• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

[Image] Sherman M4A3 (E8) reference photos

Finally took some time to go down to the armory and take some pictures of these monsters, either for general interest or for a reference for 3D modellers. Sorry for the photo qaulity, and sorry for the scummy and neutered condition the "caretakers" leave this living history in. Its easy to...
  2. H

Anti Tank Class Unlock: More Ammo

Self explanatory suggestion. Guy who's a crackshot with a PTRS/PZB would probably get ammo priority for it, and seeing as we have unlocks anyways, I dont really see a flaw in the logic of getting more ammo as an unlock. Seeing as the unlocks for the anti tank are virtually non-existant, and...
  3. H

Spawn on squad leader by default

Self explanatory, if the player doesn't select another spawn (spawn 1, 2 or 3 or whatever) then it should spawn them on their squad leader; if he is alive and in a "safe" area. Its less annoying since you dont have to lag through the menu every time you want to spawn on him (and there's little...
  4. H

[Question] Turn AA off entirely?

AA is a massive resource hog and I dont really have the FPS to spare for it, theres no option to turn it off outright in the options, whats the console command to do this?
  5. H

Excessive Tank Recoil

Before the criticism I want to say that the tanking in general is looking incredible, the way the tanks handle, how the round penetration works, all excellent, but I do have one strong area of concern: Im not a BT, so Im unaware of the current changes in regards to the recoil on tanks, but just...
  6. H

"Soft Lock" and "Hard Lock" server options for Tanks

Having recognized a potential flaw in the "Tank Locking" ability for tank commanders, I figured I should just make a suggestion thread for this rather than making an essay in somebody's else's thread. Please read (or skim) though this, as it's sort of required to understand why I'm making this...
  7. H

RS - July 28 Gamereactor Interview

Didn't see this posted anywhere in the RS section of the forum, seems like a more fitting place to have it. "Tony Gillham" answers questions on the subject of RS http://www.gamereactor.se/grtv/?id=11947
  8. H

Early SDK content release

I realize this may be a difficult request, but assuming the RS release will be some time after the HOS release, is there any chance of an *early* SDK content release? By SDK content, I mean making an initial release of (only) the models and textures you use to make your maps, so people can...
  9. H

Context-Based Point Scaling

Point Scaling is a system where you earn more points based on what class you are, what you did, how you did it, etc. Rather than explain it I'll give an example. We have Solider A and Soldier B - Soldier A is an Anti-Tank Rifleman. He has his heavy, outdated PTRD that is hardly capable of...
  10. H

Multiple impact effects for different calibers

The one suggestion that's been popping in and out of my mind every time I play Red Orchestra OST is the impact effects (aka when bullets hit a surface) In ROOST there only seems to be one impact effect for all weapons, from the measly P38 sidearm to the monstrous PTRD AT Rifle; they all have...
  11. H

Radius-based voice chat for infantry.

If you've ever played RnL mod (resistance and liberation) you'll know the feature Im talking about. rather than being able to communicate over the entire map, your voice is confined to a radius of about 50 meters. Though you can still type across the map if you need to provided major warnings...
  12. H

Level Design Bizzare issue with Unreal Ed and terrain.

Oh wow, Im an idiot, resolved the issue (finally) a moderator can snip the thread.
  13. H

UT3 plans

Does RO have any plans for the UT3 engine? the UT2004 engine is starting to feel very outdated :(
  14. H

Level Design Tutorial Request: Guide to making a first releasable map

Well, I have been in and out of RO SDK, but I still can't grasp the mapping tools, I am very used to the way Half Life 2's hammer editor works. The RO sdk feels backwards. It would be really awesome if somebody could take the time to make a tutorial that covers the main things you need to know...