• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. P

Problems with Server Browser

Actually is IS a game killer. I can't sort through a list of 100 servers ALL OF WHICH ARE INVALID every time I want to play. And it isn't a server issue, because the browser worked fine last time I tried to play. Or rather if it is, its something TWI changed and broke on the server side of the...
  2. P

Return RO:CA

1. Is this why everyone screamed and went NOT THAT !@%!@ MAP AGAIN! when Berlin came up? ;) Warsaw and Koitos have been ported, but they don't get much play. Jucha was nice, though. 2. didn't this die before 3.0? 3. SMGs were more powerful in the mod...less recoil. And, uh. Saying you like...
  3. P

Grenades always go off

The white kill messages don't affect gameplay at all. :P Especially if you're playing on a no-death-message server. I will admit that RO NEEDS a good way to see server settings. I'd frequent those servers if I could, oh, find them. As it is I'm stuck looking at the names and adding them to my...
  4. P

The Steam Community

You mean people..stop playing..RO? :D
  5. P

The Steam Community

Steam settings -> in game -> uncheck "enable Steam Community in-game"
  6. P

PPSh-41 Recoil

Dunno what game you're playing, but I can rip off an non-rested drum with the DP-28 and not aim at the sky, to say nothing of the PPsh. Recoil DOES get worse with low FPS though, so that might be part of it.
  7. P

PPSh-41 Recoil

That video keeps popping up, and I STILL want to know what his groupings were. Watch the muzzle. Its moving a hell of a lot more than you probably think it is, and he is controlling the weapon.
  8. P

Perfect RO moments..or not.

In the spirit of the "Best RO moment so far" thread- here's the resting place for the moments that went...*almost* right. StalingradKessel. I'm on the Soviet side, using a light machine gun. We've pushed the Axis back to the South Rail Yard, the final objective. They're being stubborn about...
  9. P

Iron Sights Zoom (Merged)

Dslyecxi, all you've really shown there is that computer monitors don't simulate the human eye very well. I don't think that's a surprise to most people. I think I've said it elsewhere in this thread-that-never-dies, but you can make an argument either way. The human eye does NOT zoom. It...
  10. P

Fine, then you need to stop posting like you aren't calm. :P Zooming via *script* should not be allowed, end of story. It makes it impossible to disable server side. Mutators I'm fairly sure could work around that. And changing the FOV (which is what got locked) isn't the only- or most...
  11. P

I timed the sprint speeds in RO one time (I was bored, what can I say?). At full speed, a soldier in both the mod and Ostfront runs at about Olympic-sprinter speed. So fast, but not inhumanly so. Jogging and walking are proportional to that. Hoak...you really do need to calm down a bit. And...
  12. P

Team Fortress 2 - Waiting/Trailer thread

I'm pretty sure they ARE doing that.
  13. P

The "so sad it's funny" thread

Bonus points if they do it one after the other.
  14. P

Tactics Lets share our favorite MG places!

Because a sniper isn't semi-auto with a 75 round clip.
  15. P

Excessive Tk'ing last night

You THINK it was a clan member. Unless you checked the Steam ID you can't know for sure; there is an idiot or three who like to impersonate people and go on a TKing spree.
  16. P

PPSh-41 Recoil

IF you can get off a single shot with the PPsh, I'd agree with you. I can never seem to let loose with less than two or three though. :P
  17. P

If the option was there

Have you seen videos of tracers in action at all? They are very commonly described as looking like a laser going down-range. I mean the MGs fire at an average of what, 1000 RPM? That's 16 rounds per second, and if you have a tracer every 5 rounds that's three tracers PER SECOND.
  18. P

Big servers are a BIG mistake

Take a SMG on a big map sometime and you'll re-think "easy".
  19. P

Tactics Lets share our favorite MG places!

On..crap, I think Smolsk Stalemate, the first objective as Axis: If you run up the right side, you can find a spot that's half-obscured by bushes but gives you a clear line of fire on the Allied team's reforcement route. You won't cap from there or see anyone in the cap zone, but anyone...
  20. P

Guest passes - BIGGEST MISTAKE!

Actually yes you WILL break the sound barrier..relative to the air outside. No one will notice, however, because you aren't moving supersonic relative to the air inside the plane. The solution for gamey aspects is not more gamey aspects. :P If throwing jumps are a problem just make them less...