• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. E

Tactics Commando Tips

Lately I've been using both the Bullpulp and AK on my Commando. My strategy? Use the bullpulp on all trash mobs, Sirens included. It's fast firing speed and accuracy (especially at higher commando levels) make mowing down ZEDs a breeze. You shouldn't use more than 2-3 shots on Crawlers and...
  2. E

Tactics Skunkees Definitive Berserker guide

From what I've learned, you're better off clicking repeatedly with the katana rather than sitting there holding it. For some reason, you get better hit registry to if don't hold it, or at least in my testing.
  3. E

Ak-47 appearance

Too true. Many, many versions of the AK47 have been made and replicated. It's very hard to get an original Kalashnikov AK-47, so you shouldn't expect all the AKs you see looking exactly like what you see on Wikipedia. As for the sound, I'm fine with it. It's different enough that I can pick it...
  4. E

Scrake exhaust?

Has anyone else noticed with the update that Scrakes now emit exhaust from their chainsaws? It makes them more visible at a distance and helps you pick them out of crowds. Did this come with the update? Or have I just not noticed before?
  5. E

the AK47 recoil vs Thrash242's AK recoil thread

I think the recoil is very balanced, making it so the bullpulp is still useful for other than some more spray. I currently use the bullpulp for most mobs still, but switch to the AK when I'm trying to kill Scrakes/FPs or when things get really cramped.
  6. E

Heavy Metal Content Pack for Killing Floor released and a 10% discount this week

Well, according to the trader, the damage per hit is equal. But in my experience, I think the katana is better than the chainsaw in all areas except the constant damage of the chainsaw's primary attack and how easy it is to decap FPs with it. From what I can tell, the katana has: Chainsaw...
  7. E

Tactics Skunkees Definitive Berserker guide

I bring katana news with the update! The katana sports the same damage as the chainsaw, similar attack speed to the knife, similar range to that of the fire axe, run speed slightly lower than the knife (barely noticeable!), and it only weighs 3 blocks!! The power attack animation is a little...
  8. E

Quick Knife.

Learn to reload safely. If you're playing with a good team and you're taking care of the ZEDs well, reloading shouldn't be a problem. Communication is key guys...
  9. E

[No title]

I'M SO HAPPY. The amount of joy streaming out of the pores in my body could not even be rivaled by Richard Simmons.
  10. E

Medic: Stamina for health!

Or, we could just give knife running speed to the medic gun.
  11. E

proper magazine disposal

This is Killing Floor, not Red Orchestra. We're not going for super realism here.
  12. E

Three Suggestions + KF_Bunker

Only problem I see with the map idea is the fact it's an objective map. Back when I played Zombie Panic: Source, I knew quite a few mappers who had objective ideas but they continually ran into coding trouble. As far as I know, the UT engine isn't as easy to work with, so therefore the...
  13. E

What music do you guys listen to when killing ZED's?

I only listen to the default music when I'm too lazy to get my Zune player up (thing takes a while lol). Otherwise I'm either listening to metal or dance/techno.
  14. E

Three Suggestions + KF_Bunker

I would hate to remove jumping. If anything, the devs should go into more detail (when they have time of course) to make more things on certain maps able to jump on. I think it's ridiculous that I can climb on top of the police car by the pub on West London, yet I can't get on that little block...
  15. E

Character Pack 2 - Suggestions

I would piss my pants in joy if we got a drunken santa character only available to use during the Christmas season. I can visualize him looking like Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa; Skinny, reeking of tequila and vodka, with the santa suit barely hanging on his skinny body. Back story would...
  16. E

Tactics Patriarch Weakspot

QTF. I wasn't able to get it on video, but I was in a game wit 4 sharpshooters and a medic and commando; everyone using crossbows. The time it took to take him down was ridiculously fast.
  17. E

Bayonets

Err, knives do fairly good damage for being the weakest melee weapon in the game. Even when I'm not a berserker, I can easily take out a group of clots, stalkers, even gorefasts on Hard. A bayonet with the damage and speed you described (slow, between machete and axe, no decap) would be...
  18. E

Laser weapon

Replace the word laser in this thread with LAW. We have now solved our problem.
  19. E

Tactics Fiiyyyaahhh

Or burnin' on the dance floor. I actually had that playing in the steam web browser while I used the flamethrower. I had to lol when Sean Kingston sang "Shawty burnin on the dance floor" when a stalker convulsed and died from the flame, followed by a "kiss me while you're still warm". Epic...
  20. E

Bayonets

No multiclassing! /corny joke Would kind of defeat the purpose of a zerker if you could keep everything at a safe shooting distance WHILE shooting them. Whether or not that's how people would actually play isn't the point. Plus, don't you think it'd look slightly awkward with a bayonet on a...