a slight possibility we might see ANZAC's as an update some time? Can't imagine it would be before you guys finish your original plan first ofcourse.
  12. Rrralphster

Small error on Steam page

Just a small boo-boo. The graphic for the Bayo unlock feature. The Mosin says 9130. Bit of a mixup. 1930<--->9130
  13. Rrralphster

Slight mistake in the pictures of German roles

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. Please change the picture of the "Sch
  14. Rrralphster

Grind House a.k.a. Planet Terror & Death Proof

You gotta see this film made in 2 parts. One made by Quentin T. and the other by Robert R. Violence, sex, drugs, violence, explosions, did I mention violence? I'll change my name to Machete...
  15. Rrralphster

Automatic VOIP channel selection

Going through 4 pages of VOIP related threads I couldn't find the right one. So if someone could point out the correct thread or a way to fix my problem, please do. Here is my problem: Whenever a new round or new map starts I automatically get switched to the "Public" channel. I tried...
  16. Rrralphster

One giant blunder for mankind: how NASA lost moon pictures

Was it fake or are they just screwing around too much? Just click on of the font sizes for the article One giant blunder for mankind: how NASA lost moon pictures Email Print Normal font Large font
  17. Rrralphster

Improved tank loading needs improvement

I would like to see actual manual loading for tanks. Now you have to pre-select a round which will be loaded automatically after the next shot. Better would be to let the tankcommander have some time to decide on which round to load. Hope this makes sense.
  18. Rrralphster

Book: Vasily Ivanovich Chuikov "Stalingrad"

Does anyone know or have this book? I'm reading a Dutch translation with the Russian names translated into "readable" Dutch which is kinda crappy. And only the Russian units and a few of the most important German units have designations. I'm hoping to get some new insights of Russian doctrine...
  19. Rrralphster

Exodus or not, that's the question

Like the title says, will there be an exodus if people get an incentive (some people probably feel this sounds like forcing it) to use tanks as a team?
  20. Rrralphster

Question for the Devs about textures and loadtimes.

Could someone from the Development team shed some light about different texture detail settings and how much that influences loadtimes and the amount of memory in use at different levels? I ask this question just to give people more options (if possible) to shorten loadtimes even more...