• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. [TW]Leland Scali

Level Design White/blue textures inside the SDK since 1011

The actors are only loaded when flex is turned on. This is so flex can use proxy mesh collision for performance optimization. If you don't want to see them in the sdk just turn off the flex_collision layer in the layer tab.
  2. [TW]Leland Scali

Level Design How to load

Set up a custom material instance Set up a custom material instance you'll need to set up a custom material instance then apply your texture to it. http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Setting_Up_Custom_Material_Instances_%28Killing_Floor_2%29
  3. [TW]Leland Scali

Level Design Custom textures with 512 resolution

LOD Bias LOD Bias So if you view your textures properties by right clicking in the content browser you will see a field that says LOD Bias. If you leave this at 0 it means on ultra your texture is at max resolution. Every time you up this number it lowers the quality which is what the graphics...
  4. [TW]Leland Scali

Level Design Issues with dynamic shadows turning on and off by themselves

We added a system at build time that determines if a mesh is the shadow of another object. If the mesh is within the shadow of another object it will auto turn off cast dynamic shadow. If a mesh is in direct light from a dynamic shadow casting light, it will turn this flag on. This system runs...
  5. [TW]Leland Scali

Level Design Guide to use properly lights

Indoor areas need to be surrounded by an indoor lighting volume. On light build your indoor meshes will have their lighting channel checked to be indoor only. Your exterior light will then be checked to outdoor only. I made some basic maps to illustrate this in...
  6. [TW]Leland Scali

Level Design Combining Static Meshes: Issues & Questions

UV channels - mesh merging - splattermaps - collision UV channels - mesh merging - splattermaps - collision Hi guys, I just finished up this tutorial on mesh merging, splattermaps and collision. I will keep updating the wiki as time allows. I hope this helps :)...
  7. [TW]Leland Scali

Beta Map Outpost abandoned BETA

FX sublevel FX sublevel This map is looking pretty sweet :) It looks like your still loading the original version of the fx sub level though. Try going into the levels tab in the content browser and set FX_Outpost to your current level, then under "Level" in the top menu bar select "remove...
  8. [TW]Leland Scali

Is it me or are the Texture sizes way too big?

textures textures so the large texture thing is a mixed bag. most of the textures are lod biased in game which cuts the textures in half depending on what settings you are using. the first person weapons are all high-res textures the third person version is most likely not. we made most of the...
  9. [TW]Leland Scali

Get the details level back

Hi Hi I see that my post from last night has been seen here and there is still some comments that need addressed. On the cpu bound issue - Yes some computers will not be cpu bound in fact it's looking like amd cpu's have more issues with the draw calls than intel machines. What's happening is...
  10. [TW]Leland Scali

[Question] Have pavlovshouse been optimized lately?

bricks bricks So i figured i'd weigh in on this.. I placed a ton of those bricks and i'm very close to them. When in beta we realized Pavlov's needed some love, so i went crazy optimizing it. Over all you shouldn't even be able to tell the difference from 3 days before release to release...