• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. [TW]Swag

Level Design DieSector - Modify PathCost

In DieSector, we used a property modifier to get the Zed to go different routes when the obstructions are active. However, if the community level designers try this same method, the map will end up getting unranked. We at TWI used the powa of code to make it okay for us. ;) If you want to modify...
  2. [TW]Swag

PC ToggleEX does not work on Child KFSpawners - Descent Spawns Broken

I am working down the rabbit hole on this one and have found an error that potentially could substantiate your assertion that something is busted. We bypassed using portal entry in the Krampus Lair map mainly because it wasn't entirely needed; however, we were experiencing inconsistency in the...
  3. [TW]Swag

PC ToggleEX does not work on Child KFSpawners - Descent Spawns Broken

The ToggleEX kismet does work, sort of, for the Portal entry and their child spawners; however, it's a little weird to set up. The critical part is to disable all the portal entry option by using a normal Toggle sequence action node in Kismet to *DISABLE* (Toggle Off) all portal entry parents at...
  4. [TW]Swag

PC Falling through the landscape since last update

Fantastic explanations of the problem. Can I please get an uncooked version link sent to me via DM so that we can look at the problem directly?
  5. [TW]Swag

PC Falling through the landscape since last update

Thank you for the heads up. We are looking into it. If an author of a map that is having the issue is willing to provide me an uncooked version of the map to look at, I'd greatly appreciate it. Speeds up reproduction.
  6. [TW]Swag

Level Design Holdout Template

The new map that we released earlier this year, The Descent, is a different style of map for Killing Floor 2. A grouping of arena styled fight spaces randomly selected as the player(s) progress through the waves. If you are interested in mapping one of your own, we have put together a wiki page...
  7. [TW]Swag

Level Design Landscape MIC resets to default material since release

During the Brewing process, the engine is supposed to bundle the information that would normally be parsed through the LocalShaderCache file into the map file itself. There was a minor hiccup from the previous update, during the public beta opt in, that didn't play nice with the community maps...
  8. [TW]Swag

Level Design Having an issue publishing map terrain with custom textures.

What you are seeing is too many texture samples in the Landscape material. I want to say that you can only have up to 12 texture samples. Typically we expected the community level designers/artists to derive a MIC from the master landscape material we shipped with the product and replace the...
  9. [TW]Swag

Level Design KFVersusNoTakeoverVolume

We recently added a new tool to the engine for Killing Floor 2 to assist level designers implementing versus survival maps. We already have the ability to flag KFSpawnVolumes, using the No Player bit in the properties, so that Human ZED will not spawn in the volumes; however, there is a take...
  10. [TW]Swag

Level Design [Att. TWI] Tactical Response update - Missing foliage meshes

Yeah, we pulled the package because it wasn't meant to be included in the game at all. They were pulled over as a proof of concept collection and forgotten about. We just recently realized that they were in the game and it's best that they not be used at all. They are lacking spattermaps, LODs...
  11. [TW]Swag

Level Design Acceptable map file sizes?

The engine has a limit of about 500MB in which case you will get an error message warning. That limit is mostly useful in console scenarios. A lot of the map size is the encoded light and shadow maps. I personally would suggest trying to keep the map file size beneath 300MB. It's not a hard...
  12. [TW]Swag

Level Design Question - Is it worth fixing and updating a map realesed in phase 1?

The idea is that you'd get feedback from the community members during phase 1 of a map's development then submit it for phase 1. Then after the phase 1, continue to iterate until phase 2. As it pertains to phase 2 and submissions. A winner in phase 1 is not automatically a winner for phase 2...
  13. [TW]Swag

2015/16 Grindhouse Mapping Contest - Phase 1

Here is a handy link for voting part http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor-2/news/grindhouse-killing-floor-2-mapping-competition-wave-2
  14. [TW]Swag

Level Design After recent update Building Lights causes Bugsplat

Just so you know, we have a fix for this problem (the crashing during a lighting build) and have trying to bundle it up in an update. Documentation on FLeX will be made available soon.
  15. [TW]Swag

Level Design After recent update Building Lights causes Bugsplat

Thanks for the report. We will be looking into it.
  16. [TW]Swag

2015/16 Grindhouse Mapping Contest - Phase 1

Hey everyone! We have a mapping contest that we are sponsoring in partnership with ModDB. A lot of people have entered the competition and we need your help. What I am looking to have happen is that members of our community to play the map, and vote on the map using the link below. If you are...
  17. [TW]Swag

Level Design Question Regarding Map Contest

Hey everyone, I wanted to put this up here as a matter of clarification on how we will be judging the maps and what part the ModDB voting system plays in our decisions. Firstly, we will use the ModDB map voting system as a type of barometer. If a lot of people vote favorably for map X then we...
  18. [TW]Swag

Level Design [Request] Wiki Documentation

OP: Can you elaborate on your wiki requests? For example, there isn't really a particular "way" that we uniquely build paths for KF2 than any other UE3 title that uses PathNodes.
  19. [TW]Swag

Level Design [Request] Wiki Documentation

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Killing_Floor_2