• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Some telling numbers...

A little over a month after the games release: EDIT: Ignore KF's numbers, that's left over from the original image, the important part is RO On off-peak hours, you have maybe 300 players. And max, you're working in the 1500 player range. This games European playerbase is anemic at best...
  2. L

Problem/Exploit with the PTRS vs T-34

Recently, I've noticed that the T-34 is extremely vunerable to the PTRS from the front, almost ridiculously so. Against a skilled AT guy, it seems that you can trash the T-34 with your first magazine, and before the tank has any chance to respond. It often goes something like this: Hit 1: MG...
  3. L

Newest patch: Max FOV is 75. Permanent change?

The last beta patch has the FOV slider maxed out at 75 degrees. Is this a mistake, because I really hope it is. What is the rationale for forcing the FOV to such a small area, considering all the thought that went into the zoom system, perhipheral vision stuff, etc. Right now we have a choice...
  4. L

T-34 sight problems?

First off, not sure if this is a "bug or a feature", so I'll refrain from posting this in the bug forum yet, but has anyone else noticed that the T-34's gunsight is sort of...randomly inaccurate? As in, sometimes I'll fire and the shot will go right on the crosshair, but other times it will...
  5. L

PTRSs still killing tanks outright? (plus bonus question)

Has anyone else experienced having a tank blown up frontally, or from the side even, with a PTRS? I was hoping that they'd take out that unrealistic possibility for the tanks that could withstand it. Certainly the Pz4 and T-34 should be immune frontally, although they could have optics...
  6. L

Tank turret control via keyboard - thoughts and questions

RO 2 certainly has a lot of improvements over the original game, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it thus far, but probably the most problamatic thing for me is the fact that tank turrets can only be controlled with the mouse. I am an avid RO 1 and DH tanker, and the turret control puts me off a bit...
  7. L

Tactics How to Use Smoke (smoke nades everyday)

We all know the situation: Someone takes Squad Leader, and proceeds to throw smoke in all the wrong places (or not at all). The result is often a really frustrating match, and probably lots of yelling. So, here's a few tips on how to use smoke. This is very general advice, and will adjust...
  8. L

Team size and leadership structure.

Now that we will probably have numerous 64 player servers, the number of players on a team may bumps up the combat from ROOST's original squad level combat, to HOS's nearly platoon-level combat. ROOST started out with 16 player per side (32 player servers), which was appropriate for a single...
  9. L

Question about engine trasition and gameplay

I don't think I'm alone here in saying that one of my favorite things about Red Orchestra is the massive view distances possible with UE 2.5. Not only in long-range tank battles but also in infantry engagements. Maps on the scale of Berezina, FestungKurland, and others just don't seem to be...
  10. L

A solution to kiting entire mobs

It seems a good deal of people, myself included, feel that the ability of one player to kite an entire mob of specimines around the map breaks the game a bit. This is especially true on a wide open map like Farm. All you really have to do is switch to your knife and run away, pop off a couple...
  11. L

German Small Arms of WWII

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this. I'm also a member of the SomethingAwful forums, and a poster in one of thier subforums happens to work in some kind of firearms collecting industry, and has slowly been posting really detailed breakdowns of german small arms. So far he's done...
  12. L

Trying to get back into RO but...

...all I can find is the stale old TWB east coast US server. I stopped playing RO a few months ago, as I just got tired of playing it almost exclusively for half a year. But a couple weeks ago I started to get the RO bug again. It started with a discussion on another forum about good...
  13. L

How are the ballistics calculated?

Quick, simple question: How are the ballistics in-game calculated? Is the path of each round individually calculated on the fly? Or what? This includes bouncing tank shells and MG fire. How does that work?
  14. L

Photoshop vs. Photoshop Elements

Ok, I've got a question out there for anyone familar with image editing/creation. I'm a fairly skilled photoshop user. I used to use it way back in high school and for the past 5 or so years I've had a copy of it on my old Mac Powerbook. I love to tinker around in there, plus I contribute to...
  15. L

Tactics Bonzai driving tanks. Discuss.

On several maps, I've noticed the tendency for tankers who are "supporting" thier infantry to do so by just driving around through enemy formations like madmen. The worst map I've seen for this is the one where the Russians are on offensive, trying to take a bridgehead, over foxholes, and...
  16. L

Fixing Prone Movement

One thing that's always bothered me is how you're able to spin around like a top when you're prone while ironsighted. I don't know how many times I've sprinted overtop of some enemy lying prone in a doorway only to be shot in the back half a second later as he somehow magically spun around on...