• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Maj.Faux-Pas

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

Took a look at the Kismet, and it looks as if the Stripping Hall and Distribution Area are simultaneously activated, which is fine, except that it cascades at the same time. So when one is capped, the other is protected or vise versa, or even worse, both sapwn protection volumes become enabled...
  2. Maj.Faux-Pas

Could be a cap zone that is locked? I noticed this on a stock map... I was killed in 'spawn protection zone' while inside a cap zone that changed to a locked state.
  3. Maj.Faux-Pas

Level Design Tsaritsa Gully

I actually had this idea too. It's a good one, I suppose. :)
  4. Maj.Faux-Pas

Just played beta 6 of ColdSteel and liked it quite a bit. it's very open which will be great for full servers. It also reminds me of the factory in northern Stalingrad, Krazniy Oktyabr? With large destroyed industrial buildings... very authentic. Suggestions: 1) Greening - there seems to be...
  5. Maj.Faux-Pas

Tactics All right, I've had it. Just tell me how to use an AT rifle already!

I've had very good results aiming for the view slits on the turret and the front of the turret itself. Sometimes a crewmember dies, sometimes the ammo detonates and instagibs the tank. Usually it takes 5-10 shots to kill the tank, which is very deadly, and perhaps unrealistic, but it works. Aim...
  6. Maj.Faux-Pas

How is latency in servers closest to you?

DuckSoup in Seattle (170 miles away from Portland) pings 23ms in Steam server list, and 50ms in-game. That's pretty damn good considering I used to ping UT servers across the street at 40 ms with DSL. I have a wireless router and use the commandlet: ping 192.168.1.1 -n 50 -l 65500 to make sure...
  7. Maj.Faux-Pas

Server Setting up mutators

The .u file goes where ROGame.exe is, if it still works like it did 6 years ago....
  8. Maj.Faux-Pas

I do not think there is poor hit detection.

Arm shot, not fatal. The rest were fired when the rifle was pointed somewhere else. If you freak out and take pop shots, you will mostly miss. You have to take a second to aim, even at two guys in a trench at 2 meters. They're still moving and so is your barrel. Most of the time, if you fire...
  9. Maj.Faux-Pas

Ammo in full clips not correct

I've had this too, especially with SVT-40 on Apartments. Really sucks to go through two shots on your second virgin mag and then have to reload. Once, I reloaded my MG after emptying the first mag after respawn. What should have been another two full mags were completely empty. The third mag...
  10. Maj.Faux-Pas

[Error] Freezing :(

X means ON, blank means OFF.
  11. Maj.Faux-Pas

Oh no, here we go. What is a mutator? A Mutator is a way to customize the game. It's like a mod, but smaller. It is not a complete conversion or stand alone game, just a small change, usually. Examples:- Pistols only mode - Greatcoats for everybody (This would be a large project) - AT guns...
  12. Maj.Faux-Pas

Which package does the engine say it can't find? Your mutator? If so, double check that your server's ROEngine.ini lists your mutator package and any additional packages you made for your mutator under the [Engine.StartupPackages] category: ROEngine.ini: [Engine.StartupPackages]...
  13. Maj.Faux-Pas

Without steam?

Steam is awesome. It's not a monopoly. Sometimes there are small problems, but 99% of the time you will have no trouble playing all your Steam games, online or off.
  14. Maj.Faux-Pas

Steam installation from disk

Probably since most of the content is not on the disk. It's all updates and map changes, which are a good deal of the total size of the game files. I recall that this game went gold right when beta was released, which means you have the beta version on disk, and you need to update most of your...
  15. Maj.Faux-Pas

Squad Leader Spawning

I think it's unused, not because of bad SLs, but because: - SL Spawn puts you in front of the SL, instead of behind. It's an easily fixed problem. - SL Spawn is usually deadly, there is no protected area to spawn in. Sneaky enemies will pick off everyone who spawns on a good SL who is parked...
  16. Maj.Faux-Pas

P38 is really, I mean REALLY weak (with small bayonet reminder)

You're mistaken. I'm not having problems killing people on servers under 100 ping. I shoot them in the face, they die. Unless there is a lag issue (ping > 100). But yes, maybe need two bullets with P38. I'm agreeing with the OP, that it is difficult if not impossible to use pistols to stop...
  17. Maj.Faux-Pas

Laying on a grenade

Danny you're a young man don't do it!
  18. Maj.Faux-Pas

Class slot scaling

Rifles at a disadvantage? Yes and no. Depends on the map, whether attacking or defending, and the player. Usually I can't do what I want to do unless I choose a rifle, which is to move and fire at medium range. Kill everyone I see way in the distance as soon as they poke their head out, and...
  19. Maj.Faux-Pas

Suggestion: how to insure more riflemen

Too many support roles and not enough rifles... TW needs to keep the mainstream happy I suppose. You've got a good idea, but we have to be able to choose which class when we join, and always during the game in case someone [TL] leaves. Also keep in mind that squads were eleven men. You've got...