• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

People you want to rifle butt smack

The written article wasn't so bad, it wasn't particularly belligerent, the writer even acknowledged not everyone would agree. It was a little confusing and patronising at times, and the writer made the mistake of assuming he was in the majority. But otherwise I could agree to disagree. The...
  2. A

Tactics Lets share our favorite MG places!

On TulaOutskirts machinegunning for the russians is typically asking for a sniper bullet. One place I found was good was at bunker 1. What you do is you stay round the back of the bunker and go to the left of the door, if you move near to the back left corner of the bunker you can get a nice...
  3. A

Last Minute Exit?

The only people who should be complaining about people leaving when the game is not over are the ones who want someone to say PWNED to, and them I don't care about. So if I'm considering leaving and am not having fun staging a futile defence then I'll disconnect as soon as I see it is clear my...
  4. A

curious

Not really my early days as I've played on and off since the mod. (and I tell you! Things were better in those days! Not like this spoiled lot today that get a gun each! You woke up at 4:00AM, walked through snow drifts for hours, then bludgeoned a german to death with a stale loaf of bread! If...
  5. A

Last Minute Exit?

No one wants to sit around on Danzig watching a lone russian sit in his spawn while the germans, with 10-20% left, toss grenades and TK each other. But I suspect these are extreme cases that played no part in your question. Everything that happens in a round of red orchestra stays in that round...
  6. A

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

I stole it from a Terry Pratchett book, because I needed an exotic sounding name and lack an imagination.
  7. A

Dumb Luck Moments

Reliance on luck and recognising it are seperate though. For example, on Danzig with the riverfront section behind the wall where the russians jump off the boat. Knowing this is a high traffic area I grenade it as a german. I recognise that it was luck rather then my own skill that had it land...
  8. A

Tactics Defense: Is it a myth?

Indeed, when one thinks they are in a good defensive position only to be sniped or flanked and stabbed can create a pavlovian response against defending. Speaking from my own experience. Also in my case the only thing that stops me wandering off from a quiet point I'm supposed to be defending is...
  9. A

Tactics Downside to attaching bayonet?

I have not noticed an increase in sway as if the iron sights are moving I can't hit anything anyway. But it is good that the effects on unsighted aim and the speed of bring up the iron sights is tangible rather then just a vague suspicion.
  10. A

Thanks for these answers.
  11. A

I've wondered, but havn't thought how I might test conclusively, whether attaching a bayonet to a rifle negatively affects shooting the thing or apart from letting you stab people rather then smack them in the head is merely cosmetic? It seems that having a point bit of metal attached to the end...