• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. J

RO2 Does the PPS 42/43 serve any role? and any other useless guns?

I kind of like the sound of the PPS42 better. And the folding stock is undeniably cooler-looking. But yeah, other than that it's value is diversity.
  2. J

MG-42 and the new patch that fixed nothing :(

I didn't notice a huge difference to be honest. Mostly I use very short bursts, and those are still quite accurate. Maybe hipfiring is harder now, but I couldn't tell. Still had a few hipfire kills as I moved through buildings. But yeah I thought it might have been a bit harder. But with...
  3. J

So when?

lol before Christmas? THIS Christmas?!? Not a chance! Next Christmas. Maybe. Keep in mind how long it took for Rising Storm, first announced in the Announcements Forum in May 2010 and released Jun 2013. And that wasn't a new engine, just an expansion.
  4. J

Is it gonna be one huge pay and spray fest?

I think it's probably not prudent to assume you'll be able to easily see your enemy.
  5. J

60's Music?

I think it's totally clich
  6. J

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Awesome! Fantastic news! I cannot wait to see how the obvious inherent massive asymmetry is balanced out.
  7. J

[Game] Is someone willing to trade a SC 2 account ?

Whats SC2? Farkin gamer acronyms...
  8. J

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Playing tons of Prison Architect lately. :)
  9. J

Any snus-users out there?

Smokeless tobacco? Dear God man... have you seen the Oral Cancer wiki page? I hope you can shake this and don't get cancer.
  10. J

RS Make the japanese MG go to iron sights without using bipod

Sure they could be modified. But the Japanese didn't modify them that way and didn't use them that way. So doing it now would be unrealistic. They DID put scopes on them, and bayonets... Because those games are unrealistic in this respect. It could be said that the Japanese either were SO...
  11. J

How to Purchase RO2 for Another Person

Steam won't let you buy a game twice for yourself. It literally forces you to either gift the game now, or stick it in your inventory for gifting later.
  12. J

RS T-100 upgrades

Yes, the first-tier T100 submachinegun is the one to take.
  13. J

RS Make the japanese MG go to iron sights without using bipod

Look. The Browning Automatic Rifle was made to be fired from the shoulder or from rest. It has a foregrip. The Japanese Type 96 and Type 99 machineguns were not. They do not have foregrips. It will. not. happen. It would be unrealistic.
  14. J

Looking for TWI dev twitter account links

How much you willing to pay for home addresses? (jk)
  15. J

How does one get into programming and get good at it?

Talent. Like any skill, you'll excel only if you have the innate talent for the tasks. It has to make sense to you and interest you. You'll be interested in things for which you have talent, though interest doesn't mean you have it. Then you'll require training. A Computer Science degree...
  16. J

MG42 beer thread

Not really no, it had definitely gotten into the syrupy barleywine stage, where usually a young one still has hops flavor, for an American Barleywine anyway. Last night I had a rather amazing beer, Midnight Sun Brewing's Berserker Imperial Stout. With Maple Syrup and Molasses, aged in Oak...
  17. J

Welp, as expected, GTA V is amazing.
  18. J

The interface makes the game way more frustrating than it should be

I believe the spawn point that Auto will choose for you will be selected (red) in the spawn-select map.
  19. J

As of tonight, Grand Theft Auto V PC for a while I think. Oh, and I've been hammering away at Prison Architect too.
  20. J

Commander's independent periscope

They would absolutely have to tell the gunner where to turn, he was the only one with the controls. I think only in this game is it usable as a gunsight.