• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. K

As requested: Pz IV H - and update news

Cool! I waited for so long. It's a shame I have no time to play RO anymore. :( Thank you, Tripwire.
  2. K

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

theres another huge-scale combined arms simulation-level FPS being made by a completely different company. basically OFP wannabe. i dont remember absolutely anything about it tho other than a few screens
  3. K

INF style projectile penetration mutator available!

Hi all. Just felt like displaying my appreciation for both TWI and the INF people who took part in this(beppo, geogob and others). It would be pretty damn awesome if we started seeing more "added features" to RO by the community, and even more so if TWI took the time to implement some of them...
  4. K

Company of heroes

buy ArmA asap then wait for both CoH and MT:W2 to drop prices and buy them both
  5. K

Company of heroes

im wondering if itll run on my lappy... can anyone tell me 1.6ghz centrino 512mb ram x600 64mb doesnt matter if its in low settings, having this game on the lap would be awesome. ill probably get more ram too.
  6. K

Theatre of War

Correction: Unknown(to the mainstream) European companies. I've been keeping an eye on this one since it started. 1C has quite the reputation, one of the best developers out there along with Bohemia Interactive, Battlefront and Tripwire. ;)
  7. K

Accuracy of tank coaxial MGs

Bullet dispersion is completely ridiculous, this is supposed to behave like a heavy machinegun. The tracers are not real, if you look closely you'll notice that the tracers are much more accurate than the real bullets. The tracer hits the bulls eye while the rest of the bullets hit everywhere...
  8. K

Accuracy of tank coaxial MGs

All MG's in RO:OST are completely unrealistic, no matter what kind. Also, lol@dozen ton turret moving around because of the recoil of a 7.92mm bullet.
  9. K

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

COMPLETELY REALISTIC FOV COMPENSATION(which RO:OST lacks btw!). Yes, ArmA will have a ****ty crosshair for new players but it's disabled in realistic mode(the only one worth playing).
  10. K

More large tank maps please

LARGE infantry maps too please. Berezina is ok, but I want one much bigger than that. The only maps I play now are Berezina, BDJ and Orel. Anything else I feel is completely unrealistic and if I want shoebox rambo gameplay I'll go play CS or DOD. I can't wait for the really huge infantry maps. :D
  11. K

''Huurraaa''

There's a "hurrah" mutator on the Japanese server. The Japanese community has released a lot of mutators and modified maps and all sorts of neat stuff. If you see it, get on you'll DL some mutators and hear hurrahs! in-game. :D
  12. K

Poll are the tanks broken or messed up

Excellent post, really deserves its own thread. However, all of this is way beyond Tripwire's capabilities or goals. Let's be honest here, the developers are not out to make the most realistic game possible, or the most hardcore simulation. I could name dozens of completely unrealistic...
  13. K

damage from shrapnel

Infiltration for UT99 had an awesome shrapnel system. If anybody has played it, it'd be nice if RO:OST had something similar but alas, it's just a dream and it's not gonna happen for a lot of reasons(primarily server overload, one single frag blowing up slows down my listen server a lil' bit)...
  14. K

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

Thanks, I'm the biggest NAZI on the forums. :rolleyes: ROMMEL, yeah then I completely agree. It's nice to have these suggestions backed by actual research, too often people just post "we need kingtiger!!!! to pwn commies!!". ;)
  15. K

Uhm, you didn't actually type all of that. I've read most of it before, you just added a few comments here and there. Anyway, what made you think we didn't read the post? We did, read OUR posts explaining why the tank should not be added, as there are priorities. It would definitely be nice to...
  16. K

This is real modeling

Wow. If only WWIIOL was ported to a modern engine. :D
  17. K

There should be NO llate '44 to '45 AFVs at all in the game. Too limited. I'd much rather have AFVs that were available for much longer periods of time. Also, I am just speculating here but the SU-152 was not used as a tank destroyer(brought in in armoured engagements) but as an assault gun...
  18. K

Beta Map [Beta 2] RO-Berezina

Yeah, what's with the gimped LOS? I want the long one back.
  19. K

LOL, no. The SU-152 takes forever to reload, have no AP shells and they were, as you said, artillery platforms not tank hunters. They were made for blowing up stuff, which can't be done in RO:OST. Just like the IS-2 and Pz4F1 but hey, that didn't stop Tripwire so let's make the game even more...
  20. K

Tank destroyers? You are mistaken, they are assault guns(use HE exclusively). TD: SU100 NOV44 SU85 AUG43 SPG: SU-76: DEC42 (this one was used as a TD though, like the StuG) SU-122: DEC42 SU-152: SEP43 Mistaken: Pz. IV Ausf. F APR41 Pz. IV Ausf. F/2 APR41 Pz. V Ausf. G MAR44 Pz. VI Ausf. E...