• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. mlespaul

Jacques Littlefield - 1949-2009

The legendary Jacques Littlefield passed away on 7 January 2009. R.I.P. The world has sadly lost one of it's premier military historians and vehicle preservationists. But his collection remains and we must hope that it continues to be preserved, maintained, and enjoyed for generations to...
  2. mlespaul

Recovered T-34/76 with German Markings plus Update

Discovered in Estonia a buried German-marked T-34/76 with preserved markings. Still had oil in the engine. It's not exactly breaking news, but I thought it was interesting. It's been on the web about a year or so. http://www.rense.com/general75/germ2.htm Full story and pictures in the link...
  3. mlespaul

Russian ПП-1 type Optical Sight for 45mm AT (part 2)

See previous post for technical manual information on this ;). Next interesting thing about the ПП-1 type sight is that it had a 45-mm anti-tank gun version. Same outside structure and function, but different reticle and purpose. I'm not completely certain about the types, but I have the...
  4. mlespaul

Russian ПП-1 type Optical Sight for MG (part 1)

Hey all, going through my archs and poking around other places I shouldn't, I found these, in case anyone needed. First off, This is a 1939 Maxim wheeled MG manual that discusses the optical gunsight fitting for the model 1932 ПП-1 optical sight and it's reticle. Wheeled maxims had optical...
  5. mlespaul

ISU-152 Current Optics - In case you were wondering.

As the mod crew already mentioned, the current optical gunsight used for the ISU-152 in RO is the commander's periscope TPK-1, for right now until the CT/ST-10 is located. Some people have asked me what that curved/arced range scale on the bottom is for, and so in case anyone was curious it is...
  6. mlespaul

Interesting Use of Maxims

From Museum reenactment of the Petrivskaya battle - reconstruction of release of Kiev on 6 November, 1943 Museum is somewhere north of present day Kiev near Petrivtsi (?)
  7. mlespaul

Russian Artillery Manual (1938)

Comrades - Coming off our discussion of the SU-76 and the panoramic optic scope (PG) that it uses, I'm offering up some more info. Required reading. Based on 76mm regimental gun, but still appropriate. Aiming the weapon...
  8. mlespaul

Recommended optics modification for SU-76

Found some pics from a book on the subject AFV. Happen to have some reticle pictures that I think match up. Main gun ZIS-3 Optical Sight (Panoramic type left of gun): Panoramic on left - trench-type periscope on right Observation (right of gun - trench periscope type)...
  9. mlespaul

Someone looking for Pkzpfw 38 (t) interior?

I heard someone needed some interior views. PM me. mlespaul
  10. mlespaul

Ostfront Human and Mechanical Remains Still Being Unearthed Today

Galleries(Russian site - VERY recent photos): http://www.trizna.ru/index.html The remains of the men and machines - they're still finding them to this day. regards, mlespaul