• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Arcane

Arcane's review of Killing Floor

Yeah, I mean I loved the game before even with less content, so I'm sure I'd love it now. I am very tempted to reinstall! I just hope this doesn't ruin my degree :D
  2. Arcane

Arcane's review of Killing Floor

Hey guys, Thanks for the resurrection! Unfortunately I neither have enough time, or the information to update the review. It's a shame really, I probably stopped playing about 6 months after release as I had other commitments. After reading your comments, I am inclicned to install it again...
  3. Arcane

Septumus.com Authoring Contest

Hey, so is the contest still happening? Decided on a winner?
  4. Arcane

Client-Side Hit Detection

5. Arcane

Client-Side Hit Detection

As a veteran player to Gears of War, which also utilises the UT Engine, hearing the phrase "Server-Side Hit Detection" has always sparked horrors in my mind. Anyone who has played pre-patched Gears of War will know what i'm talking about. Now, whenever I join a server with a high ping, I...
  6. Arcane

Killing Floor makes my head hurt

Just watched the Deathmatch server video on your Xfire profile. Looks nice. Always have bad luck connecting to your server, but I wish I could. I am no modder at all and it looks difficult, but anyway of adding typical deathmatch HUD information, such as a points system, assisted kills, ___...
  7. Arcane

Tactics [How-To] Giblets

OK well obviously by definition it can be considered cheating, but seeing as the gate glitch on West London was removed from the game as a glitch which was patched within a few days, yet these servers are still allowed in the game with perks enabled, I doubt Tripwire are too concerned about it...
  8. Arcane

Tactics [How-To] Giblets

Sarcasm is a wonderful thing, don't waste it. And I hardly think it's fair to call a levelling server a cheat. They've existed on games like Team Fortress 2 for a good year or more and that's with Valve's dev team and the VAC aware of them. Like I said before, It's a cheap way to level, and I'm...
  9. Arcane

Tactics [How-To] Giblets

Props for like... making the game, but if he wants to level that way then fine. Nobody should be afraid to use the forum for tips in case they are ridiculed or told it's wrong. I don't like KF-Levelling either, but he paid his
  10. Arcane

run faster or sprint

Sorry to be so negative, but are you kidding me? 1) If you're going to formulate a suggestion, at least use proper english 2) If you're going to formulate a suggestion, at least broswe the forums first 3) Knife-running is a common thing in a number of FPS games. Have you seriously never seen...
  11. Arcane

Does the number of players multiply specimen's health?

In a 70-man game, the battle with the Patriarch lasted a good 40 minutes before everyone was killed, and he only knelt down and cloak-healed once! So to answer your question, I'm pretty sure specimen's health does go up, and like Alex said, especially evdient in the Patriarch.
  12. Arcane

News on Deathmatch servers

Hey guys, Just came to see if there's any news of deathmatch servers up and running. I've tried Red-Frog's I think, the map called DXInstallation-something and so far that has downloaded but never lets me join. I normally either get a black screen or a Critical Error after joining. I haven't...
  13. Arcane

How to adjust fov dramatically

Very nice, I had no idea this was possible. I would still find that hard to play with, but oh well.
  14. Arcane

General Protection Fault!

Right click Killing Floor in Steam > Properties > Set Launch Options > and type "-d3d" exactly as it appears there, save changes, and fire it up. Should work swimmingly. EDIT: Just read your response after. But at least you know that's the easier way to do it next time :)
  15. Arcane

Strange Low FPS while it shouldn't

Sounds like a graphics card issue. Check the manufacturer's site (nVidia? ATI?) and download the latest driver update. Sounds silly, but do make sure you don't have anything too power-hungry running in the background. Always check Task Manager before hand, as sometimes even browsers like...
  16. Arcane

!rtd for Killing Floor (by KFMods.com)

Just add it to MOTD?
  17. Arcane

How to adjust fov dramatically

On most games you can adjust the resolution format to equip it to widescreen at 16:9 or 16:10 modes, however that is as far as you'll get in terms of field of view. Any resolution higher than your 1680x1050 monitor will purely stretch the image instead of increasing it. When a native resolution...
  18. Arcane

General Protection Fault!

Great effort, it seems you're doing a lot of work to fix these bugs. My advice though is make everyone aware of what you're working at, because a lot of people on the general forums aren't seeing many posts and conclude that you're not doing anything to fix the issues. Maybe an announcemement...
  19. Arcane

Weapons suggestions

The annoying thing is you STILL had to add the last part just to stop possible flamers attacking you. Nice post though :P
  20. Arcane

Killing Floor: Middle Age/Fantasy

So sort of like an Age of Chivalry mod for Killing Floor? If so, I loved that game. It was awesome.