• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. 3

Favourite war movie?

Gad, so many good ones to choose from. I'm really glad that modern special effects have added so much realism to war flix in that they capture the sights and sounds of combat like never before. While some movies have great war scenes (like the air cavalry attack in Apocolypse Now), they didn't...
  2. 3

headphone & mic tips?

You mean hour head gets a jolt when a bullet stikes nearby or rattles when arty lands near you?
  3. 3

Most Atmospheric Scene in a game?

It may have been silly fun, but it was my first FPS (since Dark Forces) with a brand-new PC. Dark room, sound turned up. I had a blast.
  4. 3

Beta Map RO-Debrecen beta2

Keystone: Been playing for 2 days and having a blast, both as Axis and Allies. Today I was part of a cool event as 5 German tanks (3 PzIVH and 2 Panthers) formed a gruppe and swept in staggered formation from Southwest Field to West field then up into the village. It was a very cool sight and...
  5. 3

Most Atmospheric Scene in a game?

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2002): Transitioning from the cold night air of the German town (overhearing the sounds of the guards shiver and smoke), to the crypt, which scared the bejeezus out of me as the first undead (that you may or may not have seen slaughtering German) burst out of the...
  6. 3

AK-47 Terrorising for 60 years.

Happy anniversary! A typical Soviet creation. The AK-47 is fairly accurate, incredibly reliable, easy to operate, easy to maintain, and rugged beyond description. Other than that it's a real piece of crap.;)
  7. 3

EA: "We're boring people to death"

He wants more light-fare games. Like Wii tennis and Guitar Hero. I expected lots of head-shaking here in this forum cuz we're predominately PC players and hence want more in-depth experience. Outlook: Expect EA offerings to become more like G-rated pablum. Is this what his marketing folks...
  8. 3

EA: "We're boring people to death"

This should stimulate some conversation. Kinda related to the "Games we Need" thread. Your thoughts? From Monday's Wall Street Journal: EA Chief Cites Need For More Innovative Games By NICK WINGFIELD July 9, 2007; Page B4 Electronic Arts Inc. became the world's biggest maker of...
  9. 3

Vodka, babushka, perestroika

Yep, The Exile FTW! Bolt, pretty funny site. Amusing to both grizzled Russophiles and neophytes alike.
  10. 3

So why is this game called Red Orchestra anyways?

Would'a been funny if they named it "Russian Chorus". Pronounced in Russian it sounds like russkiy khor. Or better yet, "Brave Russian Chorus", which would then be pronounced smely russkiy khor. :D
  11. 3

Squad Red Army Clan

Woot! The 3rd Shock steamroller is back!
  12. 3

Your favorite custommaps

How true.:( I love Berezina for pure CA play, as well as Pariserplatz. Still like playing Valley of Death, and hopefully the latest Beta will make it to the major leagues.
  13. 3

Rear MG on Kv1 and IS-2

I think the 'fix' would be making position #3 in the IS-2 the rear MG, since it has no bow MG. As far as losing the 'realism' aspect, that's already foregone when you can warp from the driver to gunner at 40 km/h in a second.
  14. 3

The Sopranos - finale

Whatever happened to the Russians? I thought they might come back and exact revenge from Season 3/4(?). That was a flapping loose end IMO.
  15. 3

The Sopranos - finale

forgot to add option: Tony gets busted and goes to prison.
  16. 3

The Sopranos - finale

With much personal lament, one of the best recent TV dramas comes to a close this Sunday. So what do you think will happen to mob boss Tony Soprano?
  17. 3

female russian tank crew

Yet another thread hijacked by the King Tiger zealots.
  18. 3

A few days ago...

Lol !! You sound like Bill Murray in "GroundHog Day" Phil: I've been stabbed, shocked, poisoned, frozen, hung, electrocuted, and burned. Rita: Oh, really? Phil: Every day I wake up without a scratch on me, not a dent in the fender... I am an immortal.
  19. 3

female russian tank crew

lol. look at my callsign, bro. Don't you think I know what/where Ukraine is? But you are right in your assessment. I call it the 'babushka bomb'. It goes off around age 30-35, when poor diet and poor healthcare overtake innate youthful beauty. I personally know guys who travel to those...
  20. 3

female russian tank crew

Spoken by a man who has never been to Russia (recently). The whole country (along with Ukraine) is teeming with h0t wymn.;)