• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. mlespaul

German Panzer Optics

Hooray! I live on! ;) M
  2. mlespaul

German Panzer Optics

I just so happen to have recently bought an original ZF 2 x 16. Might be the only one left...mystery solved.
  3. mlespaul

Someone looking for Pkzpfw 38 (t) interior?

Yes, I can lend a hand. I have the actual information on the reticles now. First thing to do is decide which time period you want the Pkzpfw 38 (t) to represent. I say this because both the tank's co-ax and hull MG telescopes underwent three "neu" changes from 1938/9 through 1942. I have all...
  4. mlespaul

Scoped ptrd

The s.Pzb 41 had a ZF 1x11 and in other variants a specially configured ZF 3 x 8, whose reticle looks completely different than the standard Pak or Flak 3x8 configuration. It was also carried in the Sdkfz 250/11. but I'm guessing this wheel-mounted weapon won't meet your needs for a smaller...
  5. mlespaul

Jacques Littlefield - 1949-2009

The legendary Jacques Littlefield passed away on 7 January 2009. R.I.P. The world has sadly lost one of it's premier military historians and vehicle preservationists. But his collection remains and we must hope that it continues to be preserved, maintained, and enjoyed for generations to...
  6. mlespaul

German Panzer Optics

Well, that IS the question, isn't it? Where IS the truth? ;) The truth is in the actual original H.Dv's, OKW Datenblatt, and period Wehrmacht publications and rarely on the internet. (I myself strive for accuracy, but I am always open to be corrected:o) I urge all to pursue the truth by...
  7. mlespaul

Recovered T-34/76 with German Markings plus Update

Discovered in Estonia a buried German-marked T-34/76 with preserved markings. Still had oil in the engine. It's not exactly breaking news, but I thought it was interesting. It's been on the web about a year or so. http://www.rense.com/general75/germ2.htm Full story and pictures in the link...
  8. mlespaul

Hetzer

Hey man, that's "Czech Dusky Rose #9" ! Not only does it retard rust, mold, and mildew, it's also a floor wax AND a dessert topping!! Is good, no? :D:D
  9. mlespaul

Russian Artillery Fire Commands

Great movie clip. Notice the gunners are looking through PG-1's? What movie is this from?
  10. mlespaul

Kugelzielfernrohr (KZF 2)

Did some more looking up. It IS a composite. It's somewhat similar to the TZF2 as used on on the Pzkpfw I (twin MGs), with some slight differences.
  11. mlespaul

Hetzer

Very nice. See that thing hanging down from the roof in the second video behind the driver and to your immediate right? That's the Zielienrichtung 37. It's the range drum selection tool that transmits the range selection you apply by turning the silver gear knob at the very bottom and transmits...
  12. mlespaul

Tank Question for MODs

Welllll...you're kinda right if you guys mean the RO method of rangefinding in the coding of the reticle views and how the guns are laid. But if you mean that the german main sight telescopes had an advantage in that they were actual "rangefinders" then I part ways with that description. The...
  13. mlespaul

Beta Map RO-Alte_Ziegelei (beta4.8)

J, If it's the one I think you're talking about, it's the incorrect reticle. If it looks like this, Then it's incorrect for the main gun. The one above is for the ТПКУ or ТПК- 1 which is the commander's observation periscope (estimates range and drop of projectile to target based on...
  14. mlespaul

Interesting Use of Maxims

Another:
  15. mlespaul

Modernish Realism Mod (Yet to be Named) Looking for staff/support

Yoshi - Well, one thing is for sure, getting the newer optical sights are a whole heckuva lot easier....;)
  16. mlespaul

Someone looking for Pkzpfw 38 (t) interior?

I now have the correct optical reticles for all the guns on the 38 (t) for both the main gun and MG, both for the early and later versions of the tank (they are different) and now the markings on the outside of the telescope make sense to me. My previous drawings made on earlier posts on this...
  17. mlespaul

Kugelzielfernrohr (KZF 2)

You know, that's a really good question. I think it's a composite myself....I always found it unnervingly weird looking. Kind of like the stock RO binocular reticle....just weird looking. Pretty much all the armor/artillery reticles seem to chronically suffer from thick lines and the...
  18. mlespaul

Spanish Civil War Mod????

A lot of great little links hidden around there!
  19. mlespaul

What will it take to save RO?

Wow....this concept of RO 'dying away' really sucks. Especially since some of us folks have been busting hump over the past few years to find the historically correct weapon configurations, era-matching hardware, correct optics, etc - stuff a lot of folks probably have no idea how hard it is to...
  20. mlespaul

Russian ПП-1 type Optical Sight for MG (part 1)

Jeff, I apologize for the length of this...but it's interesting stuff...sooooo.. Well, yes, the first one does look like the TSR-1 for the Beobachtstungpanzer Panther, but the Beo.pzr Panther with all the optical gizmos never really went into production but this might have been some sort of...