• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

When will there be a hardcore mode?

+1. They should also name it Red Orchestra mode since that is what this game SHOULD have be like in the first place.
  2. B

Link to draft manual, and post launch interview!

If only GameSpy knew the truth about Tripwire...
  3. B

Hello. Was thinking of buying this game.

Don't buy. Don't trust Tripwire. We learned the hard way.
  4. B

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Web of lies. Our only hope is now with the modding community. They are the only ones that can save the RO series from Tripwires' reign of terror.
  5. B

How many hours do have in this game?

Around 10 hours. Already sick and bored of RO 2. Went back to having fun in RO 1 and Darkest Hour mod.
  6. B

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

I payed 50 bucks for a working Red Orchestra sequel. Instead, I was tricked into buying a broken CoD mainstream wannabe. This thread is not going away until we RO fans get some damn answers for this travesty.
  7. B

Tanks - The Good, The Bad and the Beauty.

I don't want to get used to it. It's lame and unrealistic. A step BACKWARDS from what we previously had. One of my favorite things about tanking in RO was the WASD movement for the gun, but now we're forced to play with the dumbed down Battlefield mouse control. I just find it funny how they...
  8. B

Tanks - The Good, The Bad and the Beauty.

Can't believe OP didn't mention the controls. Dumbing down to mouse control alone ruins the tanking experience in RO. That should be one of the first things TWI fixes.
  9. B

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

Right. Try hitting a moving target that's 300 yards away when your starving, freezing and exhausted after making a full sprint across a battlefield while being fired at with rifles and bombs. You still think you could do that as easily as your character does in the game? Please. :rolleyes:
  10. B

Iron sight Free Aim [complaint]

+1 Yep. Gotta love when the game has features that already work perfectly fine and make sense, such as the RO1 iron sights and tank gun keyboard controls, and then the developers decide to "fix" it or whatever. *sigh*
  11. B

Red Orchestra 1 Mode

I completely agree. I'm tired of this dumbed down CoD crap. All it's going to do is promote solo running/gunning and suicide tactics, not realism and teamwork. Stop shoving these kiddy mainstream mechanics in and give us a good RO mode, TWI.
  12. B

CoD sniper quick-scoping in RO2 ;P

You've got to be kidding. No sniper would even think about going in a CQB situation like clearing an enemy occupied building alone with a scoped bolt-action rifle. Even If he did for some insane reason, he definitely wouldn't be rushing down the halls quick-scoping like some crazed supersoldier.
  13. B

Sure, he could do it, but not at those ridiculous speeds.
  14. B

Who cares? The point is that quick-scoping is retarded and unrealistic and has no place in any mode of RO. The fact that a damn sniper with a bolt-action rifle can sprint through a 3 story building and clear it out with super speed CoD quick-scoping just proves how dumbed down Red Orchestra has...
  15. B

NEVER at the lame CoD speeds we see in this game. Quick scoping was not possible in RO1.
  16. B

*Facepalm* So, is this how it begins TWI? First step on the road to disappointment.
  17. B

Body Awareness and Bandages

Hell yeah. Just make it around 10 seconds long and RO bandaging would be awesome. I expect to see something similar to this in the first update...
  18. B

Tank turret control via keyboard - thoughts and questions

+1000 Mouse for tank gun movement is just plain stupid. Keyboard controls should have never been changed for it. Massive step backwards for tank combat. Being mainly a tank player, I am very disappointed in this poor decision.
  19. B

How should bandaging work?

Bandaging should take at least 8 seconds. It should make you go "Crap, I'm hit! Have to find somewhere to hide so I can stop the bleeding before they move in and finish me off." Rather than "Meh. I'm hit. No worries, I'll just crouch in the middle of the firefight for 1.5 seconds and all...
  20. B

Excessive Tank Recoil

Yes, I do get it. You don't get that even with some lag, there will still be unrealistic mouse precision control. In RO1, turning the gun/turret is not precise and requires you to pause and make adjustments, like you would expect from WW2 tank gun laying. This takes skill and can be the deciding...