• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

How/What do you feel about TWI and RO2

To be honest, I don't really even think it's a problem of "not listening to the community". It's a lack of a coherent design for the game. There's lots of "oh hey lets try THIS out!" stuff. It has super detailed tank interiors...that do nothing but sit there and significantly increase the...
  2. L

How/What do you feel about TWI and RO2

I feel like I got totally screwed on the product, as it's missing a bunch of features, has a schizophrenic design, and a lot of bugs/wonky problems. I played RO1 and DH for four years before RO2, and was totally hyped about the game. The funny thing is, when I was in the pre-purchase beta, I...
  3. L

Tanks that should be in RO2

Skip the KV-1S for now and go to the KV-1 itself. That tank needs more respect in the early-war battles. My ideal "vanilla" (ie. no mods) tank line-up for the Stalingrad period would be something like this: Soviet: KV-1 T-34-42 T-34-41 T-60 T-26 BT-7 (45mm gun) BT-7A (76mm howitzer) SU-76...
  4. L

Just shot a guy in the arm, he shoots me back immediately and kills me

The problem is that when shot, your aim isn't jostled or moved at all. You can talk all you want about adrenaline and taking time to notice that you're injured, but that doesn't change physics. A full power rifle round to your arm will cause damage to bone, muscle, ligaments, etc. that will...
  5. L

"Coward's way out"

I've made +100m shots while in slow death mode. You simply should not be able to use your iron sights, and recoil should be increased. That would solve most problems.
  6. L

"Coward's way out"

You also realize you're hampering the enemy team by cheating them out of a longer time until respawn, right? :) Seriously, this talk of a suicide key to jump onto a respawn is a non-starter. There are not large numbers of people offing themselves on the battlefield. If you're gravely wounded...
  7. L

"Coward's way out"

Does opening the console and typing "suicide" not work in slow death? Or does wating another three seconds really cause that much of an issue. If you miss a respawn wave, too bad, them's the breaks. Should have gotten killed sooner, ha.
  8. L

Whos idea was to create the wounding system?

Along with the limb-damage issues affecting your play, I think a simple change to the current bandaging system should be implemented: 1.) Greatly increase the bleedout time 2.) Slightly increase the bandage time to 5-7 seconds As it stands now, you either start bleeding "a little", at which...
  9. L

Tactics Ammo storage locations to aim for

It's not just the commander. The loader is the REAL problem. Apparently, probably because the loader is not a player position and required for the gun to work, the other AI crew will instantly teleport to the position if he's killed. So, penetrating a certain area kills the loader, AI crew...
  10. L

HMG Thread

They lower/increase the rate of fire. Good for conserving ammo, or ramping it up to hit more targets. Normally I just keep it at the high setting as the guns have unlimited ammo capacity. As for team support, that's important. But I think the problem most people have is that the guns are...
  11. L

Tactics Are mortars any good?

Creeping or rolling barrages were usually achieved by having sections (~2 guns) or batteries (~4 guns) of artillery fire on different targets in sequence, not having the actual guns adjust during the salvo. So Battery A fires first, then Battery B fires a bit behind, Battery A then fires behind...
  12. L

HMG Thread

Granted, there are a few well-placed MGs, but I ignore most of them as half thier field of fire is obstructed by a wall or something. I'm not so confident that we'll get any official TWI maps that use the HMGs very effectively. Could be for 2 reasons: 1.) They're afraid of balance, and...
  13. L

Squad composition

The squad system should be as follows: Squad 1&2 (Regular squad): 8 Riflemen Light MG Squad Leader Squad 3 (Heavy Infantry): 4 Riflemen 2 Elite Riflemen (really this class should be nixed, SLs get auto rifles anyway) 2 Assault troopers Light MG Squad Leader Squad 4 (Support and Commander)...
  14. L

The K98K reloading is WRONG!

No, you're not the only one. V
  15. L

Tactics Binoculars???

Lol, that would be ridiculous. In reality this whole "mark artillery with your binoculars" stuff is absurd anyway. In the real world, the platoon leader or whoever was making the call would just give them corodinates on the map. Only after the round started falling would they call in for...
  16. L

Tactics Binoculars???

Yeah, watch out. Whatever the marker tool is, the game treats it as some huge object, making it next to impossible to aim through things like windows with frames on them, or holes in fences.
  17. L

Possible to make the minimap larger?

Yes, I know, I was just ragging on him for playing in relaxed mode and relying on a minimap. So much so as to want to make it larger, ha.
  18. L

Possible to make the minimap larger?

What minimap? That's only available in training mode.:p
  19. L

Tactics Help with MG's

Yeah, you need to rank them up and it gets a little better. Off the bat, they're horribly inaccurate past the first shot. It's a really needless nerf. Even firing in short bursts, the first round is on but everything after that seems to jump all over the place because of recoil.
  20. L

Tactics Squad Leaders: Stop your Dying!

Yeah, that's true too. The number of guys in my squad usually dictates how I play SL. If it's full, I'm in spawn-point-mode. If it's only two or three guys, then I'm up there throwing my smoke and assaulting.