• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. R

got that ro feelin

Just tried these 2 maps out last night and was pretty much blown away. I've strayed from RO2 over the past few weeks, but these big maps are fantastic and leave me baffled as to why similar ones weren't in the official release. Ogledow especially highlights the distances that the game is...
  2. R

Zoom explanation

There's a lot of info on the forums about this, and people in a rage for and against it. It's basically so you can see a more true to life view of your target. But even me saying that may set some people off into a psychotic fury.
  3. R

New patch issue

I had a feeling that the promotion system would have to be re-thinked when they did the class balancing. It was never a problem before, but because although everyone complains about the autos, everyone also uses the autos! Hence there's now an in-built contradiction to the game.
  4. R

Games of today

Some of my favourite games ever have been on FH2. It gets rid of most, if not all of the things that are a pain about BF2, eg diving, weapon hit randomness etc. Alongside Project Reality, it's one of the best mods out there. The maps are stunning, big and very realistic in layout. For me...
  5. R

Brilliant WWII photo archive

Those American colour pictures are stunning. It's always a very weird feeling to see pictures and footage from WW2 in colour. Makes it all seem so real.
  6. R

Theory: Take away realism to create realism.

Obligatory angry comment followed by some waffle and then a slightly good point, then an offensive sign-off.
  7. R

I don't like the current generation - Old Man rant

Totally with you, but alas the money isn't in the niche, as I'm sure you know, and I am gutted aswell. Not sure how old you are, but I remember having the Quake 1 and Duke3d sharewares, and having endless hours of awe-stuck gameplay. I think the current climate of games has made a lot of...
  8. R

Bf3 or ro2?

I don't know what planet or time you are posting from, but please let us live you uncompromising demon, we haven't done anything wrong!! Edit: in answer to your question, which I'm guessing is at the very least a semi-troll question, you'll really have to either a) make up your own mind...
  9. R

Update from 11th Oct?

You can view downloads in steam and try pausing it, then run the game and see if it works. No idea why it's downloading it all again for you though, there's not another patch at the moment.
  10. R

Stifle vocal sounds

Do you know if that turns it off totally, or just locally?
  11. R

[Error] Singleplayer allies gumrak problem

You can use the "suicide" command in console if you spawn as an infantry, but to be honest the map is still unwinnable when all this starts happening. I have to restart the game to beat the map.
  12. R

Stifle vocal sounds

If there was a toggle for stifling all the shouting my soldier does, that would be fantastic. Maybe a key to stop my idiot infantry guy opening his mouth for 20 seconds? When I've worked on flanking on an enemy and I finally get near to them, it's almost guaranteed that just before I'm about to...
  13. R

[Error] Singleplayer allies gumrak problem

After a long round on Gumrak in the Allies campaign, most of my allies tanks stop moving, and then I spawned twice as an unarmed infantry. Also this started happening a fair bit (vid below). The game crashed after about 10 minutes of these odd things happening. Red Orchestra 2 - Gumrak Ballet...
  14. R

Anyone else having good fps but lots of micro stutter?

My fps is fine on the beta and on retail, but the latest patch brought the "hitching" or micro stutter, whichever you call it.
  15. R

What Other Realism Games Are Out There?

Project Reality, the mod for Battlefield 2, is pretty much unrivalled as a realism public teamplay FPS. Theres no other game I know of that feels like it's built from the ground up to use team play. 95% of people on there use voip, you just join the server, join a squad and say hello, and your...
  16. R

October 6th Update Changelog

Yes, steam reports it as 3.3 Gb.
  17. R

The story of the ugly barrel

I wonder, I just wonder, if you shrink that barrel to zero, does it become invisible in game, but still explode when triggered? Just remembered how much I miss Build for DN3D.
  18. R

Grain Elevator

The railway running next to the grain elevator is a clue. The grain gets lifted and then deposited in the trailers. It's pretty much that simple.
  19. R

Why am I forced to mute several people every time i join a server

Your question is so philosophical that it's way out of my league. Theres no context sensitive setting to "mute all morons", so either you can disable voip, or just not play at all.
  20. R

Beta test request: STATS and SOUND

45/100 45/100 On the honour level counter at the end of a map, it constantly says 45/100, no matter what I actually have. This is the same on the beta and on retail.