• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Too slow to shoot or not fast enough

I have had this problem ever since I started playing this. So I know whether the enemy is, I move slightly too one side, stick my head up to aim and he kills me first. Level 58 as well. This is playing against bots as well! The other problem is the enemy can mostly see you pretty well say from a...
  2. T

Cannot see squad members

When pressing M I can see the green dots on the map but according to a Steam manual I read today your squad members names should be highlighted in green when on the battlefield and close up. All I can see is names in the usual white. This would be very useful.
  3. T

When was this Game last updated?

From what I can see the game has not been updated since May 2012, nearly 6 months ago, and on start up there is no version to check this out. There are a number of annoying bugs that have not been addressed. first the prone bug, when crawling over trenches or next to objects being unable to...
  4. T

Tactics Biggest problem-spotting enemy

I mainly have to play as a rifleman as that all is usually avaiable, my honour level is 48 but not sure what this means. I think experience level for me is the ranking which is frontline soldier. Even when prone I get killed too often, and get gets boring if you wait around for an enemy to...
  5. T

No sign of an update here in UK?

I have verified cache integrity but auto updates show no sign of the recent 4.7gb patch. Why is this? Am I missing something? It is a pity the game does not seem to show a versiion number either so I can be sure it is up to date.
  6. T

Very Slow Downloads on 10. Pzd Server

Never had this before, just lately. I use this server for its tank maps and now I cannot play as a result. Seems like most will move to RO2 as tanks in RO1 die too easily anyway. Download either gets stuck around 3/100 or extremely slow .01, .02. 03 etc. Any solution?
  7. T

Cannot Fire quick enough

In a close confrontation I nearly always get shot first, and I cannot hit the mouse fire button quickly enough. I barely kill bots in time. Maybe it is my mouse setting, or I am getting too old for this kind of game!! Or maybe the opposition have higher skill levels whilst I am still a raw...
  8. T

Anti Cheat/Punkbuster-does it really work

I really like this game as I did RO1, as a tanker. Just one thing ruins it for me and that is getting killed too often in unlikely positions particularly when concealed behind a wall. I know bullets can sometimes go through brick walls but it is a waste of time playing at all if there are still...
  9. T

Is this game free from cheaters?

How can I be sure of this? No point in playing at all if servers are infested with cheaters. In RO1 I had the feeling some tanks were invulnerable, though I am more concerned about infantry in RO2. Some cheats I understand are not detectable, so how would you ever know. Just asking this because...
  10. T

10. pzd.de tank Server

Getting a critical error crash when I try to log on to this site. Other Servers OK. DH servers OK. Never had this before, is there a problem with this server? Now I cannot play my favourite Kursk map.
  11. T

Connecting to Server 6-10 attempts

Is this normal. I have firewalls turned off, except for my anti virus software which is in game mode anyway. Even turning this firewall off makes no difference. Usually I get a screen lock up to start with, then if I do get through, selecting allies or axis the continue button does not work...
  12. T

Very High Ping

This seems to have been the case over the past few weeks. I used to get on average 60-80, now it is more like 200-400 which makes the game unplayable. not only that it takes me at least 6 attempts before I can even get on a server, and downloads are slow too. Today there has been a Steam...
  13. T

Cannot join game

This happens in some cases, usually a long load time then when I select a side, the contnue button does not work and is then blanked out. Sometimes I have to load at least 3 times before I can finally join a game. I have AV turned off, have all the latest drivers, 5gb ram, I gb ATI 3870 video...
  14. T

Disappearing Tank

Happens all the time when I have to capture a building and exit the tank to go inside. Come outside and it has gone, have to go on foot till I get killed at some point. Is there a way to prevent this as it is very annoying.
  15. T

Tactics Panther and Tiger underated?

I hear a lot of players on line using Voip complaining about this. Like hitting an IS2 with 4 88mm shots and having little or no effect. Today whilst driving a Tiger it took me 3 hits at point blank range to kill a T34. That cannot be right. I got killed by an IS2 in a Panther whilst angled, in...
  16. T

Tactics My tank knocked out in 1 or 2 shots

This is making the game very frustrating to play, and I wonder if this is realistic. I am talking about frontal hits even in a Panther and having to go back to start line. If I am a lone tanker in the gunners position then the driver is not present until you swap positions so I am wondering is...
  17. T

Cannot connect to news server

Have not been able to play the game for a good 2 weeks now because of the above message. Is this an ISP problem (tiscali), or a game problem? I have updated Steam. dont know what else I can do.
  18. T

'Version mismatch' in Darkest Hour

Getting this message on some servers in DH, and on vanilla Panzerschlact Von Gary III only. On DH I have latest patch and hotfix 1.b, so I dont understand why I get this message? Otherwise I can play most scenarios.
  19. T

Are players cheating?

In the past few weeks I have noticed it is getting much harder to kill the opposition on the tank maps. Only yesterday it took me and a friendly right alongside me to kill an enemy russian a good 6 shots each. Usually I try to angle my tank and notice I get killed more and more in just one shot...
  20. T

Steam Update today

Most of the Servers have disappeared off the list. Only around 20 on there. Cant play most of my tank maps. What to do?? Not only that my ping has gone from 70 to 228!! Any ideas what to do to remedy this.