• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Your favourite RO moment so far

best RO moment so far ... best RO moment so far ... I have to say, the best RO moment for me so far was when I logged into the game today after a two and a half year hiatus and found that there is still a strong community of players. :-)
  2. T

Tactics Murphy's Laws of RO

Murphy's Laws of Red Orchestra - The capzone you are in will be capped by your team immediately upon your death. - Your death in the above scenario will inevitably be due to a TK. - A bolt-rifle hipshot will miss if you have 1 round left, hit otherwise. - The enemy will attack en masse as soon...
  3. T

how do i get a good weapon?

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently accepting donations ... :-) TWB*JudgeParker
  4. T

Your favourite RO moment so far

Embarassing moment Embarassing moment One time, I had just fired the last round of a clip with my bolt-action rifle, and was about to reload, when I found myself face-to-face with an enemy semi-auto rifleman. As I zigzagged backwards, he popped hip shots off at me. One, two, three, four ...
  5. T

I'd recommend, at the very least, going prone before entering said area. Waiting five to ten seconds is even better, otherwise it becomes a game of musical weapons.
  6. T

Newbie has some more questions...

Silly me, I always thought players were warping and shooting across the screen because they were using Nilsson's Warping and Shooting exploit.
  7. T

Yea man ... Internet P4 Single-core 2.4 GHz UltraATA-100 250GB 7200rpm HD 1 gig of some ram I've never heard of BFG NVidia 7800 GS (AGP 4X) OC to 445/1245 Average frames per second (50-players): Danzig: 22-30 Lyeskrovy: 12-20 Odessa: 15-20 Konigsplatz: 17-22 PariserPlatz: 13-18 Leningrad: 9-14...
  8. T

Master server list not showing up

The Master Server List simply stalls at: "Querying master server". Has anyone been having this problem lately? How do I solve i? -tsoor
  9. T

Tactics Bolts vs. Autos vs. SMGs

You forgot to mention the bayonet. - Joo
  10. T

No, it's your ping! :-) Anyway, are you saying your system is worse than mine? I thought I had the crappiest system on the block! -tsoor
  11. T

Perfect Red Orchestra

Ah, this is a cool idea. I also like the idea of reversing who is attacking/defending: I remember when playing Zhitomir-revenge for the first time that it was cool that the Allies were on the offense. A map like ... Smolensk Stalemate in reverse would be cool.
  12. T

Worst ending of a round ever...

Runnin' with the satchels Runnin' with the satchels If you are not an engineer and you're on a map that has destroyable objects (barricades like barbed wire, e.g. Leningrad, Kurland Kessel; doors, e.g. Stalingrad Kessel; or objectives, e.g. Rakowice Airfield), please steer clear of said...
  13. T

That said, you can significantly decrease map loading times by tweaking some parameters in configuration file, RedOrchestra.ini. The most decrease in loading time comes from turning off precaching (there's a forum post somewhere around here that explains how to do this). After making the...
  14. T

Note - if you get hit by random artillery (as opposed to artillery called in by a player), it is considered "killing yourself" for scoring purposes. Why, I have no idea. You'll find random artillery on Stalingrad Kessel, and a few other maps.
  15. T

Basically, the tip of the Panzerfaust warhead acts as the front "sight". To aim, line up the tip inside of the hole corresponding to the distance using the "F" key to toggle between the three settings, 30m, 60m, and 80m. Then fire, and get the hell out of wherever you are. The effective distance...
  16. T

Zhitomir tweak

Right, my bad.
  17. T

Nazi Zombies

Consider yourself flamed ... :-)
  18. T

Zhitomir tweak

Yeah, I think its fine the way it is. It gives the attackers options, so makes the level much more re-playable. It reminds me of Odessa, where the attackers, after taking the Apartments and the Square, have a choice of whether to take the HQ or the Tower first, or Stalingrad-Kessel, where the...
  19. T

Perfect Red Orchestra

First I'll list some "bugs" that really irk me, then some features I think would be interesting (I'm sure the things I'm about to mention have been mentioned a billion times already ...): Bugs: - Character actual aiming direction versus appearance: Sometimes, especially when prone, the...
  20. T

How are the ballistics calculated?

muzzle velocities of infantry weapons muzzle velocities of infantry weapons Some fun information about muzzle velocities (from wikipedia). Axis infantry weapons: k98: 760 m/s (2,493 ft/s) G43: 775 m/s (2,543 ft/s) stg44: 685 m/s (2,247 ft/s) mp40: 380 m/s (1,247 ft/s) MG34: 755 m/s (2,477...