• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Borat

I hate posts that....

Have titles like that!!! That's why I ignore every single one! So if you want a reply to your post (from me), please make your title meaningful.
  2. Borat

Error when joining server since update.

Failed launching URL Package 'Engine' version mismatch I have tried re-installing the server twice, verifying local cache, deleting local System dir and re-verifying, deleting RedOrchestra.ini but still can't get rid of this error. I have tried 5 or 6 public servers and got this to happen on...
  3. Borat

Map downloads reaches 100% then starts over again.

This doesn't just happen with some maps but sometimes I've seen it happen on textures or mutators. When downloading them from a server redirect, it reaches 100% (fairly quickly) then starts over again really slowly. I am assuming there must be some sort of mismatch / corruption with the .uz2...
  4. Borat

High ping after map restart

Has anyone ever experienced this before, especially in clan matches? You are on the server ready to start the game, the admin restarts the map and all of a sudden your ping changes from 76 to 600 or higher :eek: It kinda rules out ISP problems (I guess) if it is a map restart that causes it.
  5. Borat

Where do I set the screenshot resolution?

When taking screenshots of in-game scores, I seem to only get top left section of the screen i.e. only the Axis scores. Is there somewhere I can fix this?
  6. Borat

Spawning - WTF???

OK this has bugged me for long enough. Why TF is it really necessary to spawn facing a wall or facing into a bathroom? I mean WTF is that all about? How much more difficult would it be, to just respawn facing the exit of the room / building??? How annoying is it to respawn holding down your...
  7. Borat

Loading crash using WINE / Linux - Pure Vitual Call

I have Ostfront working to a limited extent with Cedega. Slow, but working. I tried using WINE. Steam boots up fine, the Ostfront splash screen appears, but just as it is about to launch the game I get a dialog box saying something like: R2065 Pure Virtual Call /path/to/redorchestra.exe Now...
  8. Borat

Server List shows really high pings!

My server list shows some servers with good / average pings (60-100). However nearly 90% of the list has pings from 100-800! Strange thing is, if I join one of these hign ping servers, I will usually join with a ping of around 100. I have no way of knowing what my ping will be on any given...
  9. Borat

Really weird Ping issues.

I thought this was due to my recent ADSL Max upgrade but now I am not 100% sure... About 80% of the time when I try to play online I get PINGs of around 300-500. Then when I change the map, the PING suddenly becomes 80!! For no reason. This is most noticeable when playing Kaukasus... ping is...
  10. Borat

Server insists on downloading full maps.

Nothing to see here... move along. Maybe someone could delete this as my question is no longer valid :)
  11. Borat

Server Where is ucc ?

Where is the ucc compress utility for custom maps? I can't seem to find it. In the mod it was in the ut2004/system dir. Someone mentioned elsewhere, about having to download the hlds ? Is the syntax still the same?
  12. Borat

Squad |Ez25| Recruiting.

Some of you will know of us, some may not. We are a predominantly European squad (with 1 from US) and have been around since the Mod days. Whenever Ostfront appeared it kinda fragmented us. The Linux guys couldn't play and others didn't want to use Steam. Anyhow, we are now in a position to...
  13. Borat

Server Kicked for idling... thoughts?

I have this enabled on our server atm but some of our guys have reported that sitting in the same place for too long (eg with MG) results in a warning of an imminent Kick for Idling. Is this not supposed to happened if you go afk or make NO movement at all? Does reloading a weapon or going on /...
  14. Borat

Server Team (Im)Balance

Anyone having problems getting teams balanced? I have the "Players Balance Teams" option selected in web admin but no joy.
  15. Borat

UT3369 for Linux released

I have done a quick search here and can't find another article announcing this so here it is: http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/finger/finger.pl?user=icculus [snip] Unreal Tournament 2004: Holy Moly, after all this time, another patch! http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=2536 Hopefully the...