• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. R

Interesting Video

I found the first part of the movie (concerning religion) to be very interesting. I would like to do some research to determine the validity of the claims. The movie made it seem quite obvious that the story of Jesus was invented from the other religions, even if Jesus DID exist. The 9/11...
  2. R

Interesting Video

The other comedian (I think at the end of part I) is Bill Hicks... He's dead now. Bill Hicks did an HBO special back in the 90's that was really REALLY good.
  3. R

Interesting Video

George Carlin
  4. R

Ear-Ringing

Fantastic idea! w00t!
  5. R

Idling players when reinforcements are at zero...

I agree that this is the best solution.
  6. R

Teams Please

Didn't the mod have an autobalancing feature? I distinctly remember being booted to the other side on many occasions back in the early days. Frankly, at the point I am now (a veteran of the game), I hardly care which side I play on. Normally, I'll automatically take whichever side needs the...
  7. R

Big servers are a BIG mistake

Adding the OPTION to go up to 64 players is the single greatest improvement that TW has made to this game. It has opened up the possibilities of larger battles and larger battlefields. Let's face it, at least half the maps we play are custom maps. The community already showed its desire to...
  8. R

Its just like Team Fortrress Calssic now...

I agree with the Cook. I haven't suffered from the "Too many players" syndrome that some people are complaining about. Then again, I haven't played ALL of the maps yet. I'm sure some of the smaller city maps like Odessa will be cramped... but so what? A smarter team will take advantage and...
  9. R

Possible to make hip shooting worse??

Nothing wrong with shooting from the hip. It works well enough with SMGs and Semi's, but with a bolt-action rifle it's a really big gamble. I hipshoot a LOT. I also miss a LOT. But hipshooting is about the only way to engage in CQB without getting your head blown off by defenders who are...
  10. R

The Bayonet & Melee attacks.

I think the current system is sufficient. Melee combat isn't really what this game is about. And quite frankly, most of the time I'm stabbed by a bayo, I die. The current system is balanced enough for my tastes. As far as "combat effectiveness," that argument doesn't hold water. Unless...
  11. R

Persistent dead bodies (Merged AGAIN)

World War II online is a MMOG based FPS and they've recently released a patch that has infantry corpses. It REALLY added a lot of atmostphere to the game. I realize there are techincal hurdles to overcome, but if WWIIOL can pull it off, I am confident that they can get it in RO. WWIIOL's...
  12. R

Its just like Team Fortrress Calssic now...

While some of the older maps may become obsolete, the larger maps (my preference) are really coming into their own with more players. Frankly, the smaller old maps like Odessa and Warsaw were already "insta-actiony" anyway, so the new player limits just make them more so. Which is fine by me...
  13. R

For Those That Talk About Teamwork

I'd love to register, but your site won't let me. I registered, but it won't let me go to the forums (in the instructions) to post my account info. Help. Please contact me via [email protected], as I don't come to the RO forums that often...
  14. R

Beta Map RO-Gorlitz Beta 3

shucks!
  15. R

Maps

By the way, people need to stop voting for maps that have entire servers dedicated to them. Danzig and Arad come to mind. If you want to play them, log on to their dedicated server. I do agree that map rotation is the right way to go. There aren't any maps that I hate, but it does get...
  16. R

Camcorder help

I do this for a living at work. And I also use an old Sony Handycam. If you are trying to have video go from your computer to your video camera, here is what you do: Plug the Svideo Cable into your camera and computer. Put your camera in "VCR" mode. Go into your nVidea Drivers and set the...
  17. R

Beta Map RO-Gorlitz Beta 3

The only thing that needs changed IMHO is that I'd like to see some more enterable buildings. That would give the defenders a bit more cover. Is it possible to have destroyable buildings? In other words, buildings that start out somewhat complete, but a few tank rounds later would be reduced...
  18. R

Maps

The most frustrating aspect of this game is finding a REALLY good custom map and then never being able to play it because people never vote for it. Down with democracy! Heck, neither protaganist in our game was a democracy anyway... :D
  19. R

Open Beta of Spring Update

I'm sorry Yoshi. I should have looked first. You may beat me until your arms get tired... :p