• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Darkest Hour Release Update Part 3: Rule Britannia!

During normady ear i think the uniform mainly worn was m44?? Also the FJ's are a great addition. one suggestion is that you can use the these sort of battle plan layouts for the levels loading screen, it would add to emerse players & learn a little about how to play the level for a start, as...
  2. S

Well you wouldnt need just shermans, i cant remember which allied tank had the best gun (help me out here) i would assume it was the firefly, which would be a pretty even matched gun against the panzer 4's 75mm. The tiger actually has poor penetration values at longer ranges against later tanks...
  3. S

"Balanced? I'd rather have tanks like they were - within the engines limitation. " Me too, but the tanks are completely aweful coz theyve tried to make them realistic, but then tried to balanced it as well. A prime example, look at how long the tiger takes to reload an 88mm shell - fair...
  4. S

thanks for the info Aeneas2020. I hope there'll be plenty of hedgerows for me to hide in & a large supply of fausts. One other question, will the tanks be balanced better than they were in stock ro?
  5. S

Quality ww2 tank sim

the models do look really good, shame about having only two tanks
  6. S

Tactics Map strategies going totally arse over elbow

Again, this map is pretty easy to win if you have veteran tiger tank crews & a couple of good group leaders. Also you need to know how to use the panzer 4 to deflect shots (anglisn at 11:45 or 1:15 on your tank hud). The best way to win the map is to have the majority of the team go for forward...
  7. S

Quality ww2 tank sim

Anyone know of a decent tank sim? After playing RO i want to get into something like this a bit more, but RO's tanks suffer too many issues for it to be truly emersive. Specifically id like something fairly recent so the graphics arent too dated & with multiplayer coz its so fun. I found this...
  8. S

Hav you guys been working like 24/7? The screenshots ive seen so far put even stock RO to shame. Question: Have you stuck with stock axis stuff or have you made some of you're own stuff? I think i remember seeing some new uniforms in one of the trailers. Will we eventually be seeing any...
  9. S

Tactics G43 Sniper - Whats with this gun??!!

i find the g43 works on some levels & is useless on others. ie odessa i can mow everyone down pretty quickly, 1 or 2 shots each. But danzig it takes me loads of shots to actually zero in. I think there were two g41 types made, one design submitted by mauser, one submitted by walther. When...
  10. S

Not necessarily, i just had a good couple of games through leningrad, stalingrad & bdj. Saame thing happend as above on stalingrad, but after 1st round i started dishing out orders & tips ie where to cut of enemies in choke points etc. We sucessfully won both rounds because a couple of ppl...
  11. S

Has anyone been on a defensive map, say stalingrad as axis, only to find that your axis teamates dont want to give up the warehouse, so the soviets just lie in wait for them inside. Then as the match continues, the russian team doesnt attack at all the just linger around the warehouse then let...
  12. S

Tactics Exploiting tickets sytem

Do the reinforcement tickets decrease when a player dies or when he spawns, i get confused sometimes because sometimes i can still spawn when my teams reinforcements are on 0%
  13. S

RO Uniforms get the thumbs up! (and CC:))

the uniforms on dod source suck! have a real close up look at a stock model & youll notice how bad he looks wearing some kind of overalls complete with dorky wellingtons. The only thing they got right was the voice comms for germans. Dont bother discussing moh models either, they spend about 3...
  14. S

KRASNYI OKTYABR and Spawn Killing

The trick for taking out spawn rapers & campers in general is to spam their position with a barrage of cooked grenades, just dont run blindly at them while ur throwing, you run slightly slower & are a prime target running around with your arms in the air, plus you'll take out your entire team.
  15. S

Tactics Utilising the mp40 for all situations

Ive been experimenting a lot with the mp40 & developed a few decent stratagies & ideas after using the mp5 a lot on cod4 in the same way. I like the mp40 a lot coz of its multiple roles. I can use it for supression at longer ranges, as a "sub-rifle" at medium ranges and a very effective weapon...
  16. S

Tactics G43 Sniper - Whats with this gun??!!

If it has way too much drop than it should, why cant it be tweaked so it shoots like it should?
  17. S

What type of Panzer V is used in RO?

a few tanks seem to be a mixed bag of different variants. Look at the p3, it has a 50mm cannon even on the early war maps. Perhaps the devs actually went to museums etc to study the tanks, seeing as their are very few panthers in the world today they may have had to rely on photos from the net...
  18. S

[Question] RO & the windows paging file

Does RO run ok without the paging file for windows? Ive heard rumours that UT (cant remeber which version) had problems without one & seeing as RO is on the UT engine im a bit skeptical.
  19. S

How many People use the GeForce 8 Series?

Ive had the 8800GTS g92 512 variant & ive never had any weird problems like this. With ATI however its another story, glitchy rendering, slowdowns when i get close to a wall (magnification of the textures i presumed) However the 8800 gts 512 is actually a 9 series (a 9800 is just two of these...
  20. S

How will DH be released?

Steam updates cost money? Thats come as a major surprise to me. Well for keeping the playerbase high, ive been spreading the word a bit, you'd be surprised at how many dont know about any mods altogether.