• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. zYnthetic

Mark Hayler

https://twitter.com/RammJaeger/status/805401408262574080?s=09
  2. zYnthetic

Quick question regarding server takeover gimick

Admin can admin remotely. I haven't looked at script but I imagine like map, player count, etc, takeover eligibility is self reported by servers and once a match has started this value is set to false. Even if it landed on a populated server, the function of applying a password can only be done...
  3. zYnthetic

Rundown from last nights community night?

It's not lack of paths but the pathing system butting heads with the level design where the ai isn't designed to cope with nav on a different plane. There's a few dev vids floating around for AssCreed and Dying Light where they share thier own experiences that showcase how difficult it is.
  4. zYnthetic

PS4 equivalent settings?

I don't think it's a visual thing. Granted a high end PC will be the most impressive, afaik pspro performance is on par with decent modern PC and standard PS4 may be a lower res or fps but still in the same visual ballpark. It's my understanding that the only significant differences are gameplay...
  5. zYnthetic

Mods not working?

Afaik UE servers don't send content to clients unless it's in an unreal container. Upk should work and while the extension can be different, maps are still in ue containers. For the same reason ogg wasn't sent in kf1, bank/wem isn't sent in kf2. I don't think it's impossible but for it to happen...
  6. zYnthetic

Gunfire sounding like toys and punchless thread number 100

If the goal was pure realism, sound design would be a soley technical process. While it can be very technical, it is at its core, an art, theatre.
  7. zYnthetic

can I set up multiple server instances on the same dedicated server?

I'm not sure if SteamCMD makes a difference but for ue games that don't use it, it can be done from one install if servers are launched with specified unique ports and inis in the commandline. Copies might be preferred in some cases and SteamCMD might require a few other steps but I think unique...
  8. zYnthetic

What happened to the KF2 post launch reviews?

I haven't been saving them but they've been popping up in my feed for the past week. Here's a few. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...o-full-launch/ http://www.pcgamer.com/killing-floor-2-review/ https://www.destructoid.com/review-k...2-399649.phtml ​​
  9. zYnthetic

Band Demon Hunter releasing new album Spring

13/64 tracks, they were a big contributor. I'm not sure how well understood something like EA or even content updates are to most professionals not in games. "What are you talking about, the game's already out?" is probably what is being thought.
  10. zYnthetic

Zeds sounds position? mainly vertical and behind walls.

I'm not sure if anything can be done with vertical positioning. Afaik, all surround decoders only mix along a horizontal axis. There might be a few examples of faking vertical positioning by using DSP but all that's doing is filtering sounds coming from a different plane than the listener and it...
  11. zYnthetic

Who is the most 'famous' personality who plays or has played KF 1 or 2 is?

I'm not sure if I'd really care if some A-list actor played. It's far too common that things done in public view are only for the purpose of projecting an image and not from a genuine interest. It would take a lot of convincing for me to believe they're not trying to sell me something they have...
  12. zYnthetic

PC [SWAT Preview] Bosses dialogs bug, FR trader dialog line mistake, FR audio general feedback

The volume control options are basically linked to different sound groups which dictate how sounds are played. Sound effects is any sound that is meant to be played in the world, spatialized and treated (reverb, attenuation, etc). Dialog and music are similar as theyre not spatialized or treated...
  13. zYnthetic

3D & Animation Whats more important for a static mesh? (@tripwire or any experienced modeler)

Multiple meshes are useful for modular objects; objects created through multiple configurations of the same meshes. Outside of that, not really. The disadvantage is hidden faces will always be rendered and each mesh loads its own separate materials. UT3 had mesh compositing but it required...
  14. zYnthetic

3d audio questions (API and others)

1. Not at PC but I do not believe KF2 has openal libraries. To my knowledge xaudio2 was the only option for UT3 (2007) with openal coming in sometime in the last 3 years. Because of this, chances are it's not part of the commercial UE3 Windows branch and devs would have to write it themselves...
  15. zYnthetic

3d audio questions (API and others)

Xaudio replaced directaudio in Vista forward. Out the gate it was more impressive in performance allowing users to do things in software that formerly required hardware and for developers to add new features just by writing plugins. Comparatively openal is harder to work with and depending on...
  16. zYnthetic

favorite weapon lines?

"Who is that mysterious marksman?" and something about classics holding LAR. There's a few.
  17. zYnthetic

Deep Silver developer for ps4 killing floor 2?

Guys, it's (going with a publisher) nothing new. TW used publishers for physical releases of all their games in Europe. I don't know the extent of Deep Silver's involvement but in context to KF2's planned platforms and TW's console virginity, having someone with experience to consult and manage...
  18. zYnthetic

Make Zeds Stronger

That's just exported script. It has no effect on the game other than providing a reference. Granted you could compile after altering it but if for some reason it actually worked it would break multiplayer. Basically you'd use the script as a reference, extend the class you want changed and...
  19. zYnthetic

Does KF2 take a while to launch for you?

Yeah. I'm thinking back to my days working on cbp3 for ut3; having to delete the cache on each iteration and waiting to see changes. Starting after an update is pretty noticeable though. About a full minute first time on the last update but maybe 6 seconds after that.