• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. boristsr

Code Overriding function GetPlayerClass stops game working online

I don't test on RO2 maps often, but I recall having reasonable success on their cooked maps last time I tried. As long as you have SetGameType in your game info class you should be alright. Sorry about the long response, been a little short on time recently. If I get time this weekend I'll try...
  2. boristsr

It's strange that it's not able to load your gameinfo class. Can you post the source of your GameInfo class, or PM me? **Edit It might also be worth downloading the example maps from here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=74889 Grab the TE-NeutralSetup map and change the...
  3. boristsr

Forgive me if some of the points this are a bit short or cryptic, it's 2am here, so I'll answer any questions/clarify points here tomorrow. Cooked content seems to work a lot more reliably at the moment, so for now lets focus on getting the cook correct, so don't try putting uncooked content on...
  4. boristsr

Sniper Mosin Nagant vs Scoped AVT 40

These both fire the 7.62x54R round, and looking at the souce do the same amount of damage. In action mode the MN91/30 should inflict more damage. Also the MN91/30 has a higher muzzle velocity so the round should inflict slightly more damage at extreme range according to changes to ballistics...
  5. boristsr

Instant game crash ...

Right click Red Orchestra 2 in Steam, go to properties. When that comes up click on the Local Files tab, then click Verify Game Cache. This will make sure nothing was corrupted during the download.
  6. boristsr

Code Mutator Development Environment

I'd recommend checking out https://uside.codeplex.com/ as pointed out by Swag. I just created a symlink with http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html so the source that was actually in the correct directory for RO2 showed up under a UDK directory as well and the IDE...
  7. boristsr

Code Mutator Development Environment

I actually use that IDE on RS Swag. Just had to setup some symlinks to make it think I was using UDK. Works quite well. And we were using nFringe on RS Lord Gleedo. It works fine. We weren't using interactive debugging though. As an editor with partially working intellisense it was fine. It...
  8. boristsr

Bullet cracks

Darkest Hour Forever! 15 year development cycle ahead!
  9. boristsr

Why american vs japanese?

It's a question of resources. Being Australian, I'd love to get some diggers represented in RS, but unfortunately it's a mammoth effort to bring a new nation into the game. We are by no means trying to overplay the Americans, or underplay the role of other nations. It is unquestionable though...
  10. boristsr

Code Mutator Common Coding Problems and solutions

The post I linked to has the code for the ReplaceWith function which you can copy into your mutator and you are good to go.
  11. boristsr

I noticed you updated the top post with some info you had found on mutators and I have a bit of extra info. Again, I haven't tried mutators in RO2, but generally speaking this is how they work in UE3. 9: You can't just duplicate a class with the same name, you'd need to create a new class with...
  12. boristsr

I can't answer about mutators as I haven't tried them in RO2, and I haven't made any since working on UT3 a few years ago. A few quick answers to most of your other questions. 1) Yes that is where RO2 code is, your code should go in <USERDIR>\My Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Src In...
  13. boristsr

Why american vs japanese?

We haven't said anything on this matter apart from stating in the forums whenever the question arises that we are not committing to "RO2 style" or "RO1 style". We will be doing what best fits the Pacific theatre and our mexpansion.
  14. boristsr

SDK Nov 9th Update

I really wish bug finding and fixing was as simplistic as people make it out to be. My day job would be a LOT easier.
  15. boristsr

Code What ini to add EditPackages

ReplaceWith is what was used when making UT3 mutators, however it was actually defined in UTMutator, not in any of the classes in the packages that TWI have included. My suggestion would be to go take a look at the UT3 source (which you can export from the UT3 editor, or can be downloaded from...
  16. boristsr

Russian Capture K98?

I believe certain factories did mark the serial number on the side of the stock. The marking that specifies a russian capture is an X on the receiver.
  17. boristsr

Im going to be honest the trailer was bad.

ledurpy: I feel you've misinterpreted the intent of Nestors post. Obviously we don't just want posts "this trailer is bad, you should feel bad" sort of posts, while some will remain, we prefer posts to offer constructive criticism, and have no problem receiving it and having discussion...
  18. boristsr

just a quick question

If UE3 had issues with the dx9 builds on dx11 cards this would affect any UE3 title released prior to march this year. Reported performance issues on certain system configurations are likely unrelated to the DirectX versions cards state they support. I use a GTX580 and can run HoS at 1920x1200...
  19. boristsr

Question on Mods...

It's too early to know how Rising Storm will be distributed. As a development team we don't even know yet, so any comments are purely speculation. However I can say for sure that it will NOT stop you from playing RO:HoS vanilla. To merge Rising Storm and HoS sides to create a new mod focused on...