• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Rabid Penguin

Suggested Tweaks to Player Movement

Some of these ideas have probably already been suggested, but I think they’re worth bringing up again. I would love to see a more natural movement system in this game. At present, it feels a bit unnatural and unintuitive, especially in Classic Mode. To make the player movements feel more...
  2. Rabid Penguin

Tactics Busting Banzai Charges for Fun and Profit.

Well, maybe not for profit. But on Hanto and Guadalcanal, I have found through experience that the best way to defend against banzai charges, is to have multiple lines of defence. 1st Line: Riflemen are up front, looking for targets of opportunity moving across open ground. On Guadalcanal...
  3. Rabid Penguin

Tech Question

is it possible to run 3 monitors off a single gtx560ti, as it has 1 HDMI & 2 DVI ports? Please no suggestions that I should spend money on a new card because that's not going to happen.
  4. Rabid Penguin

Prioritise Commander's and Squad Leaders' voice chat

Simple idea: when a Squad Leader speaks in team voice chat, it should mute all other players currently speaking, and when the TL speaks it mutes everyone including SL's, to ensure the entire team hears all orders/arty warnings/strategies, and doesn't miss out on important info because a couple...
  5. Rabid Penguin

Suggested Changes to the Artillery system

As we all know, if you call mortars or artillery, it fires a number of strikes (or barrages, or whatever you want to call them), then there's a cooldown timer until you are able to call fire support again. WHAT IF, instead of doing it that way, the commander could call mortars or arty, and...
  6. Rabid Penguin

RS Let Americans use the .50cal MGs on the Landing Vehicles Tracked

Just as title suggests. Make some, if not most of the Browning M2HB .50 calibre MGs on the Landing Vehicles Tracked useable, in order to provide suppressing fire on the Japs on beach landing maps. They're there, let us use them. Edit: at least the ones that are actually pointing toward the...
  7. Rabid Penguin

I have realised...

...that I no longer enjoy RO2, sadly. It only just clicked that for the last few weeks, it just feels like hard work instead of a game. It's mostly, I think, because I'm playing to win, not for fun. So I get stressed when my team is losing or getting pinned down, and frustrated over and...
  8. Rabid Penguin

HUD customisation options?

I propose that Tripwire give us the ability to customise our HUD, within the boundaries of server settings, as follows: Set HUD scale and transparency Disable HUD items selectively Options for kill feed - all on, all off, personal kills only, or personal deaths only. Disable HUD completely in...
  9. Rabid Penguin

New Game Type Suggestion

I propose a new game type: a mixture of aspects of Territory and Countdown. I haven't thought of a name for it yet. Key features: - Single life per objective as in CD - Maps flow continuously as in TE (no CD-style stop/start between objectives) - Linear play style: only one objective active...
  10. Rabid Penguin

Objective Capture/Defense Assist Points

We get points for kill assists, therefore I suggest we also get points for assisting in the capture or defence of objectives. My proposal: if you are killed in an active (i.e. being capped) cap zone, 30 seconds or less before the objective is captured, you still receive half the usual points...
  11. Rabid Penguin

[Question] HUD Scale and Transparency

Ostfront vets will remember how in RO1 you could adjust the scale and transparency of your HUD. Can anyone tell me how I can do the same thing in RO2?
  12. Rabid Penguin

What your choice of class says about you:

(DISCLAIMER: this is a joke; treat it as such) Rifleman: you have a slow computer and/or internet connection. Elite Rifleman: you like to pretend to have skill, but still have the ability to spam bullets in panic. Assault/Elite Assault: you make up for your lack of skill with rounds per...
  13. Rabid Penguin

Someone please explain...

...why in a local server with 60 ping, I can't hit the broad side of a barn, but on a US server with 380 ping, almost every shot is a hit? It's not a one-off occurrence, either... happens every time.
  14. Rabid Penguin

Tactics Tips on playing Commander.

I just thought I'd post some hints/tips for playing as Commander, most of which I've learned from experience, some of which is common sense. Hopefully it helps people who want to give it a go but find the role a bit daunting. Know the maps. Study the maps from both teams’ perspectives. Know...
  15. Rabid Penguin

Small Update?

Steam just downloaded a 6.8MB update - anyone know what it was?
  16. Rabid Penguin

Allow PzIV commander a better view.

Just wondering why the Panzer IV commander can't look through the windows of the cupola close up the way the driver can look through the side window? It'd give you a much better view of your surroundings without having to unbutton.
  17. Rabid Penguin

Question for military nuts.

If a country has an Army of 265,000, how many of these would it realistically be able to deploy overseas, as an invasion force? Just running a scenario in my head for the lolz, and wondering the answer to the above. Thanks!
  18. Rabid Penguin

Favourite Objective?

There have been plenty of threads about people's favourite maps, but let's go one further: what is your favourite objective (aka capzone) in the game, either for to attack or defend? Town Hall on Spartanovka is a good one for both, imo. Thoughts?
  19. Rabid Penguin

Idea on replacing Cap Zone system

This thread inspired me to post an idea I've been thinking about for months regarding how the game is played. Firstly, get rid of Cap Zones as we know them entirely. Replace them with "Areas" and "Objectives". HOW IT'S PLAYED. Areas: Maps are divided into Areas of varying size depending...
  20. Rabid Penguin

Clocks

Anyone else notice all the clocks in game show 3:07? Now I'm really wondering if that's just random, or if TWI did it deliberately, maybe it was a special time during the RO2 production or something.