• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

a good question concerning the trailer

i have to ask, since this isn't the first time its been done, but why do the official trailers dramatize everything by adding alot of awesome sounding new death sounds adn screams, yet dont bother to put them in the game? I and more than a handful of others think its practically false...
  2. M

of all the guns, why G-41?

from every indication ive gotten from history books and other sources, the g-41 was a lackluster weapon that the germans dropped like a hot potato the first chance they got. can anyone tell me the rationale and a good reason in gameplay terms of why they added that particular weapon?:cool...
  3. M

korean war mod?

tried searching and didnt find a prior topic, so come on, it'd be a great idea! the un forces and south koreans versus the north and chinese with russian weapon, everyone equipped with WW2 era weapons, itd work pretty well i think. anyone see tae guk gi? maybe someone could even add a decent...
  4. M

what do real germans make of this?

http://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/20030314.asp go to this website and see. i bet more than one person might be offended(im american, btw, and just want to know what germans have to say about this link)
  5. M

Pps43>ppsh41>ppd40

I doubt i'm the only person who was reluctant to use the PPS. when i looked at it, it just looks cheap, the smg of an army desperate for weapons. Though it doesnt have the high rate of fire of its brother smgs, i was amazed by the almost absent recoil it has, especially when prone. this thing...
  6. M

If you wanna make a cuban revolution mod...

From reading all kinds of sources i now have a good grasp of the weapons used in the cuban revolution. as follows: Guns definitely used by the revolutionaries: scoped hunting rifles Johnson Automatic Rifles Thompson Submachineguns Madsen machine guns one or two 50 calibers revolvers and...
  7. M

ok, seriously.....

has anyone ever won one ONE game of baksan valley or basovka playing as russians? i know i havent. im not sure wether i just have really bad luck getting to play with a good team or what, but the nasty krauts win every frickin' time on those maps. is that intentional or something?
  8. M

Level Design a reasonable question

if i download a community map, and it really, really, sucks, please tell me i can wipe it off my computer and free up some space for something way better.
  9. M

why carbines? (Merged)

okay, while i see the benefit of reduced weight irl on someones shoulders due to large primary weapons, in a game whats the point of having 2 different carbines for the mosin? they're essentially just the same old mosin except smaller and with crappier accuracy than the normal mosin, right?
  10. M

beta testers:how are the guns in RO?

is the dp-28 as cool to use as it looks(imo)? how are all the other weapons? do they all kick ass? or do any of them kinda suck?
  11. M

something weird

okay, i dont know why, but i had 3 gigs on the drive that has steam in it before i preloaded and bought RO a few weeks ago. right after it got done, i check My Computer and i only had like 600 megs left. any explanation why, AT ALL????
  12. M

An original map idea!!

i read in this book about the 12th soviet mortar trench battalion on lenin street in stalingrad. their story is interesting because of a remarkable guest theyd often get. During the fighting in stalingrad this battalion held a position on the upper floor of building no.36 The germans controlled...
  13. M

Realistic loadout for russian SMG'ers

i forget where i read this, but i heard that the average soviet soldier with a ppsh usually had one or two 71 round drums and multiple curved box magazines. Will RO work with that kind of loadout? also, the ppsh and pps-43 fired the same round am i correct? if so, will pps ammo be...
  14. M

30 cals on the eastern front?

this pic is self explanatory
  15. M

A question for all you in-game germans

it is well documented that german soldiers used the ppsh41 whenever they could get ahold of it, and in a way preferred it over their own weapons. to all you people who want to mostly be kraut in-game, would you grab a ppsh from the body of an enemy, or will you keep your mp40's instead?
  16. M

new maps people could make

forgive me, i've never played the mod, so i don't know if these have been made into maps, but heres some idea of battles to map! The Brest Fortress(heavy fighting, should be a nightmare for the germans to win in) Kharkov(city fighting sort of close to/next to kursk) Kiev(one of the hero cities)...
  17. M

Why?

i notice that in every single game from the same era with the same guns, the sounds that the weapons make are WAY different when fired than in the other games. just take the M1 Garand for example. it makes a completely different sound in MOHAA thats nothing like COD 1's garand. heck, COD 2's...
  18. M

Can someone answer this question?

this has long been a perplexing issue that i have no answer for. here goes: everyone has probably seen the Nazi stiff arm salute, and most know how you salute in the us military. but how did a soviet soldier salute his superiors during the war? any pics would be helpful, or if not a description...
  19. M

Squad n00b questions about realism clans

can someone explain to me ina nutshell how these realism units work? being used to normal clans i find some of the websites rather un-user friendly. they look sweet though, and i'd like to see if these kinds of clans are for me.
  20. M

Blowing up tanks hero style?

i always thought it was pretty cool how in Brothers in Arms, you could get on top of an enemy tank, open the hatch, and lob a grenade on the miserable crew below. My question is, can you do this in RO?