• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. KiCk3R

Level Design Relearning... bah!

Thanks guys, I've read up alot on the Wiki. How I wish it was easier like the old editor!!! The only thing that's holding me back is using static meshes instead of brushes. I'm no mesh maker. Everything I did "back in the day" was with stock statics and a few donated statics from other modders...
  2. KiCk3R

Level Design Relearning... bah!

Wazzzup guys! - I'm feeling buzzed after doing a few hours in KF2! What a kick *** game! There are a lot of new faces on here and by the looks of it a lot of sweet maps in the making! I've spent a few hours in the new editor. Wow... how things have changed! I'm going to need a little while to...
  3. KiCk3R

Level Design Backward Compability

I did a quick search into this a few days ago. Apparently you can copy and paste brushes from old UED to the new one without any major issues. However, everything else has to be recreated.
  4. KiCk3R

Level Design New light for my maps.

Yes... Yes I think so too.
  5. KiCk3R

Level Design Help! The Halloween update screwed up my map!

Haha. Burnt. Nice one Marco! - Please fix this ASAP! My maps are going absolutely mental with all the triggerlights (I put sounds on them - Naughty naughty!)
  6. KiCk3R

Level Design Help! The Halloween update screwed up my map!

Who made the decision to turn OpenGL on anyway's? We have been playing the game fine for years on DirectX and Software rendering . Unless it's a change for the Mac players? - Is it a change for the Mac players?
  7. KiCk3R

Level Design Spare us a hand?

Hi All, My days are getting shorter on the PC platform. Soon (within the next few months), I won't be on here as much as I'd like or want to be! I've had fun over the past few years with KF. And I'm extremely happy that KF has made it to where it is. With that in mind, I need someone to take...
  8. KiCk3R

Level Design KF-MetalGear

Alright all! I forgot to update the main post for the link to this map. You can find the map here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98576632 I have started to pick up the mapping process on this again! - Just started the Hangar area + the prison cells + weapons cache. Next...
  9. KiCk3R

Need Help With Main Menu Modding

The last time I saw KFMenu.rom, was a couple of years ago. I recall it having a scripted texture that changed every few seconds. It also used a camera pointing towards the "walls" that changed pictures. Surely it's as simple as changing the aspect size of the textures, or pulling the camera...
  10. KiCk3R

Need Help With Main Menu Modding

The others are right. Editing the texture core files was not the correct way. However, editing KFMenu should have no local problems in theory. Only issue would be someone verifying their game cache. Which would cause the original to take affect.
  11. KiCk3R

KF Objective Mode Video Tutorial Series

Only just found this now :-/
  12. KiCk3R

Ping Issues

On your laptop, are you connected wirelessly? - If so, are you close to your WiFi access point? If you are connected wirelessly, try connecting via a LAN port instead to see if that makes a difference.
  13. KiCk3R

General protection fault

Hi, It's obvious there is a problem with the map KF-ArenaWarsV3 It may be using some dodgy actors or something. Do you get the general protection fault on other levels?
  14. KiCk3R

Level Design [Map]KF-Leveling-Perky

I weep for the community when I see these sort of maps.
  15. KiCk3R

Level Design KF Editor Exits when I click build

Do you get any error messages come up?
  16. KiCk3R

Beta Map KFS-ImprisonedB2 story map

Smiff Tip for you: in single player, Create a regular KF map, that changes to the single player version when all players press ready. I did the same thing for a few maps I did in KFS mode. Cheers KiCk3R
  17. KiCk3R

Level Design Problem with Pan/Rot/Scale

Can't remember which thread I saw this in, but, If you change that file to Read Only, it will prevent it happening again in future.
  18. KiCk3R

Level Design WIP - Casa Bonita

My new WIP map: KF-CasaBonita - Still in design mode at the moment. I am stuck in between making a realistic version, or the South park version! (see below) Or Unfortunately, I've never been to Casa Bonita, as I live in the UK. South park has inspired me to create it. Has anyone ever...
  19. KiCk3R

Beta Map KF-PrideHill

* Fixed Pathing Issues Cheers, KiCk3R
  20. KiCk3R

Level Design The Hive

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123976031 and TWI Forum: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=44007