• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. R

With the limiting of the PPD 40...

I know this issue has been dicussed to death already, but I wanted to bring it back up because of the upcoming changes in the new patch. As some of you know, there has been much contention on the forums that the Recoil of the SMGs in general, and the PPSH in particular, is too large. In the...
  2. R

Level Design Need help!

Ok, I've gone through a ton of tutorials on making levels in Unreal 2.5. So now I'm going to try to make some maps for RO. The problem is, right off the bat I'm stumped... I want to make a gigantic box that is textured to look like sky. However, it always appears tiled and looks stupid...
  3. R

Are Halftracks too vulnerable to grenades?

I know most of the time Halftracks are on tank maps, so this probably doesn't come up much. But the new Maknavo map (sorry for the spelling) shed some light on the fact that grenades can kill the drivers of halftracks, even if they are buttoned up. I know that the grenade isn't going IN the...
  4. R

Tactics Is this a valid tactic?

I've been seeing this "tactic" being used a few times recently, and I'd like to get everyone's opinion on it. On most maps, there's typically some cap zones that can't be captured until other zones are captured first. For example, on Odessa, the Tower and HQ cannot be capped until the...
  5. R

How to play custom maps in "practice" mode.

I have searched the forums high and low for an answer, and can't seem to find it. When I play a custom map online, the map is automatically downloaded SOMEWHERE so that the server knows where it is. But I can't seem to find the .rom file associated with it (searched my entire hard drive). I...
  6. R

Alternative map cycling:

Under the current map cycling system, the players play a "best of 3" game on a given map before given the option to move on to a new map. There are several other ways that this can be handled. Which would you prefer? Best of 3: Description: The way it is today... Pros: Because each map is...
  7. R

Audible Emotes all sound like they're coming from close-by

Not sure if this issue is specific to just me, or if it's a bug with the game, or a "feature." In Beta, when someone used an audible emote like "Friendly Fire!" or "I need assistance!" the sound level was proportional to your distance to them. If they were close, the volume was loud and far...