• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Sined

Tactics RO 2 and BIA series

How about like Arma2 command and control?... How about like Arma2 command and control?... Must say i have been drawn to the "Dark side" and very much enjoy Arma2 and its team control model.. quirky to learn but effective in guiding players to where they should be.. (whether they do is of...
  2. Sined

Suppression in ROHOS

Fear and Suppression in Gaming Fear and Suppression in Gaming Ive been away a while but am back now:-) Ok Fear and loathing (sorry suppression) in Games is difficult to model because there are no "Real "effects, you are not HURT etc... so can the engines model HURT... Why if you are...
  3. Sined

The RO:HoS Fact Thread

Run n Gun Vs Dual Carrying Vs Dual Wielding Run n Gun Vs Dual Carrying Vs Dual Wielding Im sure most have seen these pics. http://www.katardat.org/marxuniv/2002-SUWW2/Images/images05-stalingrad.html There are a few examples of soldiers carrying backpacks etc and Bulky Clothing anything that...
  4. Sined

Beta Map RO-Gefangene_Beta1 released

Sined_{Oz} AFK Sined_{Oz} AFK Ok gang well i got into my University course starts monday so two years out of action, will pop by when i can :-) enjoy ROGefangene alas wont have time for monastic sniper or other pipeline ideas... maybe by then i be into unreal ed 3 or 4 ...:-) see you on the...
  5. Sined

Level Design Vehicle spawning not tied to spawnareas...possible?

Hi Mr Moe hmmmintersting postulation. So Point One: you cap an objective, and the objective can throw an event that could tie to the vehicle spawns, (so they move) not sire how to get the drivers to the vehicles.maybe player starts could be listening for that event? But vehicle spawns can...
  6. Sined

RO Crash, Then dissconnects from server

well spotted Zetsumei
  7. Sined

Videogames Remakes thread

Call me old fashioned but Shogun Total war Best gameplay of the series, needs destructible forts (burning down would be nice!). Tweak the AI (like almost the whole following series still needs!) Morale Honour etc skulduggery its all there. then throw in tactics and a few Sword Saints! yeah...
  8. Sined

Beta Map RO-PacificIsleBeta

I had a run around on your map the other night...very nice, though IMHO you need to add just a few more vertical reference objects (ie posts/trees/buildings especially as axis heading towards allied spawn on that hill on my right the HT slowed and stopped as it struggled up a hill i couldnt...
  9. Sined

Level Design Question about proper use of water volumes?

ok update i was talking about the angle of terrain and every map with steep angles runs this risk. my water volume in RO-Gef is huge also to "bathtub"a slightly bent river road. the water volume is square sided. Also my "fix"to terrain shooters"was adding Black textured volumes underground...
  10. Sined

shooting a moving target at range

Thanks HEAPS that has lowered my frustration count considerably, (I often have to fight on 200+ ping servers (tyranny of distance here in Australia:-)) I understood the ping delay but not the server side deciding i was already dead (EVEN though i had fired/thrown and {client side} knew it...
  11. Sined

Silent nades

Come On its clearly a case of... "You never hear the one that has your name on it!" :-)
  12. Sined

Level Design Question about proper use of water volumes?

yes going prone is a (feeble) attempt to swim which you can do (kinda) and you need to surface b4 u can exit water. so alas you need a gentle edge to the water volume . Except :-) if you place a brick/stone etc static mesh along the edge :-0 then your prone player hits the rock/stone and cant...
  13. Sined

RO Crash, Then dissconnects from server

Im running Vista x64 8800gts (dx10)and have had no real problems related to vista or RO. Im glad Yoshiros suggestion of windowed worked. Things to keep in mind are "run as admin" is handy and OFTEN fixes things and "XP Compatability mode" may work around some probs, but not for me ...yet. My RO...
  14. Sined

Damnation :-) ok i sit corrected:-) (im only a newbie to RO so not really up on older maps) Askay not in server rotations on this half of globe anyway :-? Cheers
  15. Sined

RO_Gefangene_Beta 3 Released RO_Gefangene_Beta 3 Released well its almost done , just need player feed back and a bit more server time. I dont think there are ANY bugs, no dissappearing walls and the Initial Spawn IS fixed and NASTY :-) The changes are NOT JUST A .ROM any more, u need a...
  16. Sined

Squier's Mare Nostrums attempt

Ok heres a wild left field idea. i know the steam server listing is pretty useless (well for me in Australia it is ping of 500 to play no thanks!) So instead of having all these mods with different server listings can some coding guru make a front end that allows us to see ALL nearby servers (ie...
  17. Sined

Final Map Tcherkassy : Final Version

If you want to mod a map mod it but give it a new name look and feel ,if its TWI stock originally apparently you dont need to ask permission, But if its someone elses work then its not yours. Ask! if you cant find them tough. live with it life is like that. Oooh i can see it now, i didnt...
  18. Sined

need help here!!

"Optimized" love that word :-) LOLOLOL
  19. Sined

WWII game for goofing around online??

return to Castle Wolfenstein (3d) has mulriplayer and is similar vintage to your friends electronic abacii (is that plural of abacus?... well it now is :-) ) Edit No bots in RTCW3D :-( (wow was fun playing that again for a few minutes:-))
  20. Sined

What makes a good map for you?

Well for me i like an authentic setting. maybe a realistic village. Arad ? A Monastery :-) (Shameless self promotion :-) ) A built up area like danzig etc But the locations of cap zones (IMHO) needs to be somewhat realistic.Parisier platz is a great map but the cap zones at the beginning are...