• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. smokeythebear

Tripwire Appoints new Interim CEO, Alan Wilson

Is this all a weird publicity stunt for RO3?
  2. smokeythebear

What are we supposed to talk about here?

Check out RO forum for first time in years, see that, log off
  3. smokeythebear

Level Design Backward Compability

Best way is to just create a mesh out of the brushwork and export any important meshes for reference. Direct ports are always so ugly it's worth the effort to do a remake with kf2s art assets.
  4. smokeythebear

[Game] New unreal tournament coming!?

I felt like the movement was really clunky and slugish. Ut2k4 was much more fluid and the weapons more satisfying.
  5. smokeythebear

[Game] Planetary Annihilation - Next Gen RTS inspired by TA

I bought it when the price went down to 30$ on steam. I never played supcom and TA was ages ago so the game feels really new to me. Even more of a macro game then starcraft which I kind of like. Going in I thought the planet mechanics would be kind of gimicky but it actually adds a lot of...
  6. smokeythebear

What are You Reading?

Just finished reading 'Mona Lisa Overdrive'. I would recommend at least reading neuromancer even though it's technically the start of the sprawl trilogy it stands on its own.
  7. smokeythebear

[Game] Dota 2

I dont have enough time to play lately but during work breaks I have been betting on dota lounge. So satisfying winning 4-6 rares :p
  8. smokeythebear

How much time does it take to make a RO2 map?

I would recommend making at least 1 map solo before trying to organize as a team of people. Working on a project as a group I think makes better quality products but it hardly reduces the time it takes for a map to be complete. Mapping on its own is more then feasible for an individual to do...
  9. smokeythebear

[Game] Company of Heroes 2

What are the factions like compared to CoH1? Is it gimmiky **** like PE/british or closer to American/Wehr? Did anyone else on these boards play competitively Id love to hear what you think of the game. I drifted in and out of top 10 1v1 Wehr but never won any tournaments. I remember posting a...
  10. smokeythebear

The Electronic music thread

I like. Here is what ive been listening to lately sry if it was already posted. Com Truise - Hyperlips - YouTube Com Truise - "Brokendate" - YouTube
  11. smokeythebear

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Odessa

Im glad you remade this map its one of my favourites. I dont think a 1:1 remake is wise for RO2 where there are typically more players and harsher chokepoints due to bullet penetration, more accurate smgs, less powerful nades. Maybe add some extra wrap around area to the last 2 objs to help...
  12. smokeythebear

Valves new game - a dota port on the source engine

Remember I had just started playing at that point when I wrote that. I would go carry WR every game with shadow blade + random agi items lol After that it was on to full quota furion games... http://dotabuff.com/players/10569505/matches?page=67
  13. smokeythebear

Beta Map [MAP] No Man's Hill

Played 3 rounds on a full server a couple of things; -Maybe make clearer paths for tanks, ie flatten the ground a bit/add roads in front of tank spawns. -More ground textures and some intact trees would go a long way in making the map look less bland. -Maybe some more foxholes/small...
  14. smokeythebear

Everyone loves a good debate... PC Gamer Article

I think the 'we are just an indy team' defense is too easy to fall back on. No matter what the scope of a game is and the resources available it doesn't make sense for a company to be so unrealistic about what they think they can achieve. More then anything people were turned off by the...
  15. smokeythebear

Everyone loves a good debate... PC Gamer Article

I hope they just launch RS with just true RO mode and no gimmicks. Its all the small population of ro2 plays now anyway.
  16. smokeythebear

Mechwarrior Online Free 2 Play game

Noob question can someone explain alpha strike for me. I really dont understand how to use it and what it does.
  17. smokeythebear

There really needs to be saved profiles available for each mech. Its so annoying having to click through armour and all this other ****. Also everytime some unusable ammo is forgotten in the legs or armpit.
  18. smokeythebear

Lol so that's why i get 15ping
  19. smokeythebear

Ah no wonder there are so many people with 200+ ping. Nothing is more frustrating then an ECM jenner warping around
  20. smokeythebear

Got the game a few days ago having a blast. My first mech is a catapult k2 with dual ac/20 For my second im going to grind for an assault. Maybe a stalker. Something that can fight it out up close. By the way if anyone is NA and plays on TS add me on steam.