• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Borat

Red Orchestra Combined Arms Question:

I normally play on Saturday nights but some of the others play most nights during the week. I think the server version is only 3355 and not 3369. Again, I've tried to explain to the admin what is needed but the language barrier kicks in again :( You may find you need more maps and textures as...
  2. Borat

Red Orchestra Combined Arms Question:

Hello there Cpt Praxius. The reason why you cannot join this server (which I play on regularly), is because they do not have a redirect working. I have tried to explain to the admin how to do it but the language barrier is proving too difficult. 90% of the players on the Rostov-na-Dony server...
  3. Borat

[Error] Black sky?

I have exactly the same problem as this. GF7950GT and all gfx settings at minimum, running in a small window. How much lower can I go??? So what's the deal here?
  4. Borat

Future RO: HOS linux support

Just get a decent OS that needs no anti-virus, no anti-spyware and costs nothing.
  5. Borat

Any Linux supprt for Heroes of Stalingrad?

A reply from TWi would be helpful here.
  6. Borat

Playing Ostfront using Cedega on Linux

My best advice for this is: I am assuming you are using an nVidia graphics card... you need to use the latest driver 173.xxx (can't remember exactly). There was a bug in the previous versions which corrupted some textures. I got this when playing the Mod. If you are not using an nVidia card...
  7. Borat

I hate posts that....

Have titles like that!!! That's why I ignore every single one! So if you want a reply to your post (from me), please make your title meaningful.
  8. Borat

Well it isn't perfect (the odd crash) but in general it works well. There is a performance hit because of the "emulation" but it's getting there.
  9. Borat

I got OpenGL working. I had to delete my .ini file. D3D9 works quite well also but OpenGL is so much better (apart from the white menus).
  10. Borat

Yay! It works! However I run it with D3D9 and not OpenGL. It does not start with OpenGL... but it works! It also runs REALLY smooth! I guess the next WINE update will break it though :(
  11. Borat

Unfortunately this still does not work. When I use your file, my mouse sticks to the centre of the screen. The when I use my original file, it escapes from the window again :mad:
  12. Borat

I can't get this to work. I removed WINE via synaptic, downloaded the source, downloaded the patch, patched like this: patch -p0 < ravenshield_dinput_hack_wine-0.9.44.patch It appeared to apply ok. Then I compiled WINE and all went ok. Steam started up ok but RO and HL2 would not run at all...
  13. Borat

Red Orchestra: Combined Arms reversion?

worluk I have no problem with whatever game anyone prefers playing. However, if someone asks a question in this thread (or any other), asking what it is, that people prefer about the mod, then I will reply.
  14. Borat

1. No leaning :) 2. A decent pick-up system 3. You actually own the game and do not just rent it from Valve. 4. No flashing icons on maps 5. A proper cap system ..... well basically everything mentioned in the original post.
  15. Borat

LOL Ermac.... I think you kinda hit the nail on the head. Why go to all the bother of making a game look like a UT mod, when you could just download it and play it for free! No Steam. No DRM. No spyware!
  16. Borat

Return RO:CA

That was actually on Red Square, not Stalingrad ;)
  17. Borat

Can I recommend to all you ladies that still like the Mod, that you join the few of us that still play it (mostly on Saturday nights). We have all the old maps and loads of custom ones also. I have to agree with worluk and gitano in this thread. The Mod is so much more "simpler" than Ost. For...
  18. Borat

Combined Arms is still played alright. I assume you refer to the Mod. Look out for a server called funlevel.net, you will find us there mostly.
  19. Borat

Squad TEAM Ireland

Yes, you can count me out also... So we win before it has started.
  20. Borat

Where to get Steam in .exe form?

Zoring I don't normally rise to that sort of bait, but on this occasion I will. You are a first class pr_ck. @Imnotryan. I run the game in a window of 1280x1024 but the mouse pointer does not stay within the window boundaries. It wanders off onto my normal desktop when I move the mouse. I did...