• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. AXEL

3D & Animation 3DS Max Progress!

I have been cramming 3D Studio Max tutorials for the last 2 weeks, completing every one I can find. Frustrated with my main project today, I realized I can make all sorts of new stuff with this new found knowledge! I threw this out in a little over an hour and wasn't planning on implementing...
  2. AXEL

Panzerschreck shield

Anybody have a front view image of a Panzerschreck shield? I can't seem to find one of just the shield, much less at a 90* angle.
  3. AXEL

[Game] Unreal vs. Source

It seems that with the release of KF, TWI's has gained a huge following. However I don't understand why so many of the new faces are trying to turn the Unreal engine into the Source engine. Recently a decent number of the threads have dealt with player collisions and custom content. These...
  4. AXEL

Level Design To bCorona or not to bCorona, that is the question.

What does the community prefer? With bCorona(firefox says I didn't spell this correctly) turned on, it looks so pretty, however the glare gets a bit annoying, and the primary purpose of the map is to play it not look at it. I mean it looks decent with bCorona turned off, and is certainly less...
  5. AXEL

Level Design Another lighting issue.

I'm working on a map that will utilize flickering fluorescent lights, and they work when I switch to live view in the SDK, but after I rebuild they stop flickering, even when I view them in game they no longer flicker. They are still set to Light Type: LT_Flicker after the rebuild. Anybody...
  6. AXEL

Squad Any PzDF guys

Any PzDF guys still around? One of your servers I was in tonight was having problems with two players impersonating [50pc], <AKA> and general teamkilling, tank ramming, and taking unsuspecting commanders on a ride into rivers. I have there Steam ID's if PzDF is interested in disciplinary actions.
  7. AXEL

IL2 Sturmovick Birds of Prey

This looks phenomenal, I can't wait! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_iCpxeyHFs&feature=channel_page [I] Platform: Nintendo DS, PlayStation
  8. AXEL

24/7 Leningrad

Just to let the community know, the <AKA> clan now has a 24/7 Leningrad server up and running. The IP is as follows: 208.167.251.144:7757 The server is open to the public and we hope all of you have fun!
  9. AXEL

Level Design Mover

Why does my mover brush always appear to be a 45mm coll SM?
  10. AXEL

3D & Animation Weapon Creation Tutorial

Does anybody have a basic recipe to creating weapons?
  11. AXEL

2D Art importing a custom texture

OK well I'm trying to import a texture into myLevel, so of course i import go through that jazz, but then it needs to be applied and the level and the level saved for it to store itself in the myLevel package, well how am I supposed to use it if I can not access it, am I missing something...
  12. AXEL

2D Art SHUREK's avatar FOUND!!!!

Aha! While looking through images of panzers using the Dunkelgrau paint scheme I seem to have stumbled upon Shurek's avatar!!!111!1! also does anyone else have any other favourite sites for textures to share? I'm liking this one http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=32930
  13. AXEL

3D & Animation Exporting to 3ds Max

I'd like to export SM's to 3DS MAX 9 using the .obj file type but unfortunately my version of MAX does not like .obj. How do you peoples export to 3DS Max 9? I've tried using the Infinity program, but it crashed my pc.
  14. AXEL

3D & Animation DH vehicles

I have seen a few RO mods come out with great material that could be used through different theaters (either the same armies or through lend-lease) but are soley being used in that mod. I understand that some of the material was made by the mod teams, but some of it also was made independantly...
  15. AXEL

3D & Animation Booleans

I'm using GMax and am trying to extrude 2 squares from a mass simultaneously. If I do them one at a time then the second square comes out all funky. So I've selected the two squares and attached them to one another, then went through the Boolean tool and set the squares as A and the object to...
  16. AXEL

Level Design Layer issue

When I try to paint my layers I always get these little squares anyone able to tell me why? Is it something really obvious that I missed? I searched but didn't find anything unless my search keywords suck.
  17. AXEL

Level Design Mortar issues

I'm trying to convert some maps to use the CC mortars, but a few of the maps are really shallow when they were extruded initially. Some maps like Arad use a big enough main extrusion that mortars can be set to full power and maximum angle and not hit the roof, but some other maps need little...
  18. AXEL

[Image] DH mappers needing pics

I've got some pics that my grandfather took while he traveled across Europe, and I usually map for RO or CC, not the western front. I hope these can help some of the DH mappers, there are quite a few pictures of german towns and cities. The pics are on my clan's website...
  19. AXEL

[Error] What the fuzz?

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2335 MHz with 2046MB RAM Video: No Video Can't find edit package 'AHZ_ROVehicles_Two' History: UEditorEngine::Init <- UUnrealEdEngine::Init <- InitEngine I get this...
  20. AXEL

Level Design Time change

Where do I need to ponder in my SDK to extend a custom map's round time past the stock 10 minutes? AXEL